lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Some Scripting Questions to Make you cry.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
supreme kotor

Current Game: Modding.. Wait is that a game?
Thumbs down Some Scripting Questions to Make you cry.

Hey all!

Well first things first I am NOT expecting an answer to everyone of these questions that would just be stupid of me.. Now that thats out of the way I also know theres a script shack but I belive this might be a little long and might be more useful to modders here where it might be more organized. Now onto where the questions came from: You can blame Fair Strides 2 (Im kidding don't blame him) for suggesting I look at the nwlexicon. Well I looked at it and I got interested so I started checking out the nwscript.nss and it gave me these questions. Now theres alot but im going to start asking some of them now.

If im right this function will adjust the hit points of followers such as the ones mentioned in this thread right?
Show spoiler

Same thread as linked above, this could set the followers hit points right?
Show spoiler

Same thread as linked above this function should check if you have one of thoose followers by tag right?
Show spoiler

You could use this script to check if you were playing as HK-47 and such right?
Show spoiler

Could you use this script to do something such as: if there are less than 5 enimes left.. do XX (I know it would have to modified quite a bit)
Show spoiler

This would make the player unkillable correct?
Show spoiler

This would check if the player is invincible right? (I know you would have to add return true return false ect...)
[HIDDEN]// 642: SWMG_GetPlayerInvincibility

Easy one This should COMPLETLY clear the journal right?
Show spoiler

And this should only delete one entry? (Could this be modified to delete most recent entry?)
Show spoiler

Will this work on non-force users too? and if soo where would I attatch it?
Show spoiler

Is it really possible to add pics along with journal entries?
Show spoiler

This is how the make Bastilla unselectable on Korriban right?
Show spoiler

What even is this?
Show spoiler

You could use this to force solo mode within a conversation correct? or to force them out of solo mode?
Show spoiler

This should force fake combat during dialog correct?
Show spoiler

You could modify this to make you jump SUPER high while racing correct?
Show spoiler

You could put this on a trigger and it should stop them from proceeding untill stealthed or unstealthed correct? (you would have to add the stop part?)
Show spoiler

You could use this to make it so like X placeable will heal you every X seconds?(Would need to be modified)
Show spoiler

I know in stoffe's tutorial it says not possible for first PC but wouldent something like this work? (With a puppet recruit script of course)
Show spoiler

You could then use this script to add that^ puppet to the first PC right?
Show spoiler

Well thats all for now again I do NOT expect an answer to all of these I also understand some of these may be leftover scripts that do nothing.

Thanks-Supreme Kotor

Current WIP: Learning to mod Kotor
supreme kotor is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Vindikorr
Rookie

Current Game: TOR
The first six, with the prefix SWMG, relate specifically to "Star Wars Mini Games" I think, ie swoop racing, so unless you want them for that purpose I don't think they'll work. However I have never used them so don't hold me to it.

The delete all journal entries one should work, but again I haven't tried it.

The delete a specific entry looks for a string reference in the tlk file, so I don't think it would work with the newest entry without a lot of hacking, if possible at all. To do this simply advance the quest and set the end value to true, so it will go in completed quests.

Setnpcselectability you have correct.

I expect the one after that is left over from neverwinter, as I've never seen it used in game.

SetSoloMode and SetFakeCombatState should work, but I can't say I've ever seen them used before.

Not sure about SetJumpSpeed but I would reckon it will change the speed (and therefore the distance) you can jump rather than the height.

ISStealthed will return true or false, you would have to add this to a conditional script and separately tell the game what you want to happen in each case.

Not sure how you would set it to happen every x seconds as I dont think there's a yield function in the api, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you can work that out then yes sethealtarget should work.

If stoffe says it wont work it wont work Seriously though there's no reason why it shouldn't work but kotor tends not to agree on these things. If at some point you need to define which npc it follows try using -1 as this is the pc in most other cases.

Hope I was of some help.

My WIP: The Liberation of Manaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalbiscuit
Can tell it's been a busy day, 121 Chrome tabs open
28.04428% on the geek test

Bile Beans keep you healthy, bright-eyed and slim
Vindikorr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
supreme kotor

Current Game: Modding.. Wait is that a game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindikorr View Post
If stoffe says it wont work it wont work Seriously though there's no reason why it shouldn't work but kotor tends not to agree on these things. If at some point you need to define which npc it follows try using -1 as this is the pc in most other cases.

Hope I was of some help.
You definitly were help thanks . but the puppet thing is definitly my biggest question im not doubting Stoffe but the way he added puppets in his tutorial was also diffrent then thoose two scripts. I will try to test out getting a puppet for the first pc as soon as I can.

Thanks-Supreme Kotor

Current WIP: Learning to mod Kotor
supreme kotor is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme kotor View Post
You definitly were help thanks . but the puppet thing is definitly my biggest question im not doubting Stoffe but the way he added puppets in his tutorial was also diffrent then thoose two scripts. I will try to test out getting a puppet for the first pc as soon as I can.

Thanks-Supreme Kotor
So, how'd you like the lexicon? + =

I myself, if you checked my custom functions tut, have used a SWMG function to get a target's name, so they can be used outside of games, but one must question should they be.

The sixth one: the argument is a float(i.e: 10.0f), so I would assume that it makes the player invincible for that many seconds...

If you want indefinite invincibility, I'd use the SetMinOneHP function...

All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Some Scripting Questions to Make you cry.