View Poll Results: Do you still play?
Yes 23 57.50%
No 8 20.00%
Sporadically 9 22.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: So who's still playing?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #81
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Well i have a 50 healer... on another server unfortunately..
Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #82
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasraLantill View Post
Any particular time of day that would be good to meet up with any TWC guildies so that I can get an invite back to the guild?
I'm on most nights by at least 7:00pm central time....Ops usually start at 9:30 pm central (7:30 pm server time), so if I'm on and don't answer, I'm watching peoples health bar instead of the chat. Have a ops tonight and monday night beyond that Leyn'a and Bremiaha will be free.

Only toon that lost her name was Mant'a, 99% of the time I am either on as Bremiaha or Leyn'a, but I am also leveling Sliv'ilia on the Imp side, if you seen none of them just go to guild chat in skype. Most of the time you should find at least one of us in there.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #83
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
@ Lynk -- Yeah. Who knew Miqui was such a popular name? :s I'm really not bothered too much about it. Got a shock though when I first transfered and her name was listed as ASIFGURAIYIA. For a moment, I actually thought about keeping that one, but the system wouldn't let me.

Drat.

@ Mim -- I'll try to catch you sometime this weekend. Time difference means I have to wait til about 1am my time, and as I'm getting sleepy and have to work in the morning, I'll have to go and find you another time. I did level Mi'qui to level 42 tonight, so I'm getting there slowly but surely.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)
Old 06-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #84
RogueJedi86

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
So is there any chance of a list of all the Lucasforums people on The Harbinger? I /who Walking Carpets on my Rep sometimes and see people, but I don't message because I don't know who they are on the forums here. And on my Imp I don't know any of the LFers so I don't know who to talk to there.

Maybe if we could have a topic with the names of most of the LFers' in-game names?

Mine are Hayne on Rep side, Aegean on Imp side.

"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #85
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi86 View Post
So is there any chance of a list of all the Lucasforums people on The Harbinger? I /who Walking Carpets on my Rep sometimes and see people, but I don't message because I don't know who they are on the forums here. And on my Imp I don't know any of the LFers so I don't know who to talk to there.

Maybe if we could have a topic with the names of most of the LFers' in-game names?

Mine are Hayne on Rep side, Aegean on Imp side.
We've got a guild roster for the Walking Carpets that should easily tell which people are which in-game, an Imperialist Basterds guild roster is on its way. By the way, I've added your imp character to my friends list because, if I recall, you wanted the character added to the guild. Haven't seen you online yet, but maybe that's because I haven't been on as much these last few days. My main is Darec on the imp side.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #86
RogueJedi86

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
I've not been on in a week because the game's launcher has bugged out on me and been looping a download/install off the 11gb Main Assets 1 file that I'm still troubleshooting on the forums. The problems have bummed me out into a "I like SWTOR but it really doesn't like me to like it" phase I get into every once in a while when the game acts weird with a computer freeze or launcher problems or whatever else.

I'm sure I'll be back in time, just saying why I've not been on. :P

"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #87
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Huh, it just so happens I've probably had that same issue myself. It happened to me when it wanted to patch 1.3, but it got an error at some asset file. When it gave me an error, the repair option came up, which I tried a couple of times until it decided to work again. Don't know if you'll find out much from looking on the forums, I've done that myself and the most common answers I've seen were in the genre of "toughen up" or "keep trying".

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #88
Qui-Don Jorn

Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
I suppose it's lucky I got to keep everything when I went to Jedi Covenant from Telos Restoration Project. Legacy name and all toon names. Quidon, Ilson, and V'dori.
All safe and sound on a standard to heavy pop server..
Rocking V'dori at the moment..35th lvl and on Alderaan, so I'm good.
The guild I could care less about..cause they could care less about me. I have 2 friends that I made on TRP that transferred more or less with me that I hang out with regularly. But one I lost in the transfer, Lilla, from Canada..she had her baby right before the server transfers and I havent seen her since. Hope she gets back on at some point and makes the transfer...it'd be wonderful to see her.

And as far as my guild...don't care. Even if Quidon(50) left it..it's a much higher pop server so I feel like it's a wide-open fresh start. I'll meet more cool ppl eventually.
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #89
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuai-Donn Jorn View Post
I'll meet more cool ppl eventually.
Or, you could roll a new character on The Harbinger and play with the Walking Carpets or Imperial Basterds.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)
Old 07-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #90
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Alright for someone looking to get into the game...is it REALLY worth the $15 a month to you?

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #91
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
At this moment no, but this is just my Opinion. I understand its a new game, but it has been built to make implementing basic MMO systems almost impossible. To make this a living breathing MMO that I would personally enjoy as much as other MMO's I've played they would need to rebuild 70% of the game from scratch.

