lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Canitna 7: Fight For the Future
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-15-2002, 10:29 PM   #361
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((It is the Vanir and the Vanir are the Aesir. And at the moment the Crimson Star II doesn't really matter.))

Odin: First we must save my life and your lives. After that I can self destruct the torpedoes. However If we stop the launching and I still die, the torpedoes will be launched just a little later. You need to trust me, I know my people and I know how to stop this.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2002, 11:14 PM   #362
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
((If I'm not mistaken the Aesir haven't joined with the Vanir yet, have they?

Also so far as I've seen Cracken was mostly unaware about the CSII - it sounds like it was the pet project of some other Remnant branch...I could be wrong though))

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2002, 12:52 AM   #363
Death

*Confusion takes a hold of his mind suddenly. What is he doing?! He is betraying his master, betraying his teachings! How dare he even think about helping these people? The very thought of this should make him sick! But...his family. Above all his family. He can't let them die and now that he's seen them again the pain is so much greater. He longs to be with them, to be normal. Normal...he was never normal. And he shall never be normal! How can he be such a fool? Yes, the winged one swore but can he really be trusted? How does he know for sure that they won't betray him?* Be sensible! *With a shake of his head he disregards all doubts, takes a hold of the Time Matrix and concentrates on his next target hoping these people know what to do*

"They didn't name him Death for nothing, you know. He's a killer, a murderer. Men, women, children...doesn't matter, if they're in his way...if he's bored. He'll kill 'em all. He has no respect for life. He only wants to kill and destroy."- Stealth
"He could change. If we could get him he could change."- Nivek
"No, I don't think so. No one can stop Death."- Stealth
Death is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2002, 01:58 AM   #364
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*Rwos materializes ten feet away from Ken'atra. He recognizes the metal interior of the Crimson Star; the location Cracken's holoprojector had displayed.

Klaxons were already blaring. Rwos' eyes dart around, searching*

Rwos: Cracken! The self-destruct has already been activated! Where are you?

Old 10-16-2002, 02:49 PM   #365
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Odin: Vidar, welcome to the Crimson Star. Makesure that my other self gets off the ship. I should be heading to the docking bays now.

Vidar: Yes father.

*Vidar leaves in hunt of the other Odin*

Odin: Well Cracken shut off the self destruct so we don't have to go through this again.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-16-2002, 02:54 PM   #366
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
*The Revenant follows Cracken, and on the way, sees a group of troopers blocking a man. Deac. The Revenant slashes at them with a lightsaber and runs ahead, towards the central core...*

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2002, 05:20 PM   #367
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Flax runs to a computer terminal, he de-activates the shield and opens the bay doors. Alowing the other Flax to escape in his V-38.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2002, 06:33 PM   #368
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
you people are no fun!!!

Last edited by Kuuki; 10-17-2002 at 11:35 PM.
Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2002, 02:16 AM   #369
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((OOS: A) Scar, Irvine here is exactly the same as in Holocaust, except four days younger. Besides, how on earth did he get on the Star to wire the core for detonation under the nose of Cracken and Starr?

B) I'd like to interrupt the RPG to ask a question: If you guys save your past selves, where are *you* going to go?))

Last edited by Redwing; 10-17-2002 at 03:04 AM.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:38 PM   #370
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Well I see to possible ways to handle the two character problem. 1.) have 1 of each character stay on Crimson Star when it is destroyed. Or have those god like characters merge our characters after completing the mission.))

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-17-2002, 03:34 PM   #371
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

the time matrix is garenteed to not change the time line. How ever that does not prevent of any actions that the future Irvine to alter events himself what ever they may be...
Old 10-17-2002, 05:18 PM   #372
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((I go for one.))

*Taklin Flax launches the V-38 assult fighter, he diverts all power to the engines and clears the hanger.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2002, 05:42 PM   #373
Deac
Now in 4-D!

(But if we do save ourselves, we'll cause a paradox:

We save us, so holocaust never happens, so we never go back, so we don't save ourselves, so holocaust happens, so we survive...etc but because the Aeges are interfering, then it won't happen)

*The revenant moves toward the core, ever apporaching, ready to plug in*

Old 10-17-2002, 08:52 PM   #374
Cmdr. Cracken
Disciple of Megatron

Current Game: Starcraft II,College
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
*CRacken runs to a computer console, and furiously begins typing in code. Back in his own time, he can feel the Force once again flow through him. His fingers move with deftness and quickness. He looks at the Reverant*

If you want to save yourself, start running. i'm going to hyperspace this thing outside the Galactic Outer Rim, and detonate it so no more lives will ever be lost.

*He agains begins to work, and he manages to override the self destruct. good, now he had to get to the Hyperdrive command console... he could hack through, and bring up a remote control from this station he was at.... which he proceded to do.*which he proceded to do.*

Cmdr. Cracken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2002, 10:47 PM   #375
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((@Scar: What? The Time Matrix is the only thing that *can* change the timeline. I don't see how Irvine could change anything.

@everyone else: If we avoided our previous selves, then they would still be sent on the mission to find the Time Matrix. Deac's right tho - the Aeges can fix any screwups.

@Deac: Make the Revenant do something vital/important - technically it shouldn't have been pulled with us ))

*at Cracken's words, Rwos leaves the core area, heading back towards Ken'atra* Ken'atra! We need to jump again. *Rwos stops and realizes something* Vidar, we need you to transport us...we don't know exactly where we'll end up if Ken'atra guesses where to take us.

Only I, you, and Ken'atra need to come...unless we need Odin to prove he's alive. Once you two are in the right place, I'm going to use the Time Matrix to transport myself to Asgard...and save Deac.

