lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Official JKII 1.04 Patch Thread
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-11-2002, 09:37 AM   #41
Xenon812

Ok so with all the above discussion, I wonder if there will be anything affected in SP mode by the 1.04 patch.

I personally am a fan of SP. And though I have not had any problems with the game, I will update to 1.04, and am just curious if there will be any change for the better....

And for that matter...I wonder if there will be an expansion pack in the future....like when Jan & Kyle go on vacation, and they are doing the humpty-dumpty on a moonlit beach, and all of a sudden Luke shows up to tell them there is some new danger they haveta deal with RIGHT NOW...or....well..whatever...
Xenon812 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 09:41 AM   #42
QuietSith

Quote:
Originally posted by Ready Wan

Dark Side really does need some kind of help. I sure hope they even out the powers a bit, or it'll be more of the same: all light side and all force absorb.
Try this on a server:

seta g_forceregentime 100

Default is 200 - so half the time to regenerate.

Gives darkside a big boost, imo.
QuietSith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 09:52 AM   #43
crazyplaya73

I have absorb (and lightning to be fair) disabled in FFA mode on my server and I guess I'll be sticking with that unless they did change something but it wasn't in the update.

If I had one wish for something that could be in this patch and we just don't know it yet it would be to have more CVARS to adjust kick, saber throw, saber swings, and all of the special saber moves to a certain degree within reason. This way each server could be tweaked so that if the players want very strong sabers but weak saber throw and weak kick I can have that without needing a MOD.

Oh, does anyone know if the patch adds multiple duels in FFA?

It would be nice if we didn't need a MOD for these very small things.
crazyplaya73 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 09:53 AM   #44
SaberPro
00 Agent

Quote:
Originally posted by QuietSith

Game menu would be great.

Doesn't help people like me who run a dedicated server.

Perhaps if they put in a FAQ?

I have a request from you:

Can you edit your original post and quote all the changes for 1.04 in that post (with link to Kenn's info) so people see it right away?

Post edited

SaberPro
Alliance of the Jedi (AOJ)
ZoneFriend = AOJ_SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
SaberPro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 09:55 AM   #45
SeraphimII

Location: L33t Fruit Stalker...I mean Stocker...No Really I do.
Lando- Wooo-Wooo-Wooo-Wooo-Wooo-Wooo-Wooo-Hoooooooo!

Woot! v1.4!

Best sig EVAR!
SeraphimII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 10:00 AM   #46
crazyplaya73

Quote:
seta g_forceregentime 100
Doesn't it also allow the light player to HEAL almost at will. I have mine at 185 and even at that level I have played against a few light Jedi's using the "run away and heal" tactic where the only way to kill them is by a one hit kill move or by challanging them to a duel so that they could not heal. Anywayz don't take it the wrong way. I'm just wondering if this is even more of a problem set at 100?
crazyplaya73 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 10:03 AM   #47
Keith[jolt]

can't w8

Althought we've been using the SDK mod on our servers for a while, making the patch official, shifts more gamers in
Keith[jolt] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 10:04 AM   #48
Yoda_623
GoodFella

This patch sounds good. It gonna take some gettin used to though. I noticed that air lunge can still be used...or maybe i missed it.

Yoda_623 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 10:05 AM   #49
QuietSith

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyplaya73

Doesn't it also allow the light player to HEAL almost at will. I have mine at 185 and even at that level I have played against a few light Jedi's using the "run away and heal" tactic where the only way to kill them is by a one hit kill move or by challanging them to a duel so that they could not heal. Anywayz don't take it the wrong way. I'm just wondering if this is even more of a problem set at 100?
I don't take anything personal.

I haven't noticed a problem. Experiment with it and see if it causes issues.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:09 AM   #50
ryudom

i wonder if they added any maps or skins like they did in 1.03? can't wait for this patch
ryudom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 10:20 AM   #51
ryudom

also, now that the pull/bs combo isn't as effective (or so we hope) maybe that give the darkies less to complain about and hopefully the dark force population will grow. i like fighting darkies more the lighties such as myself
ryudom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 10:32 AM   #52
QuietSith

I wonder what they mean by tommorow?

