lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront "Celebration" Mod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-02-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
ggctuk
Rookie

Star Wars Battlefront "Celebration" Mod

Way back when, I created a little mod called "Main Play Mod". As time grew, it evolved, but eventually I discontinued it after burning out. Then last year, I picked up SWBF again and I figured "I can still mod this. But Main Play Mod was a mess, so I'll start over."

On and off since summer last year, I've been working on this mod. It was initially to be called "Expansion" but when EA announced the new game, I figured I'd retitle it "Celebration" - as a tribute to what would be 10 years of Battlefront.

To prevent myself burning out - and to give my mod to you in palatable pieces rather than a megafile all at once, I've decided to do my mod in stages.

STAGE 1:

This version will basically be the baseline for the future versions of the mod. It will only modify the units and existing vehicles of SWBF, without adding new heroes, modes or maps to the game. There will be two versions of the Clones (Ep2 and Ep3), and no custom campaign. Stage 1 is nearly ready for betatesting.

STAGE 2:

This version branches out on Stage 1 by adding legions to the game, introducing new heroes and new modes to the existing maps of Star Wars Battlefront. This will also include Jabba's Palace.

STAGE 3:

This stage is the final stage that adds new maps and vehicles to the game to complete the mod. Most of BF2's maps will appear, and I'm taking suggestions on what other maps might appear in this stage. I definitely want to use Sereja's conversions of BF2 here as well as some of his original work. I'd also like to include Rends' Coruscant maps. Here are suggestions made to me so far:

- Kamino: Nuroica City
- Gogo12/Ginev's Mygeeto and/or Dantooine
- Teancum's Harrun Kal
- Kasyyyk: Wookieeland
- Naboo: Prototype

A 'demo' had previously been released and it was based on that that I made a few changes to the mod as well.

There's no videos or screens as of yet but expect some gameplay footage when the game is ready to enter beta stages.
ggctuk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Modding & Editing > Star Wars Battlefront "Celebration" Mod