Open World, worth re-visiting planets, non linear
Player Housing
Fun expanded Economy
Guild cities/ships
ability to Change Faction and Profession
Hybrid skill sets
Post-Player creation Customisation (Barber, plastic surgeon)
Non Combat Professions (Crafter, Entertainer, swoop racer, smuggler (actually smuggles)
Customisable Ships, more styles and types (ie; not same ship for each class)
Day/night, weather cycle
Completely rebuild sharding system.. in fact the whole engine is crap
Remove Companions, just add pets or droid familiars (Give a buff, help in combat when needed, but not a necessity)
Letting people have the damn names they want instead of having to change them cause you spread your servers too thin

Again this is just my opinion, and thats how it will remain I assume, please don't quote me to try and prove me wrong or call me unrealistic... I just have very specific MMO tastes, tastes that have unfortunately fallen out of favor. people, or game companies it seems, want a "Quick Buck" on rails theme-park. sucks to be me lol

Last edited by adamqd; 07-09-2012 at 10:43 AM.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #92
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
You forgot "Letting people have the damn names they want instead of having to change them cause you spread your servers too thin" ...just saiyan.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #93
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
You forgot "Letting people have the damn names they want instead of having to change them cause you spread your servers too thin" ...just saiyan.
Amended post

Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #94
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by urluckyday View Post
Alright for someone looking to get into the game...is it REALLY worth the $15 a month to you?
It all depends on the individual; personally to me it is worth it. I can't argue with adamqd points, because they are all true and I agree with many of them, but some of the others if implemented would make me question the cost of $15 a month. It is all a matter of personal taste, or in my case the lack there of.

I’m playing around 70 - 100 hours a month, so .22 cents a hour is pretty cheap entertainment for me.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #95
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Remove Companions, just add pets or droid familiars (Give a buff, help in combat when needed, but not a necessity)
So, remove any BIO qualities that even remotely salvage it, and rather be it another boring MMO clone instead of KOTOR with MMO-**** making it unappatitable?

Sure would be the opposite of "improvement" to me.
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #96
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

I have no idea what you just said

Old 07-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #97
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Wait, you want to REMOVE companions? Are you mad? Companions are awesome If I were still playing I'd tell you about how Silvana and Vette are an awesome red and blue team and how Lynk and Elara just cannot be taken down, or the way Priss always humiliates her companions just cause it's fun.

Without the companions, a lot of fun is taken away from the game.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #98
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

I.Hate.Companions

Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #99
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Well, then you just suck

Old 07-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #100
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Not really, I just want them removed from combat, I enjoy their company and stories, I hate doing PVE with them , I like to know my survivability and damage is based on my Character and play style, I hate having to rely on my Companion (Esp with my sage)

Old 07-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #101
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Have you ever thought about... you know... dismissing your companion? You can. I do it sometimes with certain characters.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #102
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Have you ever played a level 50 sage?

Old 07-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #103
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

You're not going to start one of those "my class is nerfed" things are you? Cause players of every class go on about how their particular class in nerfed in some way.

I've played a lv 50 Vanguard, Marauder and Gunslinger. Was close to getting my Assassin to lv50 and was working on several other classes, I'm sure you've seen the screenshots of my toon list.

Whether you play a sage or whatever is irrelevant cause each class has their own strengths and weaknesses and the PvE stuff is pretty damn simple to take on, even without your companion. I've done it plenty of times, especially with Silvana cause by the time she reached lv50, Vette became useless because she still has very low level gear so she goes down instantaneously leaving me to take on a mob by myself with my Marauder and sometimes a patrol too when I get sloppy.

After playing through all of these different classes I've managed to figure out what makes each tick and how to best use their abilities, even when the odds are against me. My Sage may be sitting on the fleet at lv10 with the Rakghoul plague infecting her neglected ass, but I think I've played through enough of every other class to say that the whole "this specific class is nerfed in some way" argument is stupid.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #104
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Your Wrong, but thats ok I cant do my dailies on Corelia without my DPS comp, and me set as a Healer, Just Saiyan

Old 07-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #105
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

I must be, I must have haXx0red the game.

EDIT: When you edited your post, you could have at least fixed the "Your" Just saiyan.

EDIT 2: Also, if you're playing as a healer then you'd need someone else regardless... I mean, I don't understand why you want to get rid of the system that is enabling you to play as a healer through the PvE stuff in the first place.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #106
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
adam, sounds like you just want SWG back, which is fine, but it isn't what this game was ever meant to be.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #107
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Your Wrong, but thats ok I cant do my dailies on Corelia without my DPS comp, and me set as a Healer, Just Saiyan
Why not? I can do them all but the CtS without my companion (and do when they are out on crewskills) with my Scoundrel... Hell I can even do the acid bath one with only one antidote as long as I have upper hand stacked. I can even do Lessons Learned on Belsavis solo (without companion) with either my Scoundrel or my Shadow (not saying I kill the Champs solo, just that I get credit for the quest without dying). With companion I even kill the champs.

