lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sound problems
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-20-2001, 06:31 PM   #1
Lopar

Sound problems

Hey y'all!

I recently got Battlegrounds and installed it. When I ran the game, the sound was messed up; there's a teeth-jarring, eardrum popping feedback kinda noise on the menu screen whenever a sound event is played (like when I move the mouse cursor over a button or something). It gets worse when I actually start playing the game and voice tracks are garbled with even more intense feedback. I tried looking up Yoda's Help Desk on the LucasArts site and it suggested that my sound volume may be too high, so I turned it down (both on my speakers and the Windows sound control). That didn't help. Nor did the installation of the latest drivers for my sound card, which is a SB Live! Value.

So, uh, anybody have any ideas that would help me? Thanks much.

Lopar

DEMENTIA IN ABSENTIA
Lopar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2001, 01:18 PM   #2
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Well if your processor is too slow to technically keep up with everything it could be because of that... but might I ask what processor speed and RAM you've got?
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2001, 04:47 PM   #3
pandemonium

Um... I'm not really sure... you could always ask at: www.galacticbattles.com

"I see." Said the blind Sith, as he picked up his saber and saw
pandemonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2001, 07:11 PM   #4
Lopar

Here's my system specs:

HP Pavilion 9800 custom PC
Processor: AMD Athlon 1GHz
RAM: 256M DDR
Video: nVIDIA GeForce 2 MX w/32M of RAM on a 4x AGP card
Audio: Sound Blaster Live! Value (WDM, whatever that means)
Speakers: powered subwoofer and two stereo speakers (I forgot the manufacturer)

I tried this game with a FAT32-formatted hard disk and tried again reformatting the disk with NTFS. I got the same problem. I tried plugging my speakers into the "line-out" port on my sound card but I got no sound out of them at all. I tried using the reinstall/repair feature from the game autorun menu, that didn't work. I tried twiddling the volume controls in Windows, in the game and on my speakers and that didn't work. Ugh!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt:
Well if your processor is too slow to technically keep up with everything it could be because of that... but might I ask what processor speed and RAM you've got?

DEMENTIA IN ABSENTIA
Lopar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > Star Wars RTS Central > Sound problems