lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: HK-47 in Star Wars Galaxies
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-01-2005, 08:09 PM   #1
TheGreenGoblin

HK-47 in Star Wars Galaxies

I know that info on his appearence has been posted before but here's a trailer showing off what his role will be.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8279&type=mov
TheGreenGoblin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2005, 09:54 PM   #2
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Boy, they sure went overboard with him, didn't they?
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 01:10 AM   #3
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
^^^^
I'm going to have to agree!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 01:24 PM   #4
DarkExcalibur42
Rookie

awww.... it's soo sad that they ruined galaxies or i would SO buy the expansion to see that!!!! (HK-47 Fan)

The new combat system is.... nevermind if i get started i'll never stop on all they did to hurt the poor game....

Sincerely Signed,
The Infamous Captain Jaykke Starhawk --->

---created the word "twookie" @ 11-03-2005, 09:52 PM---
Now everyone knows who to blame
DarkExcalibur42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2005, 02:33 PM   #5
The_Maker
Veteran

Angry

Man thats just disgusting...
I bet next we will see T3 in a rebel alliance x-wing

Edit: After watching the full trailer, I must say they did a terrible job at modeling him, the storyline sounds cheesy as heck, and it more or less seems like TSL meets Episode III meets Galaxies

Congratulations Lucas, you ruined a perfectly good character...

The_Maker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2005, 02:41 PM   #6
DarkExcalibur42
Rookie

I'll admit it was a bit ridiculous that this specific droid lasted 1,000 years...
But, *shrug*, he's still HK and he still calls people meatbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Maker
I bet next we will see T3 in a rebel alliance x-wing
Nah... my money's on one of Zaalbar's descendants or Bacca's blade (that sword Zaalbar gets from his father). THAT would be bad...

Sincerely Signed,

Old 11-05-2005, 03:51 PM   #7
Tanesh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkExcalibur42
I'll admit it was a bit ridiculous that this specific droid lasted 1,000 years...
It's even worse, he lasted 4,000 years, not only 1,000.

Tanesh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2005, 09:41 PM   #8
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
*barfs

Desecration I say. The model looks horrible and the idea of fighting HK-47 is heresy. One cannot fight him, should not fight him. He's too cool to "die" in that Jedi fest.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2005, 12:23 AM   #9
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
You have to fight and kill HK-47?!?!? Noooooooooo.....

That would be so stupid. I didn't think that the model was that bad, although it wasn't good. Is there anything anywhere that talks about specifically HK and the rest of what you will have to do on Mustafar?
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2005, 03:18 AM   #10
DarkExcalibur42
Rookie

wait... you're required to KILL HIM??? Well F*** that! As if you could anyway...

Sincerely Signed,

Old 11-06-2005, 04:12 AM   #11
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
That is the lamest thing I have seen in a long time, Its right up there with the rumors of the entire star wars series being redone in 3d(with the cheesy glasses). Its just sad and abit disgusting that they can't even come up with an original idea, and wtf is up with the ghostly obi wan wielding a lightsaber, I mean he is dead after all.

Seeing crap like this just makes me sick. Stunts like this make me beggin to dislike Star Wars and I have been a fan since I was like 4 or 5.

It does make me wonder if it is an official trailer or just a joke that some fans created.

LOL, I don't even know why I'm so upset I have never played Galaxies and I never will, but I'm still in disbelief that this is an official trailer, it seems more like something a fan would come up with. I mean you can come up with any BS you want about how a droid could survive 4000 years, but I'm not gonna buy it. I mean 3po and R2 seems like a stretch to me, but a 4000 year old droid, come on thats just sad. Even if he was newly built from HK-47 schematics I still wouldn't buy it, wouldn't he be abit antiquated.

Even give the slow speed of technology in the SW universe, its just to much to swallow.

So to end. " Shame, shame Lucas Arts!".
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2005, 08:02 AM   #12
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkExcalibur42
I'll admit it was a bit ridiculous that this specific
Nah... my money's on one of Zaalbar's descendants or Bacca's blade (that sword Zaalbar gets from his father). THAT would be bad...
One of Zaalbar's decendants would be Chewbacca, they come from the same village and Chewie's dad was chief.

That aside this really does suck and it doesn't sound like HK at all. Its a shame really because if this plot was a little different it might have made me buy Galaxies.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2005, 08:08 AM   #13
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
T7 FTW!

