lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Missing field in DLGEditor
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Taunger
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR
Question Missing field in DLGEditor

Hi again!

I was just wondering if there is any way to change the zoom (a.k.a field of view) of an animated camera in a dialog? When I open a dialog in Kotor Tool, the nodes have a "Camera Field of View" entry. When I change this entry and export, the dialog is screwed up.
Now, I know I should be using DLGEditor, but that doesn't show any "field of view" field, so I'm pretty much stuck...
Taunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I honestly have no idea about the KotOR tool dialogue editor. Usually with animated camera you'll just have to program the zooming in manually, via the position coordinates.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
Taunger
Rookie

There's a difference between moving towards something (which changes perspective) and zooming (which does not change perspective), so I'd really like to be able to do this. The information seems to be there in the DLG file (and the effect is clearly visible in some cutscenes, for example in the first shot here), so maybe it'd be possible with hex editing. Of course, it would be great if tk102 would add it to the DLGEditor, but that doesn't seem likely...
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
IIRC those dialogue files actually don't use animated cameras. That's just the game engine's default conversation camera moving while attempting to follow Malak.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
Taunger
Rookie

I only meant the first shot of the saluting soldier. But, you're right. I forgot I was talking about animated cameras for a minute, heh. I think it's possible to change the field of view of a placeable camera through the GIT file, but that doesn't work for animated cameras. I'm trying to make custom animated cameras using AniCam and I think in that case it takes the field of view from the DLG. Alas, there seems to be no way to change that.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
Taunger
Rookie

I did a couple of tests and I noticed something that appeared very strange at first, but makes sense:

if you give an animated camera to a node in a DLG file that:

has no "Camera Field of View" entry as visible in Kotor Tool's Conversation Editor,
AND
the previous node uses a placeable camera,

then the animated camera adopts the angle of view of the placeable camera (that was used in the previous node).

It's a very hacky way of setting a view angle and I don't know if this will ever be useful to anyone, but, just in case, I'm putting it out there.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Missing field in DLGEditor