Thread: GL says Han NEVER shot first
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Angry GL says Han NEVER shot first

Quote:
George Lucas Now Says That Han NEVER Shot First As He Shoves Star Wars 3D Down Your Throat

The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn't....
Source

AV Club Source (a little more substance)

Original Hollywood Reporter 5 questions (with even more GL BS, CGI Yoda anyone?)

I'm calling BS.

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 02-10-2012 at 04:09 PM.
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I'll disagree with him.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
You can't really count anything that comes out of GL's mouth as GL's real thoughts, not when the goiter has manifested itself with roots digging into his brain and controlling his every thought and action.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
A picture is worth a thousand words

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Added some more source links in the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Reporter
If you look at Blade Runner, it’s been cut sixteen ways from Sunday and there are all kinds of different versions of it. Star Wars, there’s basically one version — it just keeps getting improved a little bit as we move forward....
Again. I'm calling BS.

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Han shooting first is an act of self defense. When someone points a gun in your face all is fair game.

deathdisco is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
Again. I'm calling BS.
Not if he considers it a work in progress. As special editions, there is still some work to do.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Lucas is such a liar. I swear; it's getting harder and harder not to hate this guy, though I'm beginning to think that that's exactly what he wants.

In other news, GL is retiring. That's right; no more Star Wars movies -AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! (cue whining about criticism and fan edits)

Never mind that he's been saying that there will be no sequel trilogy all along, but hey; it might get more people to rush out and see TPM (The Polished Manure) in 3-D. Also, if you don't go see Red Tails, you're a racist.

George Lucas: World's Greatest Troll.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
George Lucas: World's Greatest Troll.
QFT

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #10
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Never mind that he's been saying that there will be no sequel trilogy all along,
No sequel trilogy ≠ no more movies

Old 02-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #11
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Well, if Greedo shot first, then it's just more proof that Lucas' directing sucks. Han shot first, and that's what made him such a SW badass. Aging revisionist.....

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2012, 05:23 AM   #12
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I honestly don't see what the problem is. Greedo still dies either way.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2012, 05:34 AM   #13
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor View Post
Actually, I wouldn't have a problem if the change didn't seem so fake and forced.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
No sequel trilogy ≠ no more movies
Which is why I said Star Wars movies.

Whatever Lucas makes will likely suck, regardless. He's become the cinematic kiss of death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor View Post
The original scene showed a ruthless, "shoot first and ask questions later" side of Han's character. That one little change undermines him considerably, which is why people are so ticked off by it.

It was a stupid decision and Lucas is just too pompous to admit it, so he continues to tinker with it instead of changing it back.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 02-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Which is why I said Star Wars movies.
Then what's the point for you to mention the sequels?

Quote:
Whatever Lucas makes will likely suck, regardless. He's become the cinematic kiss of death.
That's a matter of opinion.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Lucas: living proof of the "death of the author".

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #17
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Then what's the point for you to mention the sequels?
What other Star Wars films would he likely make?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd
That's a matter of opinion.
You're right; it is.

Really, though, my only gripe with GL now is his steadfast refusal to release a Blu-Ray edition of the unaltered OT on one hand, and whining about fans editing his films on the other. He can't seem to grasp that if he acquiesced to the former, fans would have that much less incentive to do the latter. Instead, he insists on being obstinate and childish about the matter.

As far as I'm concerned, he can continue to make his soulless schlock if he wants to, and I'll, quite simply, continue to ignore it, like I should've done, but failed to do, with the PT. I haven't seen Indy 4 and I most likely never will. It's the historical revisionism that ticks me off.

-Toker
Old 02-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #18
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
I seem to have predicted, err speculated, some time ago that TOR would probably be his last go with SW before retiring.

So Han shot first when it was cool, but now it's all bout progress towards more sensible, more politically correct, role modeling.

Gotta get with the times.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #19
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
What other Star Wars films would he likely make?
Spin-offs, anything else... The "episodes" are part of the Skywalker story. There is no story beyond that. But Star Wars has a big galaxy, full of other tales.

Quote:
He can't seem to grasp that if he acquiesced to the former, fans would have that much less incentive to do the latter.
If that was true there would only be restorations, and not fan edits. Besides, if he was really affected by fan edits, he would have forbidden them long ago.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:00 AM   #20
RoxStar

Current Game: Everything Zelda
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post

pictures etc.
I think a part of growing up is realizing that when George Lucas doesn't necessarily get his way all of the time (Original Trilogy), his movies are incredible. When he does get his way (Prequels), they suck.

So, essentially, the worst thing about Star Wars is George Lucas.

RoxStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #21
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Didn't bother to read any of the posts... () but the scene with Greedo is like a Western. You either shoot first or you're a dead man and that was that. Han knew what Greedo was capable of so to save his own life he did the only thing he could do... shot him first.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #22
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
Again. I'm calling BS.
Blade Runner has a number of cuts, however Ridley Scott doesn't try to keep people from seeing the admittedly poor theatrical cut. George on the other hand acts like a stupid little child, and only wants people seeing whatever cut he happens to have cobbled together at the moment. Also like a child he insists that the films are "MINE MINE MINE!!", and that he can do whatever he wants with them. Discounting the fact that film making is a collaborative process, and effectively standing on the shoulders of many talented people. He's become a moron who doesn't understand the charm of his own films, and insists on continually diluting them with pointless bull****.

Last edited by Samnmax221; 02-13-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #23
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
Okay...the only way we're gonna to settle this, is by asking Princess Leia whether or not he shoots first.

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
Q
The one who knocks

OK, I lol'd.

-Toker
Old 02-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #25
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
I got over this issue soon after I saw the change originally 15 years ago. And I see Lucas' point-of-view in that he doesn't want Solo to kill in cold blood, but in self defense.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #26
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I thought having Han shoot first was a major point in his character development. Being the awesome badass that he is, and always will be, Han shoots first because he know's he'll die if he doesn't. That and he likes the smell of charred Rodian flesh.... Anyway...

Forward through the events after he meets up with Luke and Obi-Wan, Han discovers a side to himself he never knew existed, or, probably better described as a side that he pushed down because he felt that too much empathy was not a good sentiment for a Smuggler.

But he comes back just as Luke needs him. The change in his character from the self-serving, kill or be killed awesome badass from the start of the movie, to the reluctant, yet caring and willing to put his life at risk for others, awesome baddass that he turns into at the end.

Its not that we WANT him to shoot first, its that Han NEEDS to shoot first. It's of the utmost importance to the story!

Or this could just be a bunch of rambling BS due to three hours sleep, an 8 hour shift and five cups of coffee... Either way, Han shot first. End.

The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2012, 02:31 AM   #27
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
^^^ Good man. I like your style.

Besides, a smuggler finds himself on the worng side of the law occasionally. This goody-goody stuff for all characters is a complete load of ****. It wasn't PG-13 in the original release anyway. So what's the problem exactly?

Not good for young people? PG stood for parental guidance I thought. 'Course we don't see much of THAT anymore.
Young people need to realize it isn't necessarily about glamorizing violence, but rather necessity. Sometimes the heroes aren't all fine and dandy. Are contrast and discretion really so hard to find?

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Community > Tosche Station > GL says Han NEVER shot first