lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars: The Darkness Within
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #481
Warlord664

Current Game: swtor
Contest winner - Modding 
Corsail walked down the corridor until he reached his room. He opened the door and noticed the lights in his room were still destroyed. He blinked once and then stepped back out. Nothing I really need out of there anyway.

The door sealed behind him and he walked back into the Shan's main room. As he passed by the ship's ramp he noticed Light sitting to the side. Corsail stood for a moment then sat down across from him. "Hey... so what happened down there with Voleran? And do you know where we're heading? Earlier I thought it would end with Voleran, but I guess he was just another blasted pawn of whoever, or whatever's been pulling all the strings."

Corsail sighed, "And if we're fighting something that can... take over our minds, what chance do we have?"

Lets rock and role play!

http://xat.com/TSLModding
Warlord664 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #482
thelightfang
Rookie

Light noticed Corsail walking over, nodding when they made eye contact.

"I thought it was going to be a more drawn out fight, but, I don't know. It happened pretty fast. Zarev suddenly leapt into battle, and when he struck Voleran, there was this weird light. Then an explosion, which threw them both away. Voleran got hit with a big sharp rock that had been on the ground, and he expelled some kind of dark shadow thing that looked to have gone off-planet... It was very strange."

Light paused to collect himself before answering the next questions.

"It seems we are headed to Voss, which is where I'd guess the next bad guy is. I didn't catch why we were headed there, but it seems important and related. About the mind control... If he was so easily able to take control of people, then why hasn't he taken control of more members of our group? I'm thinking that we are more mentally hardened than the other people who have been taken. Plus, there's Zarev, right? So there has to be a way out from under the control too."

Light paused again, before sharing his thoughts about what they would do next.

"So, it seems like we are going after something even worse than Voleran. And there are five injured members of our group. I'm sure some of us may want to stay and help the Republic HQ here. Others may need to stay for medical treatment. And some may use one or the other as an excuse to leave this mission behind. I'm assuming, but it seems like Zarev will stay for the mission. Per'dra will likely come too, because of him."

Light cleared his throat and swallowed before moving on.

"Vlalkor, Varik, and Avriela seem committed, but who can say for sure? Our most crucially injured are Kif and Traver, though I'm thinking Traver is on withdrawal. So those two might leave, along with that new Sith guy. What are you going to do?"
thelightfang is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #483
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
"Vlalkor, Varik, and Avriela seem committed, but who can say for sure? Our most crucially injured are Kif and Traver, though I'm thinking Traver is on withdrawal. So those two might leave, along with that new Sith guy. What are you going to do?"

"I have no intention of leaving, I've never left a job uncomplete, and I plan to see this one through till the end." Corsail's eyes drifted away from Light and he hesitated before continuing. "One way or another."

Letting out a brief sigh he looked back towards Light, "As for the others, I can't say, I can't really see any of them leaving besides Kif, because of his injuries, and Traver, but he hasn't exactly been all there anyway. And if I had my way i'd get rid of that Sith before he can recover back to his full strength, because honestly, he's just one more thing we have to be watching our backs for."

Corsail paused a moment and his eyes darkened. "But I guess I'm not a very good judge of character, i've spent most of my life around scum. Take what happened on Tatooine for example, I tried to kill you, Avriela, and Traver because I believed all of you were traitors, even after you aided us."

"I apologize about that, I was acting like a complete idiot and I was wrong. There are reasons why I don't trust anyone though, but I don't think you're interested in hearing about any of that."

Lets rock and role play!

Last edited by Warlord664; 03-19-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #484
thelightfang
Rookie

"I don't know about the Sith either. Avriela seems to believe in him, but who can say that he wouldn't turn and kill us all, assuming we manage to complete this mission."

Light realized that Corsail was opening up to him, as the conversation went on.
"Yeah, well, you have to do what you believe is right. And there is nothing wrong with a bit of cynicism. I think I am too much of an optimist, honestly. And at least your intentions are pretty clear. If anything, I can say that it makes me more confident that you will fulfill your role, whatever that might be."

Light heard the landing procedures begin, and, speaking a bit louder, he continued.

"I wouldn't mind hearing more, but I think we are about to arrive, and there is much to do once we land. Perhaps we can have a longer conversation when we are en route to Voss?"

The landing sequence was finished, and the ramp lowered, hitching at halfway down, before grinding noisily to full extension. "Another thing to fix..."

Last edited by thelightfang; 08-08-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #485
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
(OOC: Sorry for the long wait, I've had a really busy month. Let's do our best to keep this RP alive )

"I wouldn't mind hearing more, but I think we are about to arrive, and there is much to do once we land. Perhaps we can have a longer conversation when we are en route to Voss?"

Corsail nodded and stood up as the ships ramp descended, slightly flinching at the screeching noises it made.

"Another thing to fix..."

"You mean that wasn't intended?" He asked, letting some of the humor come back into his voice. Corsail looked out of ship's ramp and sighed. "Vlalkor will probably be gathering everyone up in a minute, I guess we're about to find out who's staying and leaving."

Lets rock and role play!

Last edited by Warlord664; 08-24-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #486
MsFicwriter

Current Game: Arcanum
Roleplayer 
Zarev's alive. I'm alive. Voleran has been defeated. Still, all is not well... These thoughts ran through her mind as she at last conquered her bouts of slipping in and out of unconsciousness. Summoning all of her willpower, she clung to the metal walls of the ship and hoisted herself to a standing position. "Hmm. My legs still work..." Stumbling for a moment, she caught her balance and looked around again. "I'm still aboard the Shan, and I have a lot of catching up to do." Gingerly, she walked toward where she thought the others were, but something sharp, a twinge of unease, still tingled in the back of her mind. "Mind control," she said a little louder, her voice a croak. "Could this...thing...have gotten me already, when I blacked out? Is it capable of possessing unconscious beings?"
MsFicwriter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #487
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Shan

"Velox is the only name I can recall. As I said before, things before my time with the sith are a blur."

Avriela smiled down at him. "Let me know if you have any memories of your time before the sith. And if you ever need someone to talk to than just let me know." She said.

"Mind control," she said a little louder, her voice a croak. "Could this...thing...have gotten me already, when I blacked out? Is it capable of possessing unconscious beings?"

Zarev slowly limped into the room after having regained consciousness. His eyes were bloodshot and he was still in very bad shape.

"He can't." Zarev muttered. "After I threw myself off the Republic HQ on Balmorra I was close enough to death that I was able to actually speak to my old Master. He told me what this thing's goal is and defenses we can use against his mind control abilities. I learned a lot about this thing including that it's very existence is causing massive disturbances in the force on planets all around the galaxy."

"That's how it gained so much strength. It caused disturbances in the force and the force users who investigated these disturbances weren't prepared for it. They fell under it's sway. It learned more and more as more fell under it's sway and thats how it became as strong as it did. With each person that fell under it's sway, it became stronger."
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #488
thelightfang
Rookie

Light walked down the ramp gingerly, unsure whether or not it would give way. He began addressing the Republic soldiers, to find out who was in charge. Once he reached the man, he told him that the ship would need repairs, and began coordinating with him as to how and when this could be accomplished.

The man in charge informed him that it would take three days, after some convincing that it was for an important mission without giving too many specifics, and, with the state of things, they would need help of the crew in order to get it done that quickly. Light volunteered, hoping to speed up the process if at all possible.

Light was ready to begin work, as he hadn't been involved in too much combat and the amount of running they had done was relatively minor. He assumed most of the others would need a day of rest, at least, in order to begin assisting with the repairs.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Star Wars: The Darkness Within