lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-27-2002, 11:01 AM   #81
Jedi Syrex

Location: Reality is out of order please try again after the beep
Post just a few thoughts

well first of this is my first posting here, ive never felt the need to break my long standing tenure of silence till now. Ironicly enough its about the great scripting debate which I for one concure with the fighting fire with fire ideal, but not as an everyday thing.

Now i wish to impart a small tidbit of info most here might find educational. through my time of dueling an fighting the A$$ masters or fighters as you call them, ive discoveryed a little trick to help even the score on a normal playing field. First you go with your normal yellow or medium attack style spin, now the trick to this like all things is timeing, you need to have a key bound to the cycle the blade styles done before hand to allow for quick switching. now as soon as you execute the normal yellow spin you can hit the style cycle button to switch immediately to the red an thus earning a score spinning hit with red damage at yellow speeds I was wondering if it would be possible to script something like that to bind a key too.

Secondly if Malinkie would be kind enought to post his final script revisions to see as a template, also i dunno if this was answered eariler but ive heard tell of the auto kicker script reduceing things back to the old way of one button kicks again, is this true...? If so could we see an example of such scripting? thank you for your time

- Syrex
Jedi Syrex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 01:04 PM   #82
Knightber

To JaraDaj

yeah, cool... it worked
but the problem is the different server tend to have diferent speed as in this server i'll set wait to 9 & the spinning works nice

but the in another server 9s too high for it..

Knightber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 09:29 PM   #83
TKMaim

Smile

What'r the key names for the key pad keys?
Is it KPAD_1 thru KPAD_9? How do you reference the Pg Down, Pg Up Keys?

Is there a list somewhere that you could post?

Thx,
Maim......
TKMaim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 09:51 PM   #84
Phunen ey

Quote:
Originally posted by TKMaim
What'r the key names for the key pad keys?
Is it KPAD_1 thru KPAD_9? How do you reference the Pg Down, Pg Up Keys?

Is there a list somewhere that you could post?

Thx,
Maim......

KP_INS
KP_DEL
KP_END
KP_DOWNARROW
KP_PGDN
KP_LEFTARROW
KP_5
KP_RIGHTARROW
KP_HOME
KP_UPARROW
KP_PGUP

I think KP_ENTER works as well... not sure though. I hope this helps.
Phunen ey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 10:28 PM   #85
JaraDaj

Hey if you wanna make a site and post scripts there, by all means go for it. But put on your flame protected suit, just be ready for it. I'll be more than happy (how can that be?) to give ya permission, no prob there.... i'll even be interested in writing more if they are useful.

Best way to combat the different servers stuff for scripts is to write another one, the exact same way, but have it add more waits, or take em away. Then just exec one of em, if it doesn't work, exec the other. A good habit is to add the line;

unbind X

Add that to the top of the script, this will unbind the key, so you can exec another script and bind it to that key without ill effects from other binds. The difference was the lag i'm betting. How well did the one with the yaw_speed work? Did ya try both? was there a difference in both of them? I've been spending my time playing warcraft3 and nwn, so i haven't tested these out. But there's a lan party this saturday that i'll be at where they will be playing jk2. I suppose i can show em some tricks.

cvar print out.... you can either ;

A, type cmdlist in console and write em down or do a screenshot
B, open up your mpconfig in wordpad and save it somewhere else as a backup file. That file has many commands. I suggest binding every command in the game to something so they all show up when you look at the cfg file.
C, find the game engine (modified q3) and search for a scripting site for that game. The commands tend to be the same, with some minor differences and/or add-ons
D, get the sdk from the dev site and see what they got in it. My guess is they have everything you need to make a mod, so it would be safe to say they will have all the commands somewhere.
I'm on a role, any other requests???

I would like to die peacefully and in my sleep, just like my grandfather. Not screaming in panic like the passingers in the car he was driving.
JaraDaj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 10:38 PM   #86
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
How do you change your skins default taunt? I want a different taunt for all my female skins. They all have the same stupid taunt "come on over here" and it's really annoying me!

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 10:59 PM   #87
TKMaim

Thanks Phucen ey!

I appreciate the help!
TKMaim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2002, 01:15 AM   #88
malinkie

I already have the Command list from JK2 and the CVAR List o my site.

I expect it to be up by the end of today.

Flams don't piss me off. I don't use the scripts, i just write them for learning purposes.

