lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars 1313
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #81
Red Hessian

Current Game: Oblivion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
I'm not too sure about the combat, though. It looks a little clanky and probably enjoys too much the cover feature. I hope they make it really dynamic.
This.

I don't know what to think of the whole package at the moment. I think I'll wait until I actually play the demo myself, but it looks a bit too flashy for my tastes.

Also, wanna bet that your character ends up being some kind of Force-sensitive in the end?
Red Hessian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #82
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hessian View Post

Also, wanna bet that your character ends up being some kind of Force-sensitive in the end?
I love Jedi/sith/force-folks, but I hope he's stays a Bounty Hunter, and I hope it has a sad ending.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #83
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Right now we have just seen very short clips of this game, so it's only natural a lot of us don't really know what to think. The combat itself looks fine, but there's not really much we saw at all. But what we did see was impact and collisions. When our Bounty Hunter friend took down that enemy he grabbed him, hit him, dragged him over the crate and snapped his neck. This isn't some kind of arcade action game where all of your attacks go through enemies and you swing lightsabers and crap everywhere... as I said, it has impact in its animation. As long as they work the cover system well it'll work out well, it would actually be worse if the game didn't have it to be honest cause really, who would just stand out in the middle of all of those blaster bolts? Perhaps he gets a shield later and he can do that, who knows. But for now,

What Sabre said is true, right now we have some development done on the PC with no other platform announcements and most likely they haven't started porting it to consoles as of yet. But that's great for all of you guys cause it's a PC game being ported to consoles rather than a console game being ported to the PC which is the bane of your existences, I know. That said, it's definitely going to come out on consoles, no doubt about that, so this game is definitely going to come out late 2013 to accommodate that.

Also, I too am really excited about Dead Space 3, but you all know how much I love Dead Space 1313 can't compete simply cause it's new and we know jack all about it.

Finally, I pity everyone who think this is the worst E3 ever cause they're obviously totally ignoring what Nintendo will bring to the table I on the other hand have so much more to look forward to.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #84
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
So what we know is... it's pretty.

Oh, and everything is either brown or grey.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #85
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
View page
YouTube Video

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #86
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Finally, I pity everyone who think this is the worst E3 ever cause they're obviously totally ignoring what Nintendo will bring to the table I on the other hand have so much more to look forward to.
This, and the fact that we've seen Watch Dogs and The Last of Us....But that's off topic.

I just want to see more gameplay footage, and by more I mean longer segments.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #87
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

So when does the Star Wars 1313 forum come up, you guys?

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #88
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Once there's more of the game to see and talk about then you will see a Star Wars 1313 forum.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #89
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I like!
Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #90
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I thought we would see more by now. The clips don't say much, unless that it's like some sort of Star Wars version of Uncharted judging from one of the clips. Not that I'm complaining, it looks awesome, but we'll need more gameplay vids to really judge this.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Last edited by Miltiades; 06-05-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #91
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
I think wed or Thursday they will be showing more of the game.

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #92
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
IGN is saying there won't be any QTE's.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #93
logan23
Veteran

Yea!!! NO QTEs =)

Old 06-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #94
Jamps

I'm cautiously optimistic. The game looks like it would be entertaining, but it looks like TFU sans Force Powers. The combat looks decent, but I have a feeling that the player won't have as much control over the character as we want.

Sure, all of that is "in-game" footage, but one clip was a cutscene. Another, where it shows the ship going down, you have to wonder how much control you really have over your character. The QTEs might be gone, but that doesn't necessarily mean they freed up the gameplay. I'm hoping that I'm wrong about this! Granted, it is early footage. I'm sure down the road we will (hopefully) see more actual gameplay.

Regardless, I'm sure it will be an interesting game to play upon it's release.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #95
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamps View Post
I'm cautiously optimistic. The game looks like it would be entertaining, but it looks like TFU sans Force Powers. The combat looks decent, but I have a feeling that the player won't have as much control over the character as we want.

Sure, all of that is "in-game" footage, but one clip was a cutscene. Another, where it shows the ship going down, you have to wonder how much control you really have over your character. The QTEs might be gone, but that doesn't necessarily mean they freed up the gameplay. I'm hoping that I'm wrong about this! Granted, it is early footage. I'm sure down the road we will (hopefully) see more actual gameplay.

Regardless, I'm sure it will be an interesting game to play upon it's release.
The Cutscene is in game engine.

I believe they wanted to just show us that this game cut scenes and player playing is the same engine, plus show that this game is more like Uncharted.

I would like to see more information on the story and game levels, like you mention in your post- how much control will players have.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #96
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I'm opening my heart to this game even after so many heartbreaks.

