lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: TSLRCM and M4-78 mods help needed
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Sith Sizzle
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR on PC
Question TSLRCM and M4-78 mods help needed

I don't usually mod games (except Minecraft), but I would like to restore all cut content to TSL on PC so that I can play the game the way it was truly intended to be played. I know that there are many tutorials and info about modding on this forum, but unfortunately I am a complete noob! I have zero clue about what tools I need or where mods go, and I don't want to install unnecessary things or screw up my game. If you explain things to me please explain them as if I didn't know a single thing about modding, which I don't! I use WinRAR to mod Minecraft, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter for this game. If you could guide me through installing two mods it would be greatly appreciated. Here is some info:

My TSL game is the original game for PC with 4 discs and the game version is: 2.10.427 English.

I'm installing the mods from here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-l...ent-mod-tslrcm

These are the mods:
"The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) 1.8.2"
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-l...oads/tslrcm-18

"M4-78 Enhancement Project"
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-l...cement-project

If there are any other compatible mods that add cut content that isn't included in these mods please list them and tell me how to add those as well. In the future if the mods update I will need instructions on how to remove the previous version mods so that I can install the new versions so please explain to me how to do that as well. If you are able to help me I will be so thankful!
Sith Sizzle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Welcome to Holowan!

For TSLRCM and M4-78EP, I'd just read the ReadMes that should have been included with their respective downloads and then install them as per their instructions. Those ReadMes should also have instructions for uninstallation. If I remember correctly both mods install using an installation process similar to that of the game itself, so if you can't find the ReadMes just run the .EXE's and go from there.

As for other mods that restore content... I can't really think of anything that TSLRCM doesn't restore, barring M4-78. But M4-78EP covers that.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Sith Sizzle
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR on PC
Oh wow I had no idea it was as easy an installing a game was. I wouldn't have asked if I knew it was that simple, I just didn't want to mess anything up. Thank you!
Sith Sizzle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > TSLRCM and M4-78 mods help needed