About the up dated script for my moves in blue stance, here it is...
(only for blue lunge and yellow finisher.)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//Cycle variable strings
set "cycle" "saberAttackCycle; wait 2"

//Blue Stance Lunge
set "lunge" "+movedown; wait 1; +movedown; +forward; +attack; wait 1; -attack; -forward; -movedown"

//Medium Finisher
set "mf" "+forward; wait 1; +forward; +moveup; +attack; wait 1; -attack; -moveup; -forward"

bind "MOUSE2" "vstr lunge"
bind "KP_END" "vstr cycle; vstr mf; vstr cycle; vstr cycle"
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Remember and put the whole command line on one line with wordpad.
The truncation in the thread makes the cfg not work.

Thanks.

MaLiNkIe

Diplomacy is when you tell someone to go to hell and make it sound like the greatest trip ever.
malinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2002, 01:46 AM   #89
JaraDaj

Quote:
Originally posted by lexx
How do you change your skins default taunt? I want a different taunt for all my female skins. They all have the same stupid taunt "come on over here" and it's really annoying me!

Well, i think you are out of luck. Unless you can make a mod, and have people download it.... or write to lucas arts and complain.... or write a script, that changes you skin, then taunts, then changes it back very fast. As far as i can tell, you can't "link" another taunt from a skin if you aren't using that skin.... since the taunt audio file is in the pk3 files where the art/skin is for the model.

I would like to die peacefully and in my sleep, just like my grandfather. Not screaming in panic like the passingers in the car he was driving.
Old 06-28-2002, 01:47 AM   #90
Rad Blackrose
Banned

These are all the scripted moves that I know of, yet never use (except for the 2 handed backsweep, that is a showy move).

2 Handed Backsweep:

bind (key) "+movedown;+back;+attack"

Light Lunge

bind (key) "+movedown;+forward;+attack"

Undercut

bind (key) "+forward;+moveup;+attack"
Rad Blackrose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2002, 02:47 AM   #91
malinkie

Basic Site UP.

The basic site is up at:

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/havenocommonsense/

MaLiNkIe

Diplomacy is when you tell someone to go to hell and make it sound like the greatest trip ever.
Old 06-28-2002, 03:59 AM   #92
JaraDaj

love the little cartoon

Old 06-28-2002, 04:26 AM   #93
malinkie

Thanks. but i think i may have to take the cartoon down some time.

but im not going to do that right now. Its too funny.

MaLiNkIe

Old 06-28-2002, 04:43 AM   #94
Skuttle24

This is really sad. If u suk, don't cheat (don't tell me its not cheating...it's the biggest load of bs ever) just practice till u get better. u don't need to cheat to do well.

but i really have 1 point i wanna make

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE FRIKEN FRAG COUNT PEOPLE!!! DON'T CHEAT FOR A FEW EASY KILLS!!! DAMN IT! THE GAME IS SOPPOSED TO BE ABOUT THE FUN!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Size Matters Not!

Small my weinie is,
but laid i still get
Skuttle24 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2002, 05:38 AM   #95
malinkie

As i've said before. AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN. a few people on here DO NOT use the scripts they or i write. They are just here for reference.

Learning purposes people. NOTHING MORE.

Maybe people like us will finally make the gaming industried shut these back doors down. Until then, i'm gonna learn from them.

Learning and using these are two different things. I'm just trying to expand my knowledge of these games. Kinda like Hackers 'White Hat Hackers that is'. Finding exploits, then showign them to the rest of the world so that the companys making these games do not make the same mistake in the future.

MaLiNkIe

Old 06-28-2002, 06:03 AM   #96
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Well, i think you are out of luck. Unless you can make a mod, and have people download it.... or write to lucas arts and complain.... or write a script, that changes you skin, then taunts, then changes it back very fast. As far as i can tell, you can't "link" another taunt from a skin if you aren't using that skin.... since the taunt audio file is in the pk3 files where the art/skin is for the model.
But I've heard them on many an occasion. A female skin with a male taunt. I'll just have to ask them next time I come across it.

Thanks anyway

make life bearable.

Old 06-28-2002, 06:50 AM   #97
malinkie

Here lexx, this may let you do it. get back to me on the results OK.

/////////////////////////////////////

set "owntaunt" "model "reborn/default"; wait 3; +taunt; -taunt; model "chiss/default""

bind f10 "vstr owntaunt"

//changing the models to the ones you want.