Yeah, this is one of the dumbest things Galaxies has done yet. I'm curious to know what their reason for him being in the game is, but not curious enough to try to find out

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2005, 12:54 PM   #14
The_Maker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T7nowhere
That is the lamest thing I have seen in a long time, Its right up there with the rumors of the entire star wars series being redone in 3d(with the cheesy glasses). Its just sad and abit disgusting that they can't even come up with an original idea, and wtf is up with the ghostly obi wan wielding a lightsaber, I mean he is dead after all.

Seeing crap like this just makes me sick. Stunts like this make me beggin to dislike Star Wars and I have been a fan since I was like 4 or 5.

It does make me wonder if it is an official trailer or just a joke that some fans created.

LOL, I don't even know why I'm so upset I have never played Galaxies and I never will, but I'm still in disbelief that this is an official trailer, it seems more like something a fan would come up with. I mean you can come up with any BS you want about how a droid could survive 4000 years, but I'm not gonna buy it. I mean 3po and R2 seems like a stretch to me, but a 4000 year old droid, come on thats just sad. Even if he was newly built from HK-47 schematics I still wouldn't buy it, wouldn't he be abit antiquated.

Even give the slow speed of technology in the SW universe, its just to much to swallow.

So to end. " Shame, shame Lucas Arts!".
I'm with T7, on this one. If you are going to f*** up a character do it correctly dangit!

Anyhow, if I keep posting in this thread I am going to implode(sp?) from anger and freaked-out-ness.

The_Maker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2005, 01:29 PM   #15
DarkExcalibur42
Rookie

well... killing people is the same no matter what year it is... so if he's good at it 4000 years ago, he can handle it today too... *shrug*

Sincerely Signed,

Old 11-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #16
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Me, I don't have a problem being in the game or with his appearence, actually. Just the fact that it looks like you have to fight him, and that he has this humongous army with him. The Obi-Wan thing I don't really care about, the rest of it looks ok. Maybe it is just me, but the only thing I have a problem with is fighting and maybe killing HK. The rest about HK, it isn't that great, but I don't have that big of a problem with it.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #17
TheGreenGoblin

^^

My biggest beef is that creating an army is totally against HK's style. I mean you have to totally not understand anything about him as a character to make that kind of a goof-up.
TheGreenGoblin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2005, 06:05 PM   #18
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
You know that because of this trailer, I had a dream where my friend and I were on Mustafar trying to rescue his girlfriend from HK-47. We eventually saved the girl, destroyed HK-47 and returned to Coruscant on the Ebon Hawk II.

Last edited by Alkonium; 11-07-2005 at 07:56 PM.
Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #19
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Goblin

Well I have to say that I am... surprised to say the least. And the expansion has some pretty... 'interesting' features.

For instance, the thing of a ghost wielding a laser flash light was... pretty good. The Droid leader looked like those... ancient, BUT GOOD, nevertheless, 3D game character models as far as 3D game character models go ( Example ). And those Imperial soldiers from Episode 3 were in fact a nice touch to all that... wierdness and not so 'ordinary' combat that HASN'T been seen; to make a nice little cake to all this 'mess'.

The game is excellent, maybe I'll play it someday... Perhaps when droids like that Droid Leader model start running around and collapsing on our tables, making us pay a lot of money; in the end not being able to buy Galaxies, because it's to expensive, since it's a thing that belong on the junk pile. But, I meant a BEAUTIFUL JUNK PI...

Oh, just forget it.[/Developers excuse]

Vladimir-Vlada: He can't even promote himself. Nice work with Galaxies

Last edited by Vladimir-Vlada; 11-09-2005 at 11:52 AM.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2006, 03:50 PM   #20
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

i'm hoping either this game isn't part of star wars official cannon timeline, or thats a different HK-47...
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #21
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Just seen the trailer and... well... what can I say... I was left speechless by the stupidity of the trailer.
Obi-Wan's ghost with a lightsaber, yeah, that'll happen and HK-47, oh, come on, if the idea was to make something extremely stupid then it was a success, otherwise the developers of that game should really reconsider about bringing in HK-47, or the deadly-lightsaber-wielding-ghost of Obi-Wan.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2006, 11:51 AM   #22
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast

If Galaxies became canon, id strip naked and dance on the town hall steps. I quit galaxies because i didnt want it to ruin a perfectly good game like kotor by putting all that kotor content into it like the ship and HK.

