lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A remake of Star Wars The Knights of the old Republic
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-06-2014, 03:47 AM   #1
Miggieboy209
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
A remake of Star Wars The Knights of the old Republic

Star Wars knights of the old republic was an amazing game beginning to the very end. In my opinion I think they should upgrade the game I mean like add better graphics with all of the new technology we have today. I'm just saying why not make a game that was amazing even more amazing what do you guys think about this?
Miggieboy209 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2014, 05:02 AM   #2
Sith Sizzle
Rookie
 
Sith Sizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bolingbrook, IL USA
Posts: 137
Current Game: KotOR on PC
I'm not sure there is a good chance of that happening, but I would definitely like to see that as well. With the recent release of the game on smartphones and tablets after so many years it doesn't seem impossible.


Sith Sizzle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
DuckfromPortal
Rookie
 
DuckfromPortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 155
Current Game: TSL
I think if they did remake it, they would have to build it in a remade engine so that combat and certain other things went better and so people could actually input things into the game without extreme troubles


Quack
DuckfromPortal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2014, 10:18 PM   #4
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,904
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
For some reason game remakes aren't the popular. Movie remakes are more likely to happen which is a shame as there have been so many great games in the past that remaking it could recapture the magic. With KOTOR, you already have all the dialogue files so a lot of work has already been completed.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #5
Miggieboy209
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
Yeah they have all the dialogue so I mean why not just try to make a remake of KOTOR and see what happens from there I'm pretty sure all the people that once played the game would without a doubt go out and buy it simply because they wanna see the new changes made to the game or just to simply play a game that they loved in their childhood
Miggieboy209 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
Josh.Kenway
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2
Hello,
KOTOR is currently being remastered! It will contain restored content, updated graphics, co-op campaign mode, competitive online matches, new mini-games, and more!
This is no joke, for more, go here: http://kotorremaster.webs.com/
Josh.Kenway is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #7
Josh.Kenway
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckfromPortal View Post
I think if they did remake it, they would have to build it in a remade engine so that combat and certain other things went better and so people could actually input things into the game without extreme troubles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
For some reason game remakes aren't the popular. Movie remakes are more likely to happen which is a shame as there have been so many great games in the past that remaking it could recapture the magic. With KOTOR, you already have all the dialogue files so a lot of work has already been completed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Sizzle View Post
I'm not sure there is a good chance of that happening, but I would definitely like to see that as well. With the recent release of the game on smartphones and tablets after so many years it doesn't seem impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggieboy209 View Post
Star Wars knights of the old republic was an amazing game beginning to the very end. In my opinion I think they should upgrade the game I mean like add better graphics with all of the new technology we have today. I'm just saying why not make a game that was amazing even more amazing what do you guys think about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggieboy209 View Post
Yeah they have all the dialogue so I mean why not just try to make a remake of KOTOR and see what happens from there I'm pretty sure all the people that once played the game would without a doubt go out and buy it simply because they wanna see the new changes made to the game or just to simply play a game that they loved in their childhood
Hello,
KOTOR is currently being remastered! It will contain restored content, updated graphics, co-op campaign mode, competitive online matches, new mini-games, and more!
This is no joke, for more, go here: http://kotorremaster.webs.com/
Josh.Kenway is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > A remake of Star Wars The Knights of the old Republic

Tags
kotor, star wars

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.