I can also do all but CtS solo with my Shadow and that is without using CCs, since I am trying to learn to DPS better I've been limiting my companion use, stealth and my CCs use. My Shadow can't do CtS even with companion and another DPS, but my healer can take anyone through CtS just with companions. You can find the worse level 50 DPS player and if they can stay out of breaking CCs and use a Tank companion I will get them through CtS. I will say the one thing Scondrels have on Sages is the CCs and Stealth, however that is more than made up for in Sages ability to heal.

Last edited by mimartin; 07-09-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #108
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Lynk: I said "your wrong" regarding your detailed assumption of my situation, not that your wrong over all in your Post, I do very well on my Juggie solo. I went healer because its the only way I can do the dailies un grouped... as a DPS spec I die lol (I suck ok? )

Mav: I Liked what SWG had, there is nothing wrong with having a game I play be how I want it

Mim: I must suck at sage then

Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #109
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

You must unlearn what you have learned...

Old 07-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #110
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:

Player Housing
Fun expanded Economy
Guild cities/ships
ability to Change Faction and Profession
Hybrid skill sets
Post-Player creation Customisation (Barber, plastic surgeon)
Non Combat Professions (Crafter, Entertainer, swoop racer, smuggler (actually smuggles)
Customisable Ships, more styles and types (ie; not same ship for each class)
Day/night, weather cycle
Completely rebuild sharding system.. in fact the whole engine is crap
Letting people have the damn names they want instead of having to change them cause you spread your servers too thin
Most of these I can agree with. Though I would add, Free flight space. I would keep companions, but add the option for animal or purchasable droid companion. That leaves it open for others who enjoy companions.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #111
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

It would be cool to have a pet that could serve as in a "Companion lite" role. I like having my companion character and a pet following me around but having them both help me out at the same time would be awesome.

(lol, I'm talking like I'm still playing the game when I'm not.)

Old 07-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #112
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Most of these I can agree with. Though I would add, Free flight space. I would keep companions, but add the option for animal or purchasable droid companion. That leaves it open for others who enjoy companions.
Dang forgot space lol, yea re-make space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk
(lol, I'm talking like I'm still playing the game when I'm not.)
Me too

Old 07-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #113
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

BioWare have said that they've got big plans for the space battle/flight part of swtor... and they have mentioned several times that guild capital ships are only a matter of time. It'll probably end up being awhile until anyone sees those features though...

Old 07-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #114
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Mim: I must suck at sage then
Either that are you don't have the gear or are using pvp gear in the pve part of the game which I assume isn't correct since you know way more about this than me.

One of the two best players I know in the game is a Sage healer and other than being squishy, he is way better DPS even spec as a healer than my Shadow spec as DPS. Hell other than Mav gunslinger and Jeff's knight I don't know of many that can out produce Seijin's Sage. I really want to see his DPS Knight and Mav's Gunslinger playing together.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #115
RoxStar

Current Game: Everything Zelda
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Definitely still playing. I may switch out to a free account once school starts up again. Will it be easy to swap paid for free and vice versa?

RoxStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #116
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Still playing, but definitely lost some interest. Log in about 1-2 times per week, mostly just for operations and occasional Imp alt leveling.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #117
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

I'm actually quite psyched about the F2P model, it means more of the Fluff and Wall of crazy stuff will get implemented. I play MMO's to be another brick in the wall, its the small things that interest me;

MY own Story (Not Bioware's)
Customisation
Collections
Titles
Pets
Items
Exploration
World PVP
Community.

I have absolutely no Interest in being 1 of 115,000 Sith Warriors who all happen to be called Darth **** and get on the Dark Council. (I also avoid Ops, and FP's, never done one, dont care if I ever do)
F2P generally (and by the looks of what we have seen of the cartel currency system so far) Looks to be all about the "Fluff" which suits me.

I'd still like a bit more effort put in to reworking space, But I'm more interested now than I was 2 weeks after Launch

Old 08-03-2012, 03:43 AM   #118
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
I'll definitely start playing again when the F2P hits!

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #119
darth hk-47
Rookie

Current Game: The Old Republic
I just started plaing the free to play version and I love it. I was wondering, since I downloaded the game I made my game and so did two other people. If one of us buys it will we all get to play our seperate games??? Please help because we are thinking of getting it soon and I would like to have started it by then.
darth hk-47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #120
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
I'm hoping when the F2P model is in this will mean less Gear Grinding in the game. That is the one thing that annoys me in the end game- the gear grinding..=(

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > So who's still playing?