lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotOR Default Lightsaber Texture
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
LORD SPARTAN
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, Skyrim, Dragon Age
KotOR Default Lightsaber Texture

I was looking to make a new skin of the default lightsaber without using a modeling software. But the problem with this is the default texture is the same as the short lightsaber. Now when I made the new texture on the original texture parts, I took it in game and it looks like crap .

Now you gonna say: why try to reskin the actual game saber?
Because I converted this for KotOR.

So now I need the uvmap as a template, just to see what I am supposed to know what I should texture. Then I found this, but there is no way I make this to work for KotOR.

Why? Because the model with the new uvmap is low poly and when I made a test and converted it for KotOR, the saber appeared white.

So now I have to ask for help. Is there any other uvmap reference for the default model?

BEFORE HOPE COMES DARKNESS!!!
LORD SPARTAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
You're wasting your time. The default UVs are completely irredeemable.

DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
LORD SPARTAN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
The default UVs are completely irredeemable.
The term is weak as I can see. Thanks, I guess I will let this go down. As for Seprithro model, I can't find out why it don't work when I convert it from K2 to K1, not that I've tried it at all in TSL.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #4
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't be able to convert Seprithro's remapped model to K1 using the usual approach. If it doesn't work though, you could do it easily enough in GMax. The simplest way to do it without replacing the actual mesh would be to just copy the UV co-ords from Seprithro's mesh to the vanilla K1 mesh. I know you said you didn't want to use modelling software, but that's the best way to address the issue.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
LORD SPARTAN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't be able to convert Seprithro's remapped model to K1 using the usual approach. If it doesn't work though, you could do it easily enough in GMax. The simplest way to do it without replacing the actual mesh would be to just copy the UV co-ords from Seprithro's mesh to the vanilla K1 mesh. I know you said you didn't want to use modelling software, but that's the best way to address the issue.
Well, like I said earlier, I've tried to convert it the usual way and it didn't worked. The model appeared in game, but there is no texture at all on it.

As using Gmax, my problem is more complex than not wanting to use modeling software. My workstation is saturated with AutoCAD, SketchUP and many other software, so now I don't have any disc space at the moment and it will remain that way for at least three months.

But I didn't verified the version of Mdlops, I remember that v6 don't do it for lightsabers.

Edit: Yep, it was v6 so now I converted it with v5 and it works. It's not high poly but it works.

Last edited by LORD SPARTAN; 03-20-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > KotOR Default Lightsaber Texture