12 a.m.?
Old 07-11-2002, 10:37 AM   #53
NerfYoda
Grumpy Old Man

HooHah!!!!!! Can't wait to put it up on my server. Thanks, Kenn!

aka DJ Sith of the Jedi Academy
My car is made of Nerf.
NerfYoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 10:46 AM   #54
Keith[jolt]

my guess is 6-7pm? so 2am in the UK ?

another long night i guess
Keith[jolt] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 10:52 AM   #55
Cal-Gon Gin

Hmmm. I expect duels will take longer, but fixing the point is a good thing IMO--its all I've asked for. Spinning during a bs has been kinda fun tho

We'll see what new wonders folks will discover to b1tch about here.

Take me away!!!
Cal-Gon Gin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 11:10 AM   #56
IronJedi Kaga

Patch sound good so far. I do wish absorb were looked at but hey its nothing as bad as the ultra pull bsers so its not much of a problem.

As for the saber changes, the only other wish I would have on my list is to replace the medium special in mp with Tavions medium special from sp. Its so much better looking, and even better is that it has timing where you wont be pulled out of the animation into the regular jump animation if a person moves out of the way. But its a small thing anyways, overall this patch should be well worth the wait.
IronJedi Kaga is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 11:15 AM   #57
Cyris

Thumbs down 1.04 Is a BAAAAAAD IDEA!

Well... Im sorry to all of you who think this is a good idea but it really isnt. Ive learned to master the game with the BS as it was there. I know there ae alot of assfighters out there but Im not one of them. I use it to my advantage but i do not run around with my back turned to people. As well... not being able to turn in your lunge is homo. It gives a sense of aim.

I think that making 1.04 will just give an advantage to the newbs because they attack by blue spam which will now be harder to defend without the use of the spinning backspin in yellow and red. Plus Ill lose all my demos... I dont like this chit at all.....
Cyris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 11:45 AM   #58
Caster

Cyris, you can still use your back stab, you just can't spin with it anymore so the swing starts off early or hit the guy multiple times.

If anything, it's probably still possible to us the pull/backstab combo if people are that fast, they just have to compensate for not being able to spin and swinging early.

Fuel burning space polluting X-Wings!
You probably have seat
belts with those shield of yours!
Caster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 11:55 AM   #59
HellFyre69

OMFG... I thought they werent going to realease the patch... And i was going today saying that they wont realse the patch.... JESUS!!! I guess no more pull +backstab whore uh...

It is obvious this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with the lightsaber."

-Count Dooku

HellFyre69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 12:27 PM   #60
HellFyre69

1 more thing about 1.04 patch

I'm sorry if it's been ask before? but did they take out the attack when you jump + uppercut (Blue,light stance).. thx

It is obvious this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with the lightsaber."

-Count Dooku

HellFyre69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 01:28 PM   #61
QuietSith

Isn't it Thursday Eastern time?
Old 07-11-2002, 01:58 PM   #62
EZ-Lestat

Re: 1.04 Is a BAAAAAAD IDEA!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyris
As well... not being able to turn in your lunge is homo. It gives a sense of aim.
Err if you can turn in your lunge aiming becomes totally unnecessary.

Quote:
I think that making 1.04 will just give an advantage to the newbs because they attack by blue spam which will now be harder to defend without the use of the spinning backspin in yellow and red. Plus Ill lose all my demos... I dont like this chit at all.....
a) Medium DFA
b) Forward Lunge
c) Heavy regular overhead slash
d) If they're "newbs" I'll assume they don't have absorb so... EVERY Darkside power.
e) The patch is to fix the damn spinning backspin you laud that's the easiest way to kill anyone now.
EZ-Lestat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 02:01 PM   #63
EZ-Lestat

Quote:
Originally posted by HellFyre69
1 more thing about 1.04 patch

I'm sorry if it's been ask before? but did they take out the attack when you jump + uppercut (Blue,light stance).. thx

It's been asked and answered... pls read before posting.

