lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Problems with getting rid of unwanted mesh
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

Problems with getting rid of unwanted mesh

I'm trying to remove the hairalpha object from Luxa's head. The first thing I tried was unticking render on the object. I then exported the model, and recompiled it with Taina's replacer tool. Ingame, the head looked like it always does. Next, I tried scaling the object down, and hiding inside the head. After exporting and recompiling the head again, it still looked like Luxa's head.

What did I do wrong? Also, is there a better way to get rid of mesh that I don't want?

Last edited by Giant Graffiti; 10-31-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
What tool are you using? Taina's replacer? If so, Taina's Replacer only is capable of replacing vertex coordinates for a mesh. It will not touch anything else such as whether or not it will render or have shadows...

That being the case, instead of scaling the hair dangly mesh, you'd have to go into the Editable Mesh layer and scale it down that way.

Otherwise you'd be looking at compiling your head with mdlops, which there should be a tutorial (and a program) to make that easier.

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

Sorry for the late reply (midterms), but I did what you said and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much!

Show spoiler

Now all I have to do is hexedit it and fix the texture.
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Problems with getting rid of unwanted mesh