lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Extracting Textures
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-09-2000, 06:31 PM   #1
Rieekan

Question Extracting Textures

Hello, I'm new here. Is it possible to extract textures in TPM into editable BMPs?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2000, 05:14 PM   #2
Zanzibar

I'll tell you what I know...which isn't much. I'm not a programmer, and I'm not sure what encryption process the models/levels went through.

Basically, the in-game models were created using the same process as Jedi Knight. We have .3DOs, .MATs and .KEYs just like JK does; we only did a few mods to it. However, instead of having separate files, we compiled all the information into a single file for each model, called a .BAF file. We also included additional information regarding scale, palettes, weapon nodes etc. etc. So, I don't know if any enterprising hackers out there have tried to 'look' at the .BAF files, but if it looks like a .3DO, it probably is

I know that doesn't help any non-hackers out there. The short answer is 'no', the long answer is 'maybe, if you spend a lotta time breaking your User Agreement and hacking into the files.'
Zanzibar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > Episode I: The Phantom Menace > Extracting Textures