////////////////////////////////////

MaLiNkIe

Old 06-28-2002, 11:54 AM   #98
ninex

Grow Up

I dont see what the big fuss is about with these people coming on here. The way I look at it, people using scripts are good practice. But, just because they have a script... doesnt make them good. If I'm not stuck laying there on my back, Im not going to just sit there and let them spin around 1000 times a minute and try to hack me... spining or not, you can still kick them, pull them etc, to get them on the ground (cant swing) and take a bash at them. No big deal. My clan and I have been accused of cheating, scripting, the whole nine yards. It doesnt bother me one bit, because I know we are better than most we come accross. Good players and scripters alike can come at me, I dont care... ya know what? They may kill me once or twice... but in the end... I'll own them. Dont spend all your time bitching about this ****, learn from it and get better, or stop playing. Face it, some people are more competitive than others, and if you arent competitive and want to play JK2 Multiplayer with strangers... you are a damn masacist(spell?), because you must love to get beat down by people who thrive on winning. Learn to live with it, or get out. Also, dont forget, during the summer months, most of the people playing are just bratty little kids... who just want to get their little jollies killing people so they can feel bigger than they are. Dont let them have fun laughing at you, because your getting pissed getting the **** knocked out of you... suck it up, move on, or find a way to beat them.

My personal vice is 1.03... cant stand the game, its been reduced to people running around backwards fighting. Looks dumb... is dumb... so i dont play 1.03... just 1.02... but you dont hear me in 1.03 bitching at people. Grow a sack keep on trucking... maybe this game isnt for you.

As for the rest of you, keep on keepin' on. More power to ya... this stuff is facinating, especially to me, I know what Im up against... and so far... Im not worried. Have fun.

Peace

Be mindful of your thoughts, they betrey you.
ninex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2002, 02:19 PM   #99
JaraDaj

Re: Grow Up

Quote:
Originally posted by ninex

As for the rest of you, keep on keepin' on. More power to ya... this stuff is facinating, especially to me, I know what Im up against... and so far... Im not worried. Have fun.

Peace

That's the whole idea....Mountain out of a mole hill i think it goes..

Old 06-28-2002, 04:24 PM   #100
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Here lexx, this may let you do it. get back to me on the results OK.

/////////////////////////////////////

set "owntaunt" "model "reborn/default"; wait 3; +taunt; -taunt; model "chiss/default""

bind f10 "vstr owntaunt"

//changing the models to the ones you want.

////////////////////////////////////
Thanks, I'll get back to you on that.

make life bearable.

Old 06-28-2002, 04:56 PM   #101
alienine

that page is on my favourites now

Personally I don't like thoise sheap push and slash scripts, but I see no problem with automating combos and such..

btw, anyone with any good ideas which keys to use for bidning, i am using the wadx keys for movement not the arrow ones and I need quick heys to use for some scripts? any ideas? Don't want to change default mp game ones since i'm used to them..?
alienine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2002, 07:33 PM   #102
Graphicsgod

Nice! I know a lot of scripts from Q3, but are too lazy to find em on my own. I don't need any "cheats" per say, but if I find a script that can make life easier, then I'm all for it (cleen screenshots, switching to punching, slicing and dicing enemies, and etc...).

What I want to know, is how to get the game to look better!! I've been trying to find console commands to get decals and bodies to not dissapear! The commands in Q3, don't work in JO. So if anyone knows how to get the game to be more realistic, please let me know!!!!

graphicsgod2@hotmail.com

What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
Graphicsgod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2002, 11:27 PM   #103
Hamsterizer

Hi all,

I've still not been able to get the backstab or spinning backstab moves to work. The exact move I mean is when someone is behind you and you press back and attack, causing a quick 'backstab' in blue mode and a 'spinning slash' move in yellow and red mode. I would like to be able to execute this move with no one near me (ie not reliant on the prescense of another player to trigger the move)

the only bind I've tried successfully is the light lunge move bind posted on this thread '"+movedown;+forward+attack" this version has no 'wait' or '-' commands in it and it seems to work everytime.

Hamsterizer
Hamsterizer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2002, 11:40 PM   #104
Arker

Thumbs down

Why do you noobs play the game at ALL? A simple "win" key would be enough, then the old monkey island "you've won" message, and off you go to play something else.

Thats like a kickboxing game with nukes, one button does the job.

As if 1.03 wouldn't have made it easy enough already for you illiterates to spam with guns AND instakill with the saber.

