lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mod robe model file conflict help
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
Col_Zechs
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars the Old Republic
Mod robe model file conflict help

I have Ultimate Appearance Mod Installed along with Dak's Armored Robes, Jal Shey-Seizon Sha Reskin, and Movie Style Jedi Master Robes together. I have to remove certain Model files to get Dak's Armored Robes to work and show up correctly in game. I also have to remove certain model files for the Jal Shey-Seizon Sha Reskin. But once I remove them certain robes don't show up correctly anymore I think from the Ultimate Appearance Mod and the Movie Style Jedi Master Robes. Can someone help me get them all working together please? Tell me how to get it set up so it doesn't conflict and what I have to rename?

Col_Zechs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Pretty sure I talk about this in the ReadMe: since KotOR has a limited number of model slots, you can't have every model from all three mods.

Unfortunately as far as I know you have to choose which ones you like best. Let me know how it goes/if you figure anything out though.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Col_Zechs
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars the Old Republic
Oh I thought there was some way you can rename them to get them all to work together.

Col_Zechs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Ehh, there are four robe slots in KotOR 2. The Jedi Robe, the Master Robe, the Jal Shey robe, and the unused Revan robe (I, N, M, and J class robes respectively). You would have to edit the UTI files of the robes and also the texture, model, and icon files to fit in the slot of your choice (meaning you can have four robe models installed at a time). So, it's doable, but its kind of complicated.

If you're interested in doing this, I can help you.

Last edited by 90SK; 10-28-2012 at 11:16 PM.
90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
SimonKTemplar
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
I hate to hijack this thread, but when we're already at robe models, is it possible to change the model in the uti file without having to change the base item type? I tried changing the body variation and saving the new .uti file, but the item appears the same (for instance I tried to change g_i_clas5001's body variation from 5 to 6, and it still looks like body variation 5 even when i save the uti). I've tried to do this in k1 and tsl, no success.

I'm more of a '3d fabricator' than a '3d modeller', meaning I prefer to construct things from reference, blueprints or schematics rather than to design stuff of my own.
SimonKTemplar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
Darth DeadMan
Rookie

Current Game: StarCraft II
Quote:
I hate to hijack this thread, but when we're already at robe models, is it possible to change the model in the uti file without having to change the base item type? I tried changing the body variation and saving the new .uti file, but the item appears the same (for instance I tried to change g_i_clas5001's body variation from 5 to 6, and it still looks like body variation 5 even when i save the uti). I've tried to do this in k1 and tsl, no success.
No, the model slot is determined by baseitem and nothing else.

Stay metal, live forever, never die!

My mods @ DeadlyStream
Darth DeadMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
SimonKTemplar
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth DeadMan View Post
No, the model slot is determined by baseitem and nothing else.
Dang.

I'm more of a '3d fabricator' than a '3d modeller', meaning I prefer to construct things from reference, blueprints or schematics rather than to design stuff of my own.
SimonKTemplar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Mod robe model file conflict help