lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Just an idea....
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-26-2000, 08:24 PM   #1
Mace_Windu

Post Just an idea....

This may seem trivial to some of you but I think it would be a good idea to make more levels(other then aprentice, knight, master, and council). A lot of other forums have a lot more and i think it would be cool. I don't know what other levels you could add(Maybe devide up the Knight levels into Like Knight first class and Knight second Class or something like that although it doesn't really go along with star wars) but there has to be something. Also maybe it would be cool to have people choose to follow either the Path of the darkside or the path of the lightside when they regester(kinda like in Darkforces 2: Jedi Knight when you get to choose with path to follow) and make levels like Sith Apprentice and Sith lord for those who opt to follow the Darkside. I've heard several people bring that up and I just thought that would be a cool idea. Thanx

-Mace_Windu

------------------

Mace Windu, Jedi Master
May the force be with you....
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2000, 09:33 PM   #2
Jedi Kenobi

Like they do on the Xwingalliance.net forum

------------------

Jedi Kenobi
Jedi Knight
Old 04-26-2000, 09:53 PM   #3
Ikhnaton

the XWA forum only has four ranks. Jedi Padawan and Jedi Knight for junior members and members. Sith and Sith Lord for mods and admins, respectively.

to add more ranks requires a hack into the UBB code which is always a risk. Not sure what Aristotle would have to say about that.
Old 04-26-2000, 11:04 PM   #4
darthjustin69

sounds like a great idea mace!!!

------------------

... "You are no match for me weak Jedi"

SUPREME EMPEROR OF THE SITH ORDER
Old 04-27-2000, 12:32 AM   #5
Kurgan

Arrow

Well the more you use ranks, the more you get people posting filler just to go up in "rank" and then you have more "factions" of people thinking they are better than the next guy because of a title.

The ranks now basically indicate: regular member, member who posts a LOT or has been here a long time, moderator, and admin.

Kurgan
Old 04-27-2000, 01:03 AM   #6
Mace_Windu

That makes sense Kurgan but the lightside/darkside thing still seem like a good idea. It would be the same ranking just with sith names. If either of these is hard to do then don't bother because its not important. I just thought it would be cool.

------------------

Mace Windu, Jedi Master
May the force be with you....
Old 04-27-2000, 02:19 AM   #7
Ikhnaton

did anyone hear what i said?
Old 04-30-2000, 06:48 AM   #8
MasterYoda

I did and Im try to listen and learn as much as I can

------------------

MasterYoda JPB Moderator
Old 04-30-2000, 04:23 PM   #9
darthjustin69

I think what mace said was excerllent i would much rather be a sith lord than a jedi knight

------------------

... "You are no match for me weak Jedi"

DARK LORD OF THE SITH MASTER

Sith Order Member
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 5. JediKnight.Net > Feedback > Just an idea....