If 1.03a code is anything to go by, midair lunge is pretty much gone..
EZ-Lestat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 02:22 PM   #64
JaledDur

I hope this manages to please at least half of whatever community is left.
JaledDur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 02:22 PM   #65
Boreas

Why the hell didn't they fix saber combat or kicking??
Boreas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 02:24 PM   #66
JAtM Trev

Yeah midair lunge is gone.

Now i heard that kicking and throw received a nerfbalacing.

9pt kicks and 15 pts throws for more force power.

This would eliminate a majority of the spammers.

The question is, is this true?

Find out tomorrow I suppose.

Trev
Jedi Against the Machine
JAtM Trev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 02:37 PM   #67
Demise_SOK

<-- SHOCKED

Well, I can't believe this. Totally unexpected- I thought the game would never be touched again by the company.

The changes sound good, unfortunately, it appears that auto-block rates haven't been lowered . I think the increase in Auto-blocks when you have out-manuvered your opponent is what makes duels so goddamn long and is the biggest change to saber combat from the original version.

For those who think that your going to get backstabbed less- dream on. If they haven't lowered damage on this move you will still be getting owned. The best players don't need to get you on the ground to land it on you, they can turn and initiate it before you can move.

IMO backstab should as much damage as a hit from a med twirl. But, maybe they changed it so the damage varies based on the saber style you are using without annoucing it.

I think that the new spam move we will see on the rise is force push then DFA, since I doubt many players will max both push and pull.

"The King is gone but he's not forgotten. This is the story of Johny Rotten."
Demise_SOK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 03:11 PM   #68
QuietSith

Re: <-- SHOCKED

Quote:
Originally posted by Demise_SOK
Well, I can't believe this. Totally unexpected- I thought the game would never be touched again by the company.

The changes sound good, unfortunately, it appears that auto-block rates haven't been lowered . I think the increase in Auto-blocks when you have out-manuvered your opponent is what makes duels so goddamn long and is the biggest change to saber combat from the original version.

For those who think that your going to get backstabbed less- dream on. If they haven't lowered damage on this move you will still be getting owned. The best players don't need to get you on the ground to land it on you, they can turn and initiate it before you can move.

IMO backstab should as much damage as a hit from a med twirl. But, maybe they changed it so the damage varies based on the saber style you are using without annoucing it.

I think that the new spam move we will see on the rise is force push then DFA, since I doubt many players will max both push and pull.
Nope.

It really does prevent the assfighting - I'm using the 1.04 unofficial patch/mod on my server, and it prevents it - come on my server and find out - no I'm not advertising the mod - just trying to give you a sense of what the official patch will be like.

The only time backstab may one hit kill is when person has saber down.

As for blocking, servers just need to do this:

seta g_saberghoul2collision 0 - Minimal auto-saber blocking.
seta g_sabertracesaberfirst 0 - Minimal auto-saber blocking.

Last edited by QuietSith; 07-11-2002 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-11-2002, 03:34 PM   #69
V-tecc

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Kaan
SWEEEEEEET!

No more excuses, play or play not, there is no whine!

Kaan
Hahaha.... *amused!

That was funny...

Haven't read further than to this post, so I'm sorry if what i ask/say already has been said.

Is there anything that can point to that there are any further changes done to the game?

Except for the ones in the pre-release statement...

Have they fixed these things:

-Saber blocking
-2 tap kick
-Freeze bug
-Drain/Heal/Grip ...etc

Or have they only done the changes that we have read about already?

