lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Metro 2033
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer

Current Game: KotOR II
Metro 2033

Hey guys it may be a bit late for this but what did those of you that played Metro think? I just bought it and I am going to play it soon. I need to finish replaying the Mass Effect series for now. I did begin playing Metro but stopped to go back to Mass Effect. I just wondered what the thoughts on it are because I have heard great things but so far am not impressed, its not bad but it doesn't impress me yet. Also there is a sequel planned right?

My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Hmm, here's an ancyent thread on the game.

I thought Metro 2033 was a very good, if unassuming game. It doesn't have an epic story or grandiose battles, but it does what it has to do well.

What I like the most about the game is its tight combat. It's a lot like STALKER in that you have to be on your toes and keep an eye out at all times. Ammo is generally scarce and you have to pay attention to what the NPCs are saying (or suffer accordingly). There are plenty of sections in the game where you have a place to cross and it's up to you to use stealth and combat in tandem. A lot of situations you feel like you escaped through the skin of your teeth, and in a personal kind of way, not in a scripted, Call of Duty kind of way.

The story and writing only really pick up toward the ending, so stick it out. Also, while bullets are currency in this game, don't fret over not having enough to buy stuff. You find fairly good guns lying around in the game. If you have to spend, spend it on armour.

And I cannot stress this enough, but keep all your resources stocked up as much as possible, especially your gas mask and its filters. If it's even a little broken, exchange it the first chance you get. I was in an ugly situation near the end of the game where I had a broken mask, entered toxic area at the beginning of a level and kept dying because there were no replacement masks around. Had to redo the entire previous level.

And I don't want to spoil the story/endings or anything, but just pay close attention to everything that's happening in the game. The game is watching even the smallest of things that you do.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer

Current Game: KotOR II
Thank you for the tips. You always seem to be around when I have a question or a comment... *looks around*

I have already made one huge mistake and I am only about an hour in.

Show spoiler

So I hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. Any other comments on the game are welcome though. I would like to hear a range of opinions if possible.

My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Metro 2033