Go back to playing quake, I'm sure you're using a script for rocketjumping there as well.

this is getting ridiculous

Arker
Arker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2002, 11:58 PM   #105
PainGod

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamsterizer
Hi all,

I've still not been able to get the backstab or spinning backstab moves to work. The exact move I mean is when someone is behind you and you press back and attack, causing a quick 'backstab' in blue mode and a 'spinning slash' move in yellow and red mode. I would like to be able to execute this move with no one near me (ie not reliant on the prescense of another player to trigger the move)

the only bind I've tried successfully is the light lunge move bind posted on this thread '"+movedown;+forward+attack" this version has no 'wait' or '-' commands in it and it seems to work everytime.

Hamsterizer

Those moves are triggered by proximity to another person or bot. You cant do them in thin air. Loading up a bot to practice them on is the only way.
PainGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2002, 12:01 AM   #106
PainGod

Re: Basic Site UP.

Quote:
Originally posted by malinkie
The basic site is up at:

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/havenocommonsense/

Good reference and hilarious cartoon!
PainGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2002, 01:30 AM   #107
malinkie

--------------------------------
Original post: alienine

btw, anyone with any good ideas which keys to use for bidning, i am using the wadx keys for movement not the arrow ones and I need quick heys to use for some scripts? any ideas? Don't want to change default mp game ones since i'm used to them..?
--------------------------------

Why not:

q, e, s, z, c, r, f, v and so on....

These are the closest keys to your movement keys.

unless your using a different language keyboard... (thats another story. lol)

MaLiNkIe

Old 06-29-2002, 01:36 AM   #108
malinkie

Quote:
Originally posted by Arker
Why do you noobs play the game at ALL? A simple "win" key would be enough, then the old monkey island "you've won" message, and off you go to play something else.

Thats like a kickboxing game with nukes, one button does the job.

As if 1.03 wouldn't have made it easy enough already for you illiterates to spam with guns AND instakill with the saber.

Go back to playing quake, I'm sure you're using a script for rocketjumping there as well.

this is getting ridiculous

Arker
Why do you come in here to bitch.

moan, moan, moan.

Stop crying like a baby.

I'm sick fed up of the these people who come in this thread to moan.

What does the thread name say... "Scripts Here"

Nothing to do with people like you.

*thought*

Maybe if these people keep moaning we'll get our own area in the forums.

*/thought*

On second thoughts... keep moaning lol. its sometimes funny to hear.

MaLiNkIe

Old 06-29-2002, 01:54 AM   #109
shmacdonald's

ah, finally. someone with a complete knowledge of scripting, willing to share with everyone. usually when you ask someone how they did the spinning backstab or some other scripted move they'd get on their throne and laugh at the "ignorant n00b". i'm glad this probably wont happen anymore.

to those of you complaining about JaraDaj and others showing us how to script these moves, i'd love to hear an explanation on why it's better for only a few people to act l33t and know these moves, rather than having these resources available to everyone.

and to anyone still arguing about the fact that using scripts require no skill, let me point out that all the moves needed for winning on your average duel/ffa server arent that hard to pull off and master in the first place. and unless you can knock down your opponent in front of you all the time or have an extremely low ping, scripts like the spinning/180 backstab and kick could actually lower your chances of successfully doing the move.
shmacdonald's is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2002, 02:16 AM   #110
malinkie

You know you can send me scripts

Remember, you can send me scripts at

havenocommonsense'at'hotmail.com

*NOTE: replace the 'at' with @*

These will go on the website and be there for everybody to reference

JO Scripting

MaLiNkIe

Old 06-29-2002, 02:24 AM   #111
Keeper

Location: Somewhere out there *points to the 6th planet to the right of Jupiter*
I always thought that scripting was the most &%/&%/&"/&(/(%"% thing in the game (still do). But you guys have showed me that it is so simple, and given me the means to counter them (script-end delays). Thanks ya'll

Still don't like all that bull with scripting though. Not very funny to play well on a duel server and then meet a scripter who does a 4576MpH bs at some point when you think you have him, killing you instantly.

Keeper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2002, 05:44 AM   #112
JaraDaj

Hey, i agree with Keeper 100%... but scripting is here... and can't be ignored. I'm a firm believer of sharing knowledge. IT's free, and should always be free. Can you imagine if Einstien didn't share what he knew?

I'm getting back into the game, so i'm gonna script some more. Got a lan party this weekend so i'll see what ideas i come up with watchng others play. As always, questions or comments are welcomed in this thread.