[b]DBD|V-tecc [1.02]
http://committed.to/honour/
V-tecc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 03:51 PM   #70
NerfYoda
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally posted by V-tecc

-2 tap kick
That was to fix it so you dint kick backward when you just wanted to jump over a ledge or something. I'm glad they did that in 1.03 & hope it won't ger nerfed in <=1.04.

aka DJ Sith of the Jedi Academy
My car is made of Nerf.
NerfYoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 04:02 PM   #71
C'jais
Spicy Viking Boy

I agree Nerf, kicks are NO problem to execute.
And the 2tap kicks allows you to air-kick people, something that is truly cool.

If air-lunge is removed, I guess some people will have to rethink their spammage.

The backstab change might spell the doom for assfighters and cheap shots, but I'll just have to wait and see like the rest. Gonna be exciting....

I have fixed feelings about the blocking though; in duels the high block rate is the best thing since toasted toast, but in FFA's and CTF's the block rate is a chore. I just wish that they could do the blockrate not unlike a golden middle between 1.02 and 1.03.

And then there's the force balance issues, but I rarely play FF so I'm not that qualified to speak about that...

I'm just hoping this patch doesn't equals maximum kicking spammage. I really hope it doesn't...
C'jais is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2002, 04:22 PM   #72
JaledDur

Well as long as they keep fixing only one abused move per patch... that leaves kicking as the move to spam.

As far as the assfighting goes, most of the "elite" players rely heavily on their superfast spinning midair backstabs to kill people. Now they say that this is just the fastest way to do it, and that they dont need to use it to win, and that may be true, but of course they never DO seem to win without using it...

As long as there is something that kills faster than something else and is easy to use.. well, the spammers will always be there. Hopeful though it will not become what assfighting is now.

I remember DFAers being shunned by almost everyone in the servers when that was the abused attack. What is really disturbing is how now its the opposite, if you aren't whirling around with your ass in the air you're now the n00b. It really is disconcerting and says a lot about the 'community'.

Face it, most of the community is immature and young, with all the character flaws that that entails. I'm not making a blanket statement saying that all young people act immature, but the bulk of this community IS. it may not be entirely visible on these boards, and certaily the CORE of the JK fan populace is very straight forward and honorable, but unfortunatley... a ton of people that actually play are just real jerks, and of course the lack of accountability that hiding behind a computer provides is just a bad game waiting to happen.

Things to abuse are what really make these asses shine (pun intended), and as soon as these stupid one hit kill moves are dealt with, I think we'll all find the gameplay and community stabilizing into something a bit less... childish, I guess.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:25 PM   #73
V-tecc

Dude... i know why they did it....

But, you use kick more often then you have to jump over some stupid edge... why not do the opposite?.. 2 tap = normal jump (if near an object)?

Quote:
Originally posted by NerfYoda

That was to fix it so you dint kick backward when you just wanted to jump over a ledge or something. I'm glad they did that in 1.03 & hope it won't ger nerfed in <=1.04.

[b]DBD|V-tecc [1.02]
Old 07-11-2002, 04:30 PM   #74
V-tecc

You could air kick in 1.02 too....
Do it all the time... just tap again when in mid air and close to your opponent...

Quote:
Originally posted by cjais
I agree Nerf, kicks are NO problem to execute.
And the 2tap kicks allows you to air-kick people, something that is truly cool.

If air-lunge is removed, I guess some people will have to rethink their spammage.

The backstab change might spell the doom for assfighters and cheap shots, but I'll just have to wait and see like the rest. Gonna be exciting....

I have fixed feelings about the blocking though; in duels the high block rate is the best thing since toasted toast, but in FFA's and CTF's the block rate is a chore. I just wish that they could do the blockrate not unlike a golden middle between 1.02 and 1.03.

And then there's the force balance issues, but I rarely play FF so I'm not that qualified to speak about that...

I'm just hoping this patch doesn't equals maximum kicking spammage. I really hope it doesn't...

