lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Improved Bastila Head
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #41
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Could you theoretically do this with a head model made from scratch?

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #42
Darth_Tempust
Rookie

Yeah, I can make anything for KOTOR character-wise. I just don't like to make new models from scratch in old games such as this due to the low tech of the engine. Sadly, it wouldn't really show off all the details in my sculpts to my liking after it's been baked down into the diffuse.

The head model was compiled completely in MDLOps, with also using the headfixer tool.
Darth_Tempust is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #43
JuniorModder

This is really fantastic! You should consider revising the heads of other characters.

~JM
JuniorModder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #44
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Tempust View Post
Yeah, I can make anything for KOTOR character-wise. I just don't like to make new models from scratch in old games such as this due to the low tech of the engine. Sadly, it wouldn't really show off all the details in my sculpts to my liking after it's been baked down into the diffuse.
Do you just mean that it would be lower-detail since we can't use normal mapping? You could always just try to stick the high poly version in-game and see how it performs.

Anyway, I was just wondering. Nice work here!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #45
Darth_Tempust
Rookie

Lower detail in both model and texture. Somehow I think the game would die horribly if I did that lol. The game looks to have no LODs for anything..
Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #46
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Might be worth a shot.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 AM   #47
Darth_Tempust
Rookie

I'll have a play at upping the quality of the head. Does anyone know if there's a way to show FPS for KOTOR so I can monitor it?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #48
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Just play and see if it lags haha.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #49
Darth_Tempust
Rookie

Doesn't really help me since I get like 200+ fps.

Anyhow I found I can just use Fraps to see fps in games.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #50
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Great work!

The only thing that has kept me from downloading Bastila facial reskins over the years is the fact that we see her face in several prerendered FMVs, which would be inconsistent, in my mind. I wish someone could reconstruct those FMVs with Bastila's new face.

But this is probably the wrong thread to make such a request in. I do love your work, however, and can't wait to see the finished product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #51
Mandalore5
Rookie

Current Game: Empire at War:Thrawn's Revenge
It's likely possible to convert them to in-game scenes (like the TSL Darth Sion entrance), which would then allow you to use the reskin - not that I'm volunteering, as I don't actually know how it's done - I'm just putting the idea out there.

I'm Mandalore, KotOR scripter-for-hire. Some know me, most don't. Here I am either way.
My KotOR1 Restoration Project (not just mine, there's someone else): http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/...storation-k1r/
Mandalore5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #52
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore5 View Post
It's likely possible to convert them to in-game scenes (like the TSL Darth Sion entrance), which would then allow you to use the reskin - not that I'm volunteering, as I don't actually know how it's done - I'm just putting the idea out there.
Several of those BIKs couldn't be made to in-game cutscenes, especially the one where Bastila faces off against Revan. A lot of the movements seen in those cutscenes cannot be replicated with any of the in-game animation.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #53
LORD SPARTAN
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, Skyrim, Dragon Age
I saw some white around the eyelids in some cinematic (DS Ebon Hawk Dodona). The model was in the shadows when I saw it. Then I checked in some more playing the game to see it again in some position of the head or eyes. I couldn't make a decent screenshot of it.

Also I've took the liberty to make a poor concept with photoshop on a very old laptop and no mouse.
Show spoiler

I've tried to make it look more like the box cover, the pigtails are too big. I don't know if it could be done because it's just a pic, but I hope it can help you if you like it.

BEFORE HOPE COMES DARKNESS!!!
LORD SPARTAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Improved Bastila Head