As for those who don't like it, that's cool. I don't like ice cream...... My point is, it's good to voice an opinion, at the very least it'll keep this thread bumped on the first page.

Anyone else want to share?

Old 06-29-2002, 06:39 AM   #113
malinkie

I've got a lan party too this weekend.

Thats a good idea to get ideas from the other players playin.

MaLiNkIe

Old 06-29-2002, 08:00 AM   #114
ToppDog

I agree. For me, it's a way to learn. I haven't played online with them. I just try them out by myself to see if they work & then delete em.
ToppDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2002, 11:20 AM   #115
Supers

It's gotta be about the timing.Look you DFA on someone,You miss.YOu DFA with the scripts, shorter time in doing the move.Do a backsweep.To lazy to click the back attack button eh?Well, you suck.I do hope someone makes atleast on hack that changes their username so you can screw a person using scripts.Lunge.See the differene in time?Crouch+foaward+attack.Scripts,press on button.CHEAP?YES!
Wait a second...THere was this guy non-stop pushing me.Maybe he was using a script that does non-stop pushing.

If you see a person with the name of GAYASSMOTHERBITCHASS****ERGETALIFEJOBANDAWIFE,PLEA SE KILL HIM AND TRHOW HIM TO HIS DOOM!Actually, his name is bAbY.He is 2 and a-half yrs old and does non-stop pushing.

SuperS
Supers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2002, 12:19 PM   #116
thehomicidalegg

hehe i'd just like to make a comment. Regardless, of what everyone thinks, this is the moat read thread in the MP forum, therefore, one must assume most people MUST be INTERSTED.
thehomicidalegg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2002, 02:03 PM   #117
alienine

Hmm none of the red stance scripts here seem to work, the wait *number* thing also produces an error, I decided to make my own set of scripts that default on the blue stance and hava a variety of moves for the red stance.

Btw that spinning script works very well, though it really makes the fact you're using a script very obvious, but perfect for clustered quarells.

I wanna make a script in red stance where you have to face someone, you press the key, you spin 180 degress, do a back stab then do the spinning thingy.

I still have no idea how to kick? What do you actually do lol?

Has anyone thought of making some sort of script that works with guns?

Oh and last but not least, how do I make the guy spin a set amount of degrees? lol
alienine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2002, 03:57 PM   #118
JaraDaj

Quote:
Originally posted by alienine
I wanna make a script in red stance where you have to face someone, you press the key, you spin 180 degress, do a back stab then do the spinning thingy.

I'm working on a red stance, 180 degree turn and backsweep then the spin... it's hard to get the timing and not alot of people will stand still long enough for me to do it, I test everything i can online so i know it works, if i'm not sure i'll say so.

Quote:
I still have no idea how to kick? What do you actually do lol?.

To kick someone you have to move in thier direction, when you are near them tap jump 2 times. A good way to practice is doing the kick flip off a wall. If you can do that you can kick someone, they must be either in front or on the side, can't kick em if your back is toward them.

Quote:
Has anyone thought of making some sort of script that works with guns?

I have been thinking of a script for the sniper gun, and rocket launcher. When zoomed in, hit attack1 once to do a full charge, then hit again to fire. I hate having to hold it down. Another one is for the rocket launcher, hit attack2 till you can get a lock then hit it again to shoot the heat seeker.

Quote:
Oh and last but not least, how do I make the guy spin a set amount of degrees? lol
In the script i made, it's just a toggle, so i got used to controlling the spin at will. It's not safe to do it the other way, since scripting with any sort of timing means you will have to use waits in the script. Which means you are stuck doing that script till it's done, meaning as you start you spin, you can't do anything till it's done. With the toggle you can stop it anytime, and go to the next guy. But if you want it to spina few times then you will have to change the script a bit... have to add waits. I'll see if i can make something up in to show you what it would look like. Gotta get some sleep so i'll post it sunday.

Old 06-29-2002, 07:43 PM   #119
zipped

Red face DFA and AXE Chop in v1.03

Jara, your script for DFA doesen't work in v1.03.

Could anyone post a script for it and maybe for the axe chop? (I would write these scrips on my own if I knew how to perform the moves!)

The Axe chop is: forward, backward, stationary+attack

but I cannot do it.......
zipped is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2002, 11:14 PM   #120
Rad Blackrose
Banned

Well, for the DFA, what exactly is the ratio in variable numbers for the wait command when compared to actual RL seconds?
Rad Blackrose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Strategy Shack > SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)