[b]DBD|V-tecc [1.02]
Old 07-11-2002, 04:37 PM   #75
C'jais
Spicy Viking Boy

Quote:
You could air kick in 1.02 too....
Do it all the time... just tap again when in mid air and close to your opponent...
I stand corrected.

But I still can't see the problem in kicking people.... It's not that it's hard, so why the sad face?
Old 07-11-2002, 04:43 PM   #76
V-tecc

Sure its not hard... only harder... hence irritating and unnecessary...

It should be an option in the controls-menu: kick= 1tap/2tap..

But that wasn't my main problem, the worst thing was:

-Nerfed Red Stance = Ok... dfa.. but the rest?
-Nerfed Drain = way to nerfed
-Nerfed Grip = Why?? - Who had problems with that?

And the blocking... random blocks = less skill, well timed hits getting blocked was a big boo-boo.

Quote:

I stand corrected.

But I still can't see the problem in kicking people.... It's not that it's hard, so why the sad face?

[b]DBD|V-tecc [1.02]
Old 07-11-2002, 04:55 PM   #77
C'jais
Spicy Viking Boy

Quote:
Sure its not hard... only harder... hence irritating and unnecessary...

It should be an option in the controls-menu: kick= 1tap/2tap..

But that wasn't my main problem, the worst thing was:

-Nerfed Red Stance = Ok... dfa.. but the rest?
-Nerfed Drain = way to nerfed
-Nerfed Grip = Why?? - Who had problems with that?

And the blocking... random blocks = less skill, well timed hits getting blocked was a big boo-boo.

I agree with you on the force issues, but why was red stance nerfed? Most people still think it's the cream of saberfighting.

I won't agree with you on the "random blocks", especially not since 1.02 was "You MIGHT block (if you're lucky) if facing your opponent perfectly. But don't flame me for this, and turn this thread into another v2 vs v3 argument.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:58 PM   #78
JaledDur

Interesting isn't it?

I like blocking, it makes me feel like the game is more true to what I believe saber fights should be. But I dont like that it takes so many heavy hits to kill someone, and I don't like the fact that the blocking has almost nothing to do with the skill of the player. I think the nerfing of that and the other stances is what has helped the one hit wonders become such a nuissance.
Old 07-11-2002, 05:09 PM   #79
V-tecc

Quote:

I agree with you on the force issues, but why was red stance nerfed? Most people still think it's the cream of saberfighting.

I won't agree with you on the "random blocks", especially not since 1.02 was "You MIGHT block (if you're lucky) if facing your opponent perfectly. But don't flame me for this, and turn this thread into another v2 vs v3 argument.
I agree... just want to give some last words

What's more skill full?
Almost no blocking... vs Random blocks?

"You MIGHT block (if you're lucky)" <-My point exactly... less luck, more skill.

This means that I can hit you with a perfect hit.. and you can still be "lucky" enough to have the game block it for you.... fair? - Naah..

And as for: "Most people still think it's the cream of saber fighting"
There was no way to spam the red stance (without the DFA that is.)... It was slow, yet when used skillfully... deadly... So if you hit and miss.. you leave your self open. - This means that you had to be pretty good at it to excel with it.

Not like the other stances: "Hack him to death... may the luckiest man win! ... yes .. may the power of the block be with you, dude" :=)

But you're right... lets discuss 1.04 (Hope there is more fixed then what we know already)

[b]DBD|V-tecc [1.02]
Old 07-11-2002, 05:33 PM   #80
[WHM]Maynard

wow

I had no problem with the game as it was. Infact I just started playing again after about a month long absence. The new patch should be fun though it'll be good to adapt to a different side of play although people will find problems again and whore them out and other people will just whine. Too bad they aren't adding any new ctf levels
Oh and I just checked the date and it isn't April 1st so maybe the post wasn't just a joke lol.

Last edited by [WHM]Maynard; 07-11-2002 at 05:44 PM.
[WHM]Maynard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Official JKII 1.04 Patch Thread