Better to have loved and lost!

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #97
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Some pictures:

Show spoiler

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #98
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Oooh, that last picture....

Right in the face.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #99
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
One complaint I have long held for the SW universe is... they don't come across as releases of, well, WAR. Like when I watch war movies and such. Seems more like epic storytellings about the heroes and villains. This title looks like it might change all of that. I certainly do hope so. I would not mind the grunge, dirt and filth. Some of the more down to earth and bloody aspects of warfare. Maybe I'm just trying to humanize it, and it does risk making the experience seem un-starwars-y, but I want to see equipment and intrigue that matches. This looks like it won't disappoint. This may be speaking too soon, though.

What I have seen so far sort of gives me an impression of Dead Space (which at least one other person here noticed), metal gear, and Half Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Fett View Post
Dare I say it...?

I actually have a feeling this game might turn out ok!

They seem to have a good idea, and another Bounty Hunter game is something i've been waiting for since... Well, since Bounty Hunter back in 2002!

If they go about this the right way, I think this could end up being a good, fun game!
Seconded. Especially the Bounty Hunter part, I don't care what X-Play had to say about it as a game. It was like the first game I played on my first PS2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Dare I say Star Wars: Mass Effect? it looks RPG'y...
Couldn't get too much more M.E. than SWTOR's republic trooper...apparently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanlord56 View Post
I'm liking the direction that this game is headed. Something tells me it's actually going to be good, but it'll take forever to release.
Worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
That would be a Thursday. That's not typically a release day.
*checks*
...He's right. O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
I love Jedi/sith/force-folks, but I hope he's stays a Bounty Hunter, and I hope it has a sad ending.
I hope it has a real ending. A sort of catch 22, not completely happy but left to the eye of the beholder. Sort of your call a moral or value judgment.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2012, 01:50 AM   #100
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Cautiously optimistic as well.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2012, 02:22 AM   #101
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

To my great shock, something like this is exactly what I was hoping for (other than KotOR III of course ). I don't want to get too excited yet, since we don't really know anything about it except what it looks like, but at least it seems LA is taking a step in the right direction.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #102
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanius Anglesmith View Post
To my great shock, something like this is exactly what I was hoping for (other than KotOR III of course ). I don't want to get too excited yet, since we don't really know anything about it except what it looks like, but at least it seems LA is taking a step in the right direction.
Yeah, if it's a flop it's because they let it be a flop, you can't say they didn't at least start with a great idea.

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Obi-Wan Bologna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #103
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Bit of an article by Kotaku. Important stuff quoted:

Quote:
Don't get too attached to the guy you see shooting blasters and jumping from ship in Star Wars 1313's screenshots and videos. He's just a placeholder character plopped into place for the purposes of the game's unveiling.

---

The demo I saw this morning centered on two very human bounty hunters descending into the subterranean bowels beneath Coruscant's surface, drawing from some of the same stuff shown in the game's worldwide debut. The pair were apparently on the hunt for the sentients they were assigned to capture. With one captured creature in tow, the pair board a transport only to have it attacked by a Hunter-Killer droid type leading a squad of assailants.

---

The live PC demo was controlled by an Xbox 360 Logitech controller and Robilliard says that they're using a heavily modified Unreal 3 engine with lots of plug-ins and add-ons to make things pop the way they do. 1313 represents the first time that ILM, LucasFilm Animation, Skywalker Sound and LucasArts are all working full-time on a game project. The company knows they have to win back gamers' trust—I'll have more on that later this week—after the disappointing debacle of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #104
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus View Post
One complaint I have long held for the SW universe is... they don't come across as releases of, well, WAR. Like when I watch war movies and such. Seems more like epic storytellings about the heroes and villains. This title looks like it might change all of that. I certainly do hope so. I would not mind the grunge, dirt and filth. Some of the more down to earth and bloody aspects of warfare. Maybe I'm just trying to humanize it, and it does risk making the experience seem un-starwars-y, but I want to see equipment and intrigue that matches. This looks like it won't disappoint. This may be speaking too soon, though.
I think the most Wars-y they could get would be to have some game focussing on one of the great Jedi-Sith wars of long ago, with conflicts being fought on the ground by jedi/sith soldiers in epic battles involving hundreds, even thousands of combatants. Something like the Battle of Russan, with Lord of the Rings-scale set-pieces. Now that would be one hell of a war among the stars.

But regarding your point, I personally don't see how what we've seen of 1313 relates to war at all. It seems to be like another story of an individual hero's exploits, like most of SW media. And bounty hunter's are usually very individualistic (they have the skills of [sometimes elite] soldiers, but they offer their services for coin, rather than a cause), so this would probably imply the afforementioned point.

