lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Do you want KOTOR 1 and 2 remade and made available for Xbox 360?
Yes 20 68.97%
No 8 27.59%
Yoda 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Knights of the Old Republic re-make
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
Jedi_Master Lee
Lurker

Current Game: KOTOR, KOTOR 2, Skyrim, ME3
Knights of the Old Republic re-make

I am wondering if there is anyone out there that would like for Lucas Arts to remake both KOTOR and KOTOR 2:TSL for the pc and make it available one the Xbox 360, that way then for those of us who cant seem to get KOTOR 2:TSL to work we would be able to (plus the fact that the xbox versions are extremely rare now).
Jedi_Master Lee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Um, why can't you get TSL to work?

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
*~*Darth pOOba*~*
Rookie

Current Game: The game of life
That's like asking me if I wanna marry Han Solo.

Geek is Chic

"...And we will never back down, because a life without freedom is not a life worth living." - Ratonhnhaké:ton

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill
*~*Darth pOOba*~* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
The problem with this idea is that the only people who'd really be interested in this would be people who already own a copy of the original, so they'd really be paying for the same content multiple times (I'm one to talk, owning The Orange Box, Portal 2, Skyrim, and Minecraft on both Xbox 360 and PC. Also Android, in the case of Minecraft), and the developers would be wasting resources that could be put to better use making an entirely new game.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #5
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Yes, and with updated graphics and the cut-content included as well.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #6
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
The game engine they used for the Mass Effect games would be awesome. But, this is LucasArts we're talking about and that means that would never happen.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I'd love something along the lines of the Baldur's Gate remake.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
DeathScepter
Rookie

more content that makes sense within the game itself.
DeathScepter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

An HD remake would be awesome, extra quests that didn't affect the plot and shiny new outfits and weapons would be cool, but it should still essentially be the same game "no tampering with the genetic structure to make it more docile, pure genetic replication" lol

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Obi-Wan Bologna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
DeathScepter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Bologna View Post
An HD remake would be awesome, extra quests that didn't affect the plot and shiny new outfits and weapons would be cool, but it should still essentially be the same game "no tampering with the genetic structure to make it more docile, pure genetic replication" lol
Adding New Planets will be a Must. New or Old Character should replace Bastila after a certain scene.

4 new planets and 2 or more new locations.

Rebalancing of the classes, Make Skill oriented Characters more useful.

Lightsaber Forms and Force Forms.

More Variety of builds.

Expanded Characterization of All major characters and fan favorites. Kill off Trask violently and sadistic.

Expanded Planets and Locations.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #11
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

That's... kinda pointless.

They should rather have OE make KOTOR3 than do all that.
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #12
DeathScepter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter View Post
That's... kinda pointless.

They should rather have OE make KOTOR3 than do all that.

I have ideas how it would together while respecting Kotor 2 and their fans greatly.

Just say, Personally if there was a Kotor 3, it should ignore what the piss poor way how Jedi Exile and Revan were treated in related to ToR.

Personally Kotor 3 should be complete while not killing either off but letting both of them doing something heroic while being respectful to the fan base and Fan Fic writers to do what ever they damn please with much greater ease.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #13
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I could die happy if LA actually did this - I would have these games buried with me within my sarcophagus

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #14
DeathScepter
Rookie

as long as Bioware and Sensible Fans do have their way, I do say go for it.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
Qui-Don Jorn

Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
Quote:
Just say, Personally if there was a Kotor 3, it should ignore what the piss poor way how Jedi Exile and Revan were treated in related to ToR.
???
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
DeathScepter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuai-Donn Jorn View Post
???

not Everyone liked how Jedi Exile dies in the Revan Novel(I am in this group), Revan doesn't deserve 2 flash points within ToR regardless of your opinion of him(I am in this group)

I am one of the people that rather have characters to fade away than have poorly written crap. Sometimes it is a good idea TO NOT to listen to fans.

