lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Knights of the Old Republic III : The Jedi Masters 2.0 (beta)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-08-2014, 12:03 AM   #121
annaanimus
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
^Not sure how to respond to that post. It seems to be disrespectful in nature but hidden behind the fact you are linking to a post of you "friend" playing it.
It shows him playing the entire game, I'm simply stating that the game bugged out so much that he started getting so frustrated as to put up stuff like that. He had over an hour of game time where it was completely bugged.
annaanimus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #122
Christos K
Veteran

I wish your friend and yourself the best of luck in your spelling classes. I know four letter words are quite difficult but I'm sure you'll get there eventually. b - e - t - a. And no not the fish

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2014, 01:31 AM   #123
annaanimus
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
I wish your friend and yourself the best of luck in your spelling classes. I know four letter words are quite difficult but I'm sure you'll get there eventually. b - e - t - a. And no not the fish
It's really **** for a beta, everything about it is ****. The storyline is a ****ing atrocity. D'arth Syyth? Jesus.

And Trex said it would have a final release real soon, but okay.
annaanimus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2014, 03:18 AM   #124
L0ki194
Rookie

Current Game: A Bunch of Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by annaanimus View Post
It's really **** for a beta, everything about it is ****. The storyline is a ****ing atrocity. D'arth Syyth? Jesus.

And Trex said it would have a final release real soon, but okay.
If you and your friend don't like it then just go and whine to each other, not here. And so what if it's buggy? It's a Mod, and Mods can get buggy. Deal with it. Don't come here and waste your time complaining about it.
L0ki194 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #125
Phildevil

That's why there are beta, to find bugs and correct them and in this case, I was under the impression the story would change too. I personally don't have a lot of interest in this particular project, but I think if you try-it and do not like-it, either you try and be constructive about how it could be changed, or you stop using-it and uninstall-it. No need to bash on a project like you do.
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #126
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Your vote of "no confidence" has been submitted. You can move along now.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #127
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo: Master Chief Collection
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
As a beta tester, I have to point out that this is leaps and bounds better than the original mod. Does it have flaws? Yes. Does that stop it from being a good mod? Nope. It's quite fun to play. You need to realize that projects such as story conversions require a lot of work and effort to complete.

Oh, and it's a beta.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #128
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
If you have constructive criticism submit it, but quit the non-constructive criticism.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #129
Gavaroc Fevinor
Rookie

Oh my my my, I missed the moron parade? Shame.

Nonetheless, for a work created by one man in his spare time for no profit, I should think this is pretty darn amazing.

My kudos to the rest of the new voice cast, by the way. Proud to be among them.
Gavaroc Fevinor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2014, 04:09 AM   #130
Col_Zechs
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars the Old Republic
Is there any way to change the exile in the Jedi Masters 2.0 Beta Mod from female to male?

Col_Zechs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2014, 05:21 AM   #131
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Zechs View Post
Is there any way to change the exile in the Jedi Masters 2.0 Beta Mod from female to male?
The only thing Trex is waiting for his final version are lines from one person then he's releasing it. Just imagine the effort it would take to create all new dialogue for all the characters that refer to the Exile. Then after you imagine that, just think about how difficult it would be to get all the folks that originally voiced those lines to record new ones.

Trex - and I freely admit that I'm guessing here - probably wanted to make the use the Exile's canon gender. [Note that I didn't say "cannon" because in this instance, that would wrong. So many people seem to misuse the word on Star Wars forums. But I digress. . .] If that's the case, the Exile being set as female is intentional.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!

Last edited by Sith Holocron; 11-12-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:18 AM   #132
visualmnm
Lurker

Can someone please help me with my problem? I checked the forums and I didn't see it once, and the startup seemed fine.
visualmnm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #133
Darth Rampasan
Lurker

Current Game: Kotor Always
So I have played through most of the mod now and I have to say that I love the storyline. This is what I wanted from a new game after I finished kotor 2. However I seem to have gotten stuck on the part of the game where I need to collect Atton as a jedi master. When I approach him he talks to me as if I am the normal exile from kotor 2 and just wants to play pazaak. Im not sure if I have done something incorrectly ingame or if this is a bug. Someone please let me know if this is an error on my end. Also another thing I noticed is that the iridonian commander when you first enter their base on Janaxks says the dialogue of a republic soldier on Courusant. I loaded an earlier save and replayed to check if the issue happened again and it did indeed.

