lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Wants to punch tsl patcher in the face lol
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Apoc Nizmith
Rookie

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Question Wants to punch tsl patcher in the face lol

Ok I have followed the tuts and for some reason tslpatcher is installing my new tune 2x times why would it do that? And it is erasing all other installed pc player mods when it does it. Quick fix or pain in the neck?

"My apprentice pushed me down a 362 meter shaft directly into the heart of the death star..." Darth Sidious's response as to why he left politics...
Apoc Nizmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Could you post your changes file? (you can open it in notepad and copy + paste it here)

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
Apoc Nizmith
Rookie

There is the entire file, haven't added player pics yet but I am doing that later, gotta make dinner be back in a few
Show spoiler

it works but installs 2 copies of the twi'lek in game, and also seams to over ride all other pc mods. I reinstalled (well backed up first) all the others and there is still 2 copys of the same twilek selectable and all the others are there.

"My apprentice pushed me down a 362 meter shaft directly into the heart of the death star..." Darth Sidious's response as to why he left politics...
Old 06-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Well, the override is easy, see the last part, it's all set to 'replace'... which does that.

No clue on the other...
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
Apoc Nizmith
Rookie

LOL I am a flippin' tard I had the edited 2das in the file for installer. So instead of editing once it was making copys of the same lines in it so hence the 2 copies lol. NVRM I am a banta's butt lol my bad ty anyway for the help guys

Last edited by Apoc Nizmith; 06-20-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc Nizmith View Post
LOL I am a flippin' tard I had the edited 2das in the file for installer. So instead of editing once it was making copys of the same lines in it so hence the 2 copies lol. NVRM I am a banta's butt lol my bad ty anyway for the help guys
Ha no worries, so you got it all figured out, then?

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #7
Apoc Nizmith
Rookie

Yeah I got it, and as near as I can tell it HATES RedRobs41's bare bones alien race (beta) mod. Freaks it out? Must have something to do with the heads he used in the model switch with switcher thing I dl'd but then went uh not yet ty. SO REDROB41 WORD HOMES WE NEED TO HAVE SOME WORDS LOL... JK, but hit me up leaving message on your wall guy we need to fix the compatibility issues, I used twilek_f02 as my base model. Hit me up so we can fix that I hate loosing my yoda, I LOVE YODA! Just saying.
N Max thanks for the help anyway man

Old 06-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #8
Darth DeadMan
Rookie

Current Game: StarCraft II
Quote:
[install_folder0]
Replace0=appearance.2da
Replace1=heads.2da

Replace2=twilek_f15d3.tga
Replace3=twilek_f15d2.tga
Replace4=twilek_f15d1.tga
Replace5=twilek_f15d.tga
Replace6=twilek_f15.tga
Replace7=twilek_f15.mdx
Replace8=portraits.2da
Replace9=twilek_f15.mdl
Replace10=PFBTLD01.tga
Replace11=PFBTLA01.tga
If you are editing *.2da file via patcher you SHOULD NOT MENTION IT IN [install_folder] section at all.
Also, in 'tslpatchdata' folder you should put ORIGINAL, not modified 2da's. If you put your modified file it may cause problems for people, who don't already have that 2da in their override.

TSLPather works this way: it looks for required 2da in Override. If file found - it applies changes you listed in 2da section. If not - it copies file from tslpatchdata folder to the override, then applies changes to it. So, if you put modified file to tslpatchdata you may get duplicate entries in them or some other bad things (if your file is made with lots of mods).
After all 2da/gff/other things are patched, patcher will copy files listed in [install_folder] section.

Stay metal, live forever, never die!

My mods @ DeadlyStream
Darth DeadMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Wants to punch tsl patcher in the face lol