lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Props
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
Katarn07
Rebel Agent

Current Game: Changing diapers count?
Exclamation Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Props

Hello all!

For those that were around in the days I frequented here, you may remember my amazingly huge action figure collection. I've slowly been taking possession of all of that stuff from my parents' house. I only have two shelves in my house dedicated to Star Wars collectibles instead of the whole basement/bedroom I grew up with so I have to be very careful with my planning on what pieces I keep, what I put in storage to pass on to my son, and what I sell off.

The top shelf is completed and features main characters from the original trilogy in 12" form. Rather than just recreating the movie characters for the bottom shelf with the 3.75" figures, I have decided to make a Dark Forces/Jedi Knight shelf. I'll post pictures of the whole display later when I think it's complete but for the time being, I'll tease you with two props that will be featured in the setup:

Custom Built Resin Bryar Blaster Pistol

Machine Fabricated Aluminum/Brass Lightsaber

I already own the lightsaber. Found it on eBay last year. They're pretty scarce. I've seen them for auction as low as $150 and as high as $300. This was the "grail piece" I always dreamed of having as a kid so I couldn't help but pull the trigger on the first one that popped up. I have also seen Yun's saber and the Jedi Outcast version on there. I only have the money and space for one so I picked what I believe to be the most iconic of the three Katarn sabers.

I just recently found that Bryar Pistol for sale. They're offered up as raw resin kits that you have to finish, assemble and paint yourself for $125 or they're offered up as completed, fully assembled, and painted props for $300. They're made to order so even though I ordered it already, I have to wait a couple more weeks to get the raw kit and then I have to assemble and paint it up. You can order one for yourself here.

I'll be sure to post a picture of the whole display when it's finished. In addition to these props, the display will feature 3.75" figures of Kyle and all the enemies he encounters (some of them will be custom made), miniature game pieces, the game jewel cases with cover art inserts, the Dark Horse Illustrated Novellas, and a framed image of Kyle Katarn from the FMV cinematics signed by actor Jason Court.

"The Force is strong with Katarn...." - Darth Vader, Star Wars: Dark Forces

Last edited by Katarn07; 03-04-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Katarn07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Props