Kuai-Donn, I do complain about certain aspects of Star Wars EU in general
Old 09-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #17
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathScepter View Post
Revan doesn't deserve 2 flash points within ToR
In your opinion.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #18
DeathScepter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
In your opinion.
yeah that is true and my opinion is worth about 2 pennies anyway. Just I am not the type of person that bows down to the glory of Bioware when they put stuff out.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #19
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
I could die happy if LA actually did this - I would have these games buried with me within my sarcophagus
I'm thinking along the same lines

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #20
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Adding New Planets will be a Must. New or Old Character should replace Bastila after a certain scene.
Satele Shan: TOR
Quote:
4 new planets and 2 or more new locations.
TOR

Quote:
Rebalancing of the classes, Make Skill oriented Characters more useful.
TOR

Quote:
Lightsaber Forms and Force Forms.
TOR
Quote:
More Variety of builds.
TOR
Quote:
Expanded Characterization of All major characters and fan favorites. Kill off Trask violently and sadistic.
TOR(sorta)

Quote:
Expanded Planets and Locations.
TOR

For all the hate about TOR, it has everything you asked for.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #21
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Kill off Trask violently and sadistic.
Haha, good luck! You're the person that learns how to put on clothes from the guy.

Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #22
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I happen to know the person claiming to be Revan in TOR was a imposter, I was there and my Revan is female and that guy was not my Revan.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
DeathScepter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
I happen to know the person claiming to be Revan in TOR was a imposter, I was there and my Revan is female and that guy was not my Revan.
I do want to agree with you. For my Revan is much better looking than that guy that claims to be Revan.

And Other than those 2 flashpoints and minor nitpicks, I have nothing against TOR.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #24
Qui-Don Jorn

Helpful! 
Quote:
And Other than those 2 flashpoints and minor nitpicks, I have nothing against TOR.
Ok, well, good.

And for the record I agree with the poorly written crap thing.
Why in the *** would the Republic come back to Taris after 300 years?? Because they just had to get in there somehow...whatever
Old 09-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #25
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuai-Donn Jorn View Post
And for the record I agree with the poorly written crap thing. Why in the *** would the Republic come back to Taris after 300 years?? Because they just had to get in there somehow...whatever
Guess you haven't played the game, because is explained in game in a fairly logical way. Even if it wasn’t, it is pretty logical as to why people did not return to Taris... 1. Planet wide ecological disaster. 2. rakghoul plague 3. Weakened Republic lacking funding/workforce to rebuild both Telos and Taris at the same time. 4. War…

So if you are saying this is poor writing, then mainly say KotOR was poorly written, because it is where the ecological disaster and the rakghoul plague was introduced. TSL introduced the Republic being weakened and Telos being rebuilt first.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #26
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
Gotta agree with mim on that. If you think it wasn't explained, either you didn't play it, or skipped all the dialogue. There are even missions which explain why many people are there.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #27
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Gotta agree with mim on that. If you think it wasn't explained, either you didn't play it, or skipped all the dialogue. There are even missions which explain why many people are there.
Looking at his/her avatar may explain it. While it still has some information the Jedi Consular was the least prominent in explaining Taris (at least to me). In my personal opinion it is also the worse story of any I have played (which explains the poor writing comments. Play the agent and tell me the writing is poor). I will say the class stories are intertwine and to get the real story you have to play more than one. I like Taris best with my smuggler or Agent, but the knight really opened up my eyes to stuff I missed the first 4 times I went through Taris. Agent may have been the best, but the constant night on Taris just didn't do it for me.

full disclosure: Taris is my least favorite planet, next to Hoth. Hate them both with a passion.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #28
Qui-Don Jorn

Helpful! 
Well yeah you got me there, that definately was not a good example.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #29
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
Yeah... I would guess it must be the Consular story that is just horrible. I played smuggler, knight and a bit of agent and sorc(Probably go back to them after F2P), but I had heard the Consular story was bad.

Gotta admit I hated both Taris and Hoth as well. Didn't like the landscape of Hoth, and Taris... just got annoying.