Waking up.
HerbieZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2006, 05:25 AM   #23
igyman
Tension!

I don't think it'll be part of the SW cannon, I just checked the SW official site databanks section, characters subsection and even TSL and its characters aren't a part of the cannon unlike KoTOR 1 which is a part of the cannon.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #24
zadi
Rookie

I saw the trailer and now I'm contemplating but the games in order to see HK-47. It seems weird that HK would survive 4,000+ years; obviously he's become sentient by then since his creator is long dead.

"Droids develop unusual quirks" - in regards to not being wiped regularly.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/hk47/

Last edited by zadi; 02-23-2006 at 01:09 PM.
zadi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #25
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenGoblin
My biggest beef is that creating an army is totally against HK's style. I mean you have to totally not understand anything about him as a character to make that kind of a goof-up.
I'd have to agree with you on that. HK while he likes to blast a few meatbags he still has protocol functions and what can I say, it's just not his character. I've heard a lot about Galaxies and I was contemplating on adding it to my collection. Now I'm not sure. HK doesn't even look like himself; he looks, bubbly. I'm just peeved.
*Leaves to go hack at a training droid with lightsaber*

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2006, 05:01 PM   #26
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, I mean, it won't be strange HK is only keeping the "looks" of his body... and killing him makes little sense at all... even if you can just say "eaload" and spawn another body for him.

All in all, an army of HK series is not a good thing.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #27
Meatbag
Rookie

The story of the whole thing... there is a crashed Republic command frigate, Harbinger/Endar Spire style, with a computer in which HK-47's AI is stuck in. CIS techs found the ship and prepped a factory for HK production, but the Vader came and got rid of the CIS leaders. HK tries to destroy Mustafar itself. And there is a wide array of different droids, some very weird. And defeating HK is the only way to get a YT-2400, and a HK-47 hologram, which has "Meatbag" written on the bottom according to the description. Meh.
Meatbag is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2006, 11:52 PM   #28
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
I can venture to guess that you have played it? Still that sounds rather farfetched as far as HK-47 is concerned. Maybe it's just because I like HK and his comical nature when he uses killing metaphors and phrases.

Old 02-27-2006, 02:09 AM   #29
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
May the computers of those foul developers crash every minute, may their graphics cards overheat, may viruses ravage their system files, may their resolutions be 1x1, and may glitches prevent them from ever getting the Dark Side ending in KotOR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2006, 08:18 AM   #30
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
May the computers of those foul developers crash every minute, may their graphics cards overheat, may viruses ravage their system files, may their resolutions be 1x1, and may glitches prevent them from ever getting the Dark Side ending in KotOR!
Quoted for emphasis.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:21 PM   #31
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Ah such words and thoughts lead to the darkside. Be mindful, your words betray you. Has it occurred to anyone that it was just a gimmick to drawconnections between the past and the future?

Old 02-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #32
Jackel

Sounds more like an attempt to get Kotor fans to buy Galaxies and earn more money.
Jackel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 01:14 AM   #33
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackel
Sounds more like an attempt to get Kotor fans to buy Galaxies and earn more money.
Yeah, well we aren't falling for it!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 01:24 AM   #34
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
Ah such words and thoughts lead to the darkside.
Nothing wrong with that.

This is just a pathetic attempt to make KotOR fans buy galaxies and pay hundreds of dollars each. I could make better use of my money by flushing it down the toilet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #35
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

^^^
But then you would have no more money if you fushed it down the toilet. You're then in a no/win situation, a senario that I detest because I don't like to lose. I've never played galaxies and from the looks of everyone's comments, it looks like people say it sucks. All I can say is when I saw HK I said, "Oh my a bubble butt!" since he looked bubbly, not like how I see him in KOTOR.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #36
gm3636
Lurker

[QUOTE=BattleDog;1927338]One of Zaalbar's decendants would be Chewbacca, they come from the same village and Chewie's dad was chief.

Not only that but Chewbacca is named ChewBACCA so he's basically named after Bacca's blade or vice versa which I've always found kind of cheesy
gm3636 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #37
Isaac Clarke

You must have used some mighty strong defibs to revive a thread this old.
Isaac Clarke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > HK-47 in Star Wars Galaxies