lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Hello!? Is anybody here?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-28-2001, 11:46 PM   #1
Bakudo

Post Hello!? Is anybody here?

I check here everyday and it's been a long time since I read a new post. Anyone has something to say? Ok, I'm gonna start something. When is the next Indiana Jones game coming out and what will it be about?

you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2001, 02:30 AM   #2
Boba Rhett

The answer to both is no clue. Did you guys know The Infernal Machine runs on a midified MotS engine? Oh and i'll get obi wan sent out to you soon.

------------------

I calculated the odds that this would work versus the odds that I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.
Old 04-29-2001, 07:17 PM   #3
Bakudo

It's ok for Obi-Wan, thanks. I downloaded it. I find the graphic of the Infernal Machine to be pretty good even though it's from MotS.

Old 04-29-2001, 08:15 PM   #4
Kurgan

Thumbs up

Yeah, the list keeps growing..

Apparently not just JK and MotS use a form of the "Sith" engine, the others include:

Droid Works
Infernal Machine
Force Commander (so I'm told)

Any others to add? ; )

Kurgan
Old 04-29-2001, 08:22 PM   #5
Boba Rhett

I heard that about force commander too. It doesn't seem like it could be true does it.
Old 04-29-2001, 11:37 PM   #6
Bakudo

I mentionned Indy above because it's been so long since LucasArts released a good action/adventure PC game. I think it would the right time for an Indy game. I also heard Bounty Hunter would be on PS2. LucasArts, I want a PC game!!!!!
Old 04-29-2001, 11:43 PM   #7
Boba Rhett

Angry

Bount hunter, on PS2!?!?! NOOOOOOO!!!! So how many years is it now since lucasarts released a great pc game?
Old 04-30-2001, 01:26 AM   #8
Bakudo

I don't care if they wanna make games for console...but as long as they make it for PC as well. LucasArts, pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaase!
Old 04-30-2001, 01:41 AM   #9
Boba Rhett

Unhappy

If they do that they'll most likely just port the game and ported games are notorious for bugs and glitches.
Old 04-30-2001, 11:07 AM   #10
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

You heard that from me about FoCom, and I read that in an interview with a bunch of ex-LEC people. Who started that company that made that Vampire game. The worked a bit at FoCom before they left and chose the Sith/JK engine for this neat RTS game.

------------------
No!
I am your father.
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2001, 04:40 PM   #11
Zanzibar

Force Commmander's developer, Ronin Entertainment, used a proprietary engine built for a previous RTS game of theirs called Armor Command. Here's a few screenshots, showing the eerie similarities with FC:
http://www.pcgr.com/reviews/strategy/moreinfo_426.asp

They sold - get this - around 1500 TOTAL copies of Armor Command. Maybe more by now, but I pity the software shop that devoted ANY shelf space to it.

It came out about the same time as Battlezone, and was annihilated. The packaging for AC was kind of lame, so anyone comparing BZ with AC would generally buy BZ because the packaging was so snazzy. Not to mention that BZ was a fricking GREAT game. I'm playing it AGAIN right now, and if you can go find a copy somewhere, DO IT. Seriously. Don't get BZ2, just get BZ1 and go nuts with it.
Zanzibar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2001, 05:40 PM   #12
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Question

Hmm.. colliding stories. Would those ex-LEC guys be lying? hmmm...

------------------
No!
I am your father.
Old 04-30-2001, 08:54 PM   #13
Zanzibar

No, it might very well be that both stories are true. FoCom went through several iterations before Ronin finally was hired to do the job. As I recall, there were even a few calls to us here at Big Ape about the possibility of using the TPM-Zanzibar tool for it, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Sith engine was given a shot as well. Neither the TPM tool nor the Sith engine does terrain very easily, so that's probably why it finally went to Ronin.
Old 04-30-2001, 10:19 PM   #14
Bakudo

Zanzibar, do you know anything about a next Indy game? It's not that I don't like Star Wars but there's like A LOT of Star Wars games and not so much Indy games. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2001, 10:32 PM   #15
Zanzibar

I have heard nothing of any forthcoming Indy games, but that shouldn't dissuade you from expecting there will be one, probably sooner than you think. LEC just hired a BUNCH of people, and while many of those will be for the upcoming Ep2 games, there's room enough for an Indy game as well....
Old 05-01-2001, 12:35 AM   #16
Bakudo

YIIIIIIIPPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!! Thanks for reassuring me Zanzibar. By the way, after the wave of Episode 2 games, is LucasArts planning something for Big Ape? Thanks.
Old 05-01-2001, 07:47 AM   #17
Dave Maul

Wink

'The TPM-Zanzibar Tool'? Kinda modest, aren't we Ray?

------------------
Old 05-01-2001, 09:00 AM   #18
Redwing

Well, I haven't been around for a couple days, sorry...

NO MORE CONSOLE GAMES! Come ON, LucasArts, what's up with that? PC games have so much more possibilities (and last a whole lot longer)...

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
Old 05-01-2001, 04:46 PM   #19
Zanzibar

Modest? Moi?

Well, in truth, the TPM project was code-named Zanzibar. When they asked us to come up with a code name, well, y'know, I sorta suggested it...I just liked the sound of it, I've been using Zanzibar as a 'handle' for several years now.

Bakudo, it looks as though LEC is going to go with bigger developers for their outsourcing. Verant is working on Galaxies etc, after Force Commander and even TPM, LEC felt they got burned.

Old 05-01-2001, 08:16 PM   #20
Bakudo

What about a Monkey Island action/adventure game? That would rock and IF LEC would release it on PC, it would double rock!

Zanzibar, I know you guys just finished working on Simpsons Wrestling so can you tell us what is your next project if you have any?

Old 05-01-2001, 09:33 PM   #21
Zanzibar

I like the Monkey Island series, but I doubt that they will shift the genre from strictly adventure, just because there's no real cross-genre name recognition.

Big Ape does indeed have a new project going, for the PS2. I can't talk about it really, but it is a licensed product based on a certain cable music channel property Apart from that, I'll say nothing more on it.
Old 05-01-2001, 11:09 PM   #22
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Wink

PS2 AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Oh wait, I hate MTV, so no problem there .
HEEHEE. Lucky me.

------------------
No!
I am your father.
Old 05-02-2001, 12:05 AM   #23
Bakudo

PS2 is really starting to get on my nerves. I think my hate for the consoles started when LucasArts canceld Obi-Wan. I know they are good and powerful machine, but we want PC games too!!!!!

Old 05-03-2001, 04:31 AM   #24
Redwing

Console games inevitably fade an die. But PC games? Those (if they're good) can last indeterminately.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > Episode I: The Phantom Menace > Hello!? Is anybody here?