lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: About the ratings at the end
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-05-2001, 09:48 PM   #1
Bakudo

Question About the ratings at the end

When you finish the game, they give the time it took you the beat the game and your ratings. But there is a number in the middle, for example: Trade Federation Battleship: 4, and the time in which you completed it.

What is that number? From Mos Espa to the Final Battle I have 9. But the first level, I have 4. What is it?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2001, 10:07 PM   #2
Zanzibar

It's a ranking system, or 'score', it shows on a particular level how well you did, on a scale of 0 to 9. Everyone starts out at 4. I cut and pasted this from another thread:

We put the scoring system in there as basically a 'difficulty' setting, so that if you breeze thru a level, your score goes up, making the enemies move a tad faster, and shoot more accurately. And, thus, if you die a lot, it becomes easier. Then, at the end, we wanted a 'ranking' system so that you might want to play the game again, so we just reported that number on a chart, showing how you finished each level.

0 "Dung Worm"
1 "Twi Lek Dancing Girl"
2 "Protocol Droid"
3 "Watto's Flunky"
4 "Naboo Royal Guard"
5 "Jabba's Champion"
6 "Padawan Learner"
7 "Jedi Novice"
8 "Jedi Knight"
9 "Jedi Master"
X "Cheater" (If you use any cheat codes, you get this rank at the end)

Zanzibar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2001, 11:54 PM   #3
Garindan

awesome!!!! I opened up some of the gob files from the cd with conman, and whoa!!! i found out ALL the different sayings!!! would anybody like me to post them? there's about 1000 of them (every question and answer!!!), and it also showed all the playable characters (no new ones), and all the messeges when you input the codes. there's about 30 codes for this game! whoa!
Old 03-06-2001, 12:10 AM   #4
Bakudo

Ok, that means everyone starts with 4. I thought I had missed a lot of stuff in the first level but that couldn't be. Thanks a lot
Old 03-06-2001, 03:16 AM   #5
Redwing

Thumbs up

Yes, we'd love to hear...please post!

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > Episode I: The Phantom Menace > About the ratings at the end