Last edited by Redwing; 10-17-2002 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-18-2002, 03:30 PM   #376
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Odin: Vidar go, I'll take care of this, I know where to go. And Rwos no offense but you are not going to Asgard without at least me. Besides I can save Deac very easily. Oh and Cracken is coming along as well.

*Vidar ignores Rwos and obeys his father's orders. Running to the docking bay he finds Odin and the Einherjar near the entrance to the bay.*

Vidar: Father you need to hurry, I'll carry the injured warrior get the ship ready for launch.

*Past Odin nods in affirmation and runs to a shuttle followed by the Einherjar. Vidar picks up the wounded one and follows the group*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 10-18-2002, 03:36 PM   #377
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*The Revenant turns to the party*

I will see the destruction of this station...I will take it to the outer rim....

promise me, Rwos. Promise me you'll do the right thing...

Now Go!

Old 10-18-2002, 04:11 PM   #378
Cmdr. Cracken
Disciple of Megatron

Current Game: Starcraft II,College
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
(OOS: Deac, i'm trying to KILL MY CHARACTER.... so......... i guess you can help. )

*Cracken nods, and accepts the help. he points to the console next to his*
I'm bringing up the Hyperspace control console now, i think the Reshii Maze should be sufficiant distance, and there is nothing there.

I'll keep the Imperial anti-hackers out of our way.

Cmdr. Cracken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2002, 07:24 PM   #379
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

damnit if i cant have the current Irvine in here at an altered time, at least ill intro him for C8

*While on Raynor II, the site for the CS: II, Irvine walks slowy down corridors, then comes running an officer whom claims to ahve important news to Irvine.*

Officer: "My Lord, we have just recieved news that the Crimson Star's Self Destruct mechansium has been activated, and has been deactivated sometime later, there could be a Rebel like force trying to capture the Crimson Star for their own purposes..."

Irvine: "I don't care about the Crimson Star."

Officer: "Your father is aboard, and might be executed!"

Irvine: "I hate my father, you should have known that by now..."

Officer: "Um, yes my lord. But don't you think that you have the responsibility of taking care of the matter? The Crimson Star II is almost in full working operation."

Irvine: "Ha! My responibilty? To help someone who abandoned me when I was only but a mere child? BAH! He could at least taken me with him. Could have been good for propaganda, at least i would have hated him less... Is my shuttle ready?"

Officer: "I still dont see why you want to leave alone, what if..."

Irvine: "It's my descision alone. I can pilota ship just fine. Don't disobey my orders. Even if they aren't in the best interests."

Officer: "Yes, My Lord."

*The officer turns around and heads off the opposite direction. When Irvine is all alone again, he can't help but say...*

Irvine: "Yes, follow my directions blindly, while your deaths shall be upon you all soon,... ha ha ha"

this is what really happend for both holocuast and 'safed' timelines

Old 10-18-2002, 09:56 PM   #380
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((wow, Irvine seems more vicious than he lets on to the group in the Holocaust thread. How interesting ^_~))

Rwos: *hesitates for a moment* Very well. *to Ken'atra* Keep your mind clear. *Rwos touches the Time Matrix, and is staggered backward by an instant flash of light. He feels magic flowing back, filling him up dizzingly, bringing an almost euphoric feeling. He looked down. His teleporter was back.*

It is done. The links have been broken.

((OOS: The rest of you would just feel heightened senses/Force powers again - Rwos, unlike you, had the link to his powers taken away))

Old 10-18-2002, 10:39 PM   #381
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Irvine presses button on remote detonator, to blow up the relays on the artifcal sunlight mirrors around the fake planet.
Next Irvine presses another button on a detonator for themal detonators for all life pods and radation suit rooms. Then Irvine presses a button on a third remote detonator for thermal detonaors leaking out desaterious radiation. All from orbit.*

Irvine smiling: "Heh heh heh, too easy, pathetic little mind less worms, too bad no one knows that i even exsist... huh? Agh!"

*Irvine feels great pain from the people whom he killed*

Irvine: 'Oh no! What have i done! ugh! Errrrrr' "...AHHHHH!!! THEY ALL DESURVED IT!!!" *huff* *huff*

*Irvine hunched over, grabing the console, suddenly relises that he's several light years away already, on the preset course in hyperspace, that he'd should have been an hour later...*

events here should at least bring out a little wave through the force (pain and anger, by crew of CSII, then anger by Irvine)

Last edited by Kuuki; 10-19-2002 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-19-2002, 01:40 PM   #382
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Final Post!!!!

Revenant: The links are broken? Then for you, this is over....

*A golden being appear, who only the Revenant recognises, but the others guess that this is one of the Aeges*

Furro?

Furro: Indeed, it is I. The contest is over, Starkiller. We won. The timeline is saved, and it is corrected. You never died, you *points at Revenant* never died again, and all is right again.
This also means that Starr Hallifire is still alive, and that the Avatars are back in the planes.

You are to go back to that Cantina you all like, and as for you, Cracken, you and Starr have a great luxury:

Your descisions are your own...

And so the party arrive back in the cantina....

The End

?

Old 10-19-2002, 06:09 PM   #383
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

bout damn time there Deac :P
how about ending the first part of holocuast thread, cus i dotn think superthwarn will be comming back soon...
Old 10-19-2002, 06:28 PM   #384
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((OOS: Excellent ending Deac - Poor Rwos, he had a long laborious plan of action prepared, and he didn't realize all he had to do was touch the Time Matrix. I find that ironic.

It *is* what the Drode (Creature) implied at the end of C6, however. So there ya go.

Fin.))

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Role Playing > The Canitna 7: Fight For the Future