I really wish they had set it up so that the time of day would change on all of the planets. I mean they could still have the emotions they were evoking done with time of day(except Hoth because night time would kill you).

Old 09-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #30
Qui-Don Jorn

Helpful! 
I actually don't mind Hoth anymore but did at first...anyway, thats funny this is a thread about the xbox or something isn't it?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #31
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
It would actually be nice to see an updated version of KotOR, with new graphics and all, but honestly I'm okay if they don't touch it.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #32
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
I concur, on both points. Also, poll forgot yoda option. Don't have an X-box, so it don't make no difference no-how.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #33
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf
Also, poll forgot yoda option.
done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Master Lee
I am wondering if there is anyone out there that would like for Lucas Arts to remake both KOTOR and KOTOR 2:TSL for the pc and make it available one the Xbox 360, that way then for those of us who cant seem to get KOTOR 2:TSL to work we would be able to (plus the fact that the xbox versions are extremely rare now).
i'd like to see it done not just with updated graphics. i'd like to see all the cutscenes get the "Mass Effect" treatment in terms of cinematic quality with contrasting lighting, differing camera angles, more complex animations, and more character interaction.

an update to some of the gameplay would be nice as well. i'm sure purists would howl about changing anything there, but you don't have to change much to improve it. besides, i don't want to just have a game with updated graphics (Halo, i'm looking at you). i want something that's going to make me actually want to spend another $60 on a game that i've played through about 20 times.

at this point, there's probably a lot of people that don't remember this game, anyways. not that its forgettable, but after Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and countless other games, KOTOR is barely thought of any more. its kind of like Sid Meier's Pirates! once you play it, you may not remember it down the road until someone brings it up.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #34
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Funny you should mention Pirates. Every so often I'll pull that out, as well as Civ 4 (haven't gotten 5 yet), and give 'em a whirl. The original B&W version of Pirates was one of the first PC games I played back in the 90s when I still had a Mac.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

Old 09-19-2012, 04:46 AM   #35
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

that's just my point. we all loved the game, and we all have fond memories of the originals. if they were to announce a remake, i think it would bring back a lot of old fans and introduce a lot of new ones to the game. maybe it would even lead to a KOTOR 3???

Old 09-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #36
DeathScepter
Rookie

as long as the remake is good, I am happy. if Kotor 3 is good, i will be happy. if Kotor 2 remake is good i am happy.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:01 AM   #37
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs View Post
that's just my point. we all loved the game, and we all have fond memories of the originals. if they were to announce a remake, i think it would bring back a lot of old fans and introduce a lot of new ones to the game. maybe it would even lead to a KOTOR 3???
Yeah, I got that it was your point. Merely meant that I'd probably be the one bringin' it up was all. If they did make an upgraded engine reboot of the Kotor games, I'm sure there'd be a number of people who'd buy them (given good word of mouth esp). Afterall, look how rich Lucas has gotten by going back to the well w/SW reboots/tweaks. Not so sure you'll everget a K3 anytime soon that takes place w/in timeline of KOTOR charachters given all the $$$ thrown at TOR.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #38
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

well, TOR can kiss my backside. i already don't do MMO's for personal reasons, and they want to throw all the dev money into it instead of 50 other projects i'd rather see LA do. come to think of it, a KOTOR remake probably wouldn't make the budget, either. isn't TOR already FTP, anyways?? gone FTP in less than a year isn't a good sign.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #39
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs View Post
i already don't do MMO's for personal reasons
Neither do I, but someone talked me into it and I am really happy they did.

No it is not F2P yet, but it will be before long...but F2P is very limited. Will get more people with attitude to try it, which is a good thing IMO. After I tried it, I was sold on it because of the story, but to continue playing after 50 in Ops, they will have to Sub. Which Ops, something I though I would hate, is my favorite part of the game. So I think it is a good thing.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #40
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I dunno about about remade, but a HD collection of the KOTOR games for the PS3 would be sweet! Forget dat 360.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Knights of the Old Republic re-make