So far this is an amazing mod and I appreciate all the effort put into its production. Keep up the good work!

PS. I saw in a thread from a while ago that voice actors are needed. As that was awhile ago Im not sure if that is the case but if you need a male voice for something PM and I could do that!
Darth Rampasan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #134
Mawrak
Lurker

I think I have found a game breaking bug. For some reason Vima Sunrider is not on Aid station. She is just nowhere to be found. So cannot complete the quest. Darth Vimack acts weird, on aid station she refuses to follow the player as companions should. Also sometimes when I enter my ship she doublicates herself inside the cell or nearby it. So now I have a bunch of Vimack's clones. They all talk the same lines as the original one.
Is there a way to somehow cheat and auto-complete this quest, or maybe to spawn Vima so I will be able to talk to her? I really like this mod, I am enjoying it, and I dont want to replay it from the old save (It is very old, I did a lot of things after I checked Aid station for the first time. I just thought that I just dont understand what I need to do to find Vima, so I decided to do this quest the last one). If not, is there theoreticly a way to use Kotor Tool to fix it (for example to place Vima somewhere).
Mawrak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #135
Col_Zechs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
The only thing Trex is waiting for his final version are lines from one person then he's releasing it. Just imagine the effort it would take to create all new dialogue for all the characters that refer to the Exile. Then after you imagine that, just think about how difficult it would be to get all the folks that originally voiced those lines to record new ones.

Trex - and I freely admit that I'm guessing here - probably wanted to make the use the Exile's canon gender. [Note that I didn't say "cannon" because in this instance, that would wrong. So many people seem to misuse the word on Star Wars forums. But I digress. . .] If that's the case, the Exile being set as female is intentional.
Well can you keep it in mind and possibly add a male option for the Exile please? I never take control of female NPC's in games. It just isn't proper. I liked the Exile being male in Kotor 2 and it would have been better if he was given a voice and not just dialogue lines.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:18 AM   #136
NinkoKotOR
Lurker

Current Game: The Jedi Masters 2.0 Beta
Not sure whether it is a bug or something else.

I downloaded both of the zipped files and installed them, but while playing the game barely any of the voices show up, just the dialog. Now I don't know if there is supposed to be voices for them all or if I downloaded the wrong thing.. Anyone know what to do here?

Edit: I have fixed the problem! Thanks anyway!

Last edited by NinkoKotOR; 09-07-2014 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Fixed the problem!
NinkoKotOR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #137
Sith Holocron
M4-78

I have a weird question. Why does the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic look like he needs a shave? Someone get him his stylist, stat!

Old 09-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #138
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
Quote:
Well can you keep it in mind and possibly add a male option for the Exile please? I never take control of female NPC's in games. It just isn't proper. I liked the Exile being male in Kotor 2 and it would have been better if he was given a voice and not just dialogue lines.
I already asked him about changing the Jedi Exile to her canon name, but he said it would take redoing several lines of Dialogue. What you want to do, is for him to re-dub ALL of the lines with a male and create a new character on top of that. No doubt, he's not willing to do anything that would push this great mod back even further. Unless it's bug related.

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #139
Super Saiyan 4 Revan
Rookie

Current Game: The Sith Lords
Quote:
There's always Revenge of Revan if you want the Exile to be a male, this would be the true Canon version if Kotor had continued.
Super Saiyan 4 Revan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #140
JHawk99
Lurker

Well, I seem to have encountered a potentially game breaking glitch on Rhen Var. After completing my Jedi training with Ulic and returning to the G-Wing the cutscene for leaving The Eagle plays and after that the screen will go black leaving me stuck on the planet.
JHawk99 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #141
bobcat224
Lurker

Question Crashes at/after first cutscene

I know this is likely a problem on my end, and I apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but after the rolling yellow text (in all star wars things) and the first cutscene that starts out with....red stuff I think, it crashes. I say red stuff because I see what looks like red lightning and the game crashes after that.
bobcat224 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2014, 05:36 AM   #142
Mikaelo83
Lurker

Hello.

I played the game last year (in May). When I was at the HK-47 Factory, I don't know if it is a bug or what, but I can't complete the mission. I don't remember it very well, sorry, but I think it was something like destroy some robots that have a sequence. When I speak with HK-47 he dissapears. It is a bug or what, because I don't know how can I pass the level.