Unless, of course, our bounty hunter friend ends up joining the rebellion. But, there's nothing to base any such conjecture on, because, as Sabre pointed out, the guy in the demo isn't even the main character.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #105
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus View Post
I hope it has a real ending. A sort of catch 22, not completely happy but left to the eye of the beholder. Sort of your call a moral or value judgment.
After a long boss fight with lots of falling stuff and fire, our hero learns a moral lesson and the final scene has him breaking the Coruscant surface to see the glorious sun, symbolising the redemption he has achieved after his long trials in the underworld.

Calling it.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #106
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
So what are the odds that this is Fett as a teen?
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #107
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

In season 4 of the clone wars series, Fett is already in his teens, if Fett does get attached to this game he'd have to be somewhere in his 20s I would think.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #108
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Rhett View Post
So what are the odds that this is Fett as a teen?
Quote:
In season 4 of the clone wars series, Fett is already in his teens, if Fett does get attached to this game he'd have to be somewhere in his 20s I would think.
Has it been revealed when this game is going on?

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #109
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
I guess I speak in the name of every cell, organ and muscle of my body when I say I'd rather have a new character. Sort of what TFU did with Starkiller, but with less Mary Sue involved.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #110
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
I guess I speak in the name of every cell, organ and muscle of my body when I say I'd rather have a new character. Sort of what TFU did with Starkiller, but with less Mary Sue involved.
Definitely.

Personally, a suicidal, deathstick addicted ex Coruscant cop turned hunter would be awesome, but I imagine that's far too dark a personality to be considered.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #111
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
Has it been revealed when this game is going on?
I would hazard a guess at between 19BBY - 0 BBY, they have imperial shuttles and technology it seems, but then so does the Sith Empire in SWTOR, so its anyones guess atm lol

Wookieepedia has it within the Rise of the Empire era... but thats anything from 1000 BBY - 4 ABY

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #112
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
It's set between the two trilogies, I think that was mentioned at E3, so yeah, between 19BBY - 0BBY would be the correct timeframe.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #113
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

It definitely shows an Imperial Shuttle and TIE Fighters the way we know them in in the original trilogy, so there's no question that it's set some time after Revenge of the Sith.

As for the main character... it all really depends on where they're going with the story of this game that'll determine what kind of character we get. Even if it's Boba Fett in his 20s, if the story fits and I really don't see the problem with him being in the game.

In terms of a self abusing "mature" character with all these problems and such... if they decide to go down that path, they better be prepared to make the story extremely relevant to all of the characters faults. The other downside is to make him or her (we really don't know at this stage) too flawed that it becomes too much of a cliché itself or the character is just completely unlikable.

Personally, I'd like to see a character somewhere half-way between Nathan Drake and Isaac Clarke. Capable in their fields, cocky, flawed and maybe even a little scarred. But not to extreme on any of those points because the key would be to make him the every man or woman.

Or maybe the character could be more mysterious and be more of an observer with the game allowing us to solve problems and progress using different methods that could shape our own character... without using a dark/light system of course, I'm thinking more along the lines of how there'd be multiple solutions to a problem and we choose the option we think the character would choose, so we end up shaping our personal characters, whoever he or she is...

Old 06-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #114
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
I'm disappointed.

A most likely (from what I can tell) linear story, and generic Uncharted-like combat.

I also don't understand how he's living if he's jumping off of a ship like that onto one that's burning.
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #115
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
I'm disappointed.

A most likely (from what I can tell) linear story, and generic Uncharted-like combat.

I also don't understand how he's living if he's jumping off of a ship like that onto one that's burning.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #116
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor View Post
Personally, a suicidal, deathstick addicted ex Coruscant cop turned hunter would be awesome, but I imagine that's far too dark a personality to be considered.
Oh yes this. I'm totally up for a Star Wars Max Payne.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:30 AM   #117
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Oh yes this. I'm totally up for a Star Wars Max Payne.
Hahaha nice analogy.

I'm all for a death-sticks/spice addict for a character (or at least a key companion). But I distinctively remember those drug references being censored or removed in a Star Wars media, don't recall which. I wonder if we'll see those or even more interesting, Hutts with investment in drug dealing.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #118
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Totally lol'd.

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #119
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
View page
YouTube Video

Old 08-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #120
Suaidan
Rookie

Current Game: KoToR 2
Why can't they just make a decent Bounty hunter RPG....You would think after KoToR they could just take what they learned there and apply it to a different scenario/story line.

"The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about"- Derek Bok
Suaidan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Star Wars 1313