lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Force powers you would like to see/wish were in Jedi Outcast.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-06-2002, 08:07 AM   #41
Vaper1701

I would like to see a force sense power, like whats others have mentioned were you could sense or see enemies or have some kind of danger sense, like what Obi-wan and Qui-gon sensed when the ship blew up at the start of ep1, but in the game have it like a colored red haze for bad guys and a green or blue haze for good guys but have it not able to pinpoint exactly were the other character is, just a close aproximation.......

Also another power that would be good would a slight direction controll when falling, like in episode II when Obi-wan is hanging on that wire after his encounter with Jango fet, how he swings toward the platform without any prior momentum, the ability to fall straight down and wing into a chosen direction......

And lastly this idea isn't really a force power but have a block controll were your character moves his saber to block lightning from being thrown from enemies, its beened mentioned in this forum already but I think this controll should be available but to jedi knights and high not padawan's.........

If thier is a way to create new force abilities that would be awesome especially if thier was some kind of editor......
Vaper1701 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2002, 12:29 PM   #42
Jedi Spy
Banned

U should be able to levitate ur self /meditate then use levitate force power and float about as the yoda model oh man that would be so cool

Well im sure there could always be away, we're best talking to Dest or Artifex and decide what powers (if any) are achievable with some kind of 'ForceMod' <---copyrighted j/k

/Spy
Jedi Spy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2002, 03:35 PM   #43
endpoint

you could replace the choke power with a 'tear' power - e.g it lifts somebody up like choke then you move your hands in different directions - ripping the bloke in half...wierd huh?

..but possible i think.
endpoint is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2002, 10:19 PM   #44
Darth Vicious

Couple more ideas. Names ripped off of the RPG.

Sever force - A force ability which temporarily cuts off your opponent from using any of his force powers. (with the exception of saber ones, not including saber throw)

Battlemind - increases your combat speed and damage without the distortion force speed gives you.

And yes, i crave for the return of force destruction, dammit.
Darth Vicious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2002, 09:45 AM   #45
patchx

Location: fiery depths of hell sticking my pitch fork thru the guy who voiced jar jar's head
force seeing in sp woulda made it too easy

but they could done it so that u only saw their exact position when u were further into the game and better at force stuff
until then u just had a hazy light in their general direction that suggested someone might be there

a cool new force power would've been force posess wher u could posess someones body in mp and make them jump off stuff etc but ur body was vulnerable while u were doin it and force seeing could negate it

-patch
patchx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2002, 12:38 PM   #46
Chewie Bakker

Lightbulb Force Powers

Now you may call me a looney, but...

I would have liked to've seen Force Sight boosted a bit, and maybe made into a Force Awareness. The more points you add to it the better the player's reaction to attacks and Force attacks. Maybe something like:
1) Deflects shots better in a 180 degree arc.
2) Deflects shots better in a 270 degree arc.
3) Deflects shots better in a 360 degree arc.
Perhaps each with certain zones that are better defended...

The influence of AOTC makes me want to see Absorb have the following effects (per star/point):
1) Blocks lightning with the lightsaber (Obi-Wan style). If no lightsaber active player absorbs via normal means at a slight penalty (perhaps lower Force regeneration).
2) Blocks lightning normally with Full Force regeneration (JK/JK2 Style)
3) Regenerates Force partially, and partially reflects it back in the general direction of the caster (Yoda style).

...I'm a looney.

The Force will be with you always.

"Chewie" Bakker
Chewie Bakker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2002, 08:29 AM   #47
Zedar

Nice ideas here
This grip of yours that could grip the opponents ankle or some other spot would be really cool And maybe it would break his ankle (if used at the ankle) so it would be harder to move
And of course the thing that Yoda does in Ep2. We could send the lightningnoobs' lightning back at them
Heh

Fear is the way to the dark side....fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate......leads to suffering!
Zedar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2002, 08:46 AM   #48
Zedar

And of course we need throw and force levitate (like Yoda in ESB)

Fear is the way to the dark side....fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate......leads to suffering!
Zedar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2002, 08:26 PM   #49
Samuel Dravis

DESTRUCTION!
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2002, 01:47 AM   #50
TheWhiteRaider
White as Snow.

A great way reflect. The way that it could absorb anything, but still have draw backs are.

1. You have to stay still
2. It takes more force power to absorb more shots

I think there should be more counters to Destruct if you add it.
It was to powerful in JK and MOTS. The force jump then point down was spamed too much. Even worse that the back stabers. Though as far as I know Lucas Arts didn't Nerf it yet.

Just because I don't know something doesn't mean I'm stupid. It means you failed to tell me.
TheWhiteRaider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2002, 12:51 AM   #51
Clone_1102A

Id like to see Force Block (like Vader did on Bespin in ESB, blocked a bolt with his hand) it you would be able to block 100% of all weaponry fire for maybe 10 seconds

Yoda - "Fight Like A Clone"

errr...ok
Clone_1102A is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2002, 01:21 AM   #52
Jedi Spy
Banned

Artifex and Dest are you there? Help the good community of jk2 and create us a 'ForceMod (c)'
Jedi Spy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2002, 03:33 AM   #53
Rocketman

i also would have liked some way to see in the dark without having to have a light amplifier. cuz in sp its like "want to evade a jedi? just turn out the lights!"

it would have been cool if you could mind trick an at-st driver to do your bidding.
Rocketman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2002, 03:34 AM   #54
.:Silver:.

If somebody has said this already please disregard. Battle meditation, where you make two players fight each other. Two on level one, four on level two and 6 on level 3. Of course there would have to be some sort of counter to this as well.

Noob you are. Die you will.
.:Silver:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Force powers you would like to see/wish were in Jedi Outcast.