I'm Spanish so I don't understand very well the lines. It is posibble to translate the lines into Spanish? I know it is a hard work, but a lot of foreign fans like me would love it =)

Last question: when will the final version be released?

Thank you.
Mikaelo83 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #143
duffman4892
Lurker

I read on the website for this mod to post any problems I have here. I'm stuck on the market section of Etti iv and at the part where the Ebon Hawk is under attack. Here's the problem. I can't transit anywhere. I can't go to the docking area or anywhere. The icon to transit anywhere doesn't even come up. Am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to do something in the market in the market area? Please help
duffman4892 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #144
DaggerDX
Lurker

I just found this mod and am really looking forward to playing it through.
DaggerDX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #145
Col_Zechs
Rookie

Has there been any recent updates?

Old 12-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #146
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Expect news by the end of the year.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:45 AM   #147
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
The final version of this mod is nearly ready to roll.

I basically just need to put everything together in zip files and exes, then redo the website with the new files.

I'm hoping to release it on Friday (December 19th), so you'll all have it to play over Christmas if you so wish.

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC : THE JEDI MASTERS
PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Trex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2014, 07:58 AM   #148
Sith Holocron
M4-78

That's some very good news! Will you be redoing the walk through on your site as well?

Old 12-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #149
Gavaroc Fevinor
Rookie

You know, I came very close to irresponsibly and unprofessionally spoiling this news myself, so I'm glad to see you posted about it. :P I look forward to it too ^_^
Old 12-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #150
Sith Holocron
M4-78

I took care of the unprofessionalism for you, Gav! LOL

Old 12-14-2014, 04:58 AM   #151
Gavaroc Fevinor
Rookie

On a side note, its not related to the mod or my role at all, but maybe you guys might be interested - I wrote and recorded a Star Wars song parody of Greased Lightnin' and I'm super proud of it - https://soundcloud.com/gavaroc/force...ightnin-parody
Old 12-16-2014, 03:18 PM   #152
Ormans
Lurker

Can't wait to play the final version! Thank you for this gift !
Ormans is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2014, 04:46 AM   #153
Christos K
Veteran

Well done Trex and to all those to have assisted him in giving us one of the few community developed renditions of KotOR III.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #154
Add Steem
Lurker

Oh mah lawd, that is SO good to hear! Congratulations Trex, fantastic news! I've been waiting for this moment for 4 years, never stopped believing!
Add Steem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2014, 07:56 AM   #155
venator66
Lurker

Hi I'm new here.

I have a very weird bug. I'm on Coruscant with Revan and I'm trying to enter Coruscant Main street. I approach the gate, which appears totally white. And at that very moment the screen turns grey, as if about to display a loading screen, but actually nothing happens. Please help !

I'm using the latest version of the mod.

Merry Christmas to all !
venator66 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2014, 08:58 AM   #156
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by venator66 View Post
Hi I'm new here.

I have a very weird bug. I'm on Coruscant with Revan and I'm trying to enter Coruscant Main street. I approach the gate, which appears totally white. And at that very moment the screen turns grey, as if about to display a loading screen, but actually nothing happens. Please help !

I'm using the latest version of the mod.

Merry Christmas to all !
First of all, are you sure you're playing the latest version. I only ask as you're posting in the Beta thread, rather than the new one. The newest version is this one : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=217709

I think the part your're having trouble with is just an awkward trigger on the ground. If you walk around the area a little, you should load up the module.

Also, for that part of the game I believe you can access the main street another way. If you go up the nearby ramp and enter the slums, you should be able to access main street that way too.

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC : THE JEDI MASTERS
PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Trex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #157
venator66
Lurker

It doesn't work. I tried going through the slums as well, I get the same grey screen. I'm stuck.
venator66 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #158
Super Saiyan 4 Revan
Rookie

Current Game: The Sith Lords
Quote:
Originally Posted by venator66 View Post
It doesn't work. I tried going through the slums as well, I get the same grey screen. I'm stuck.
I had the exact same bug happen, I tried reloading, so now I'm going through a fresh install.
Super Saiyan 4 Revan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #159
Col_Zechs
Rookie

Will the final version be released tomorrow?

Old 12-24-2014, 08:03 PM   #160
Sith Holocron
M4-78

It's available now. Check his site.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Knights of the Old Republic III : The Jedi Masters 2.0 (beta)