lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: indiana jones and the fate of atlantis
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-23-2002, 06:46 AM   #1
StaticHR

indiana jones and the fate of atlantis

how to pass that stone puzzle in the crete? i looked at plato's lost dialouge but I don't know how to set the stones. can anyone help me?
StaticHR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2002, 08:42 AM   #2
nd

The exact stone's position is always different with each game so I cannot tell you how to arrange the stones in your case.

However, I remember that to open the gate to Atlantis you first arrange the stones as pointed out in Plato's lost dialogue, but then you have to turn each stone 180 degrees (reversed).

I hope this helps. Didn't play that game for a long time.
nd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2002, 01:26 PM   #3
Hoowl

Quote:
Originally posted by nd
However, I remember that to open the gate to Atlantis you first arrange the stones as pointed out in Plato's lost dialogue, but then you have to turn each stone 180 degrees (reversed).
The entrance only yields itself to contrary minds.

The Answer is in the Dialogue. If your not sure, post what it says about the arrangement needed to get into the colonies and we'll try and tell you the arrangement.
Hoowl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2002, 05:50 AM   #4
StaticHR

okay guys plato's lost dialouge says: "... was required as well with the rising sun breaking night's grip above the fiery peak." that's what is says in the book. so now what? How to set them?
Old 08-25-2002, 06:50 AM   #5
Hoowl

The extract you posted lookes like the bit needed later on as it details the positions of the sunstone, moonstone and worldstone. I think you may need to look at an ealier passage. How many stones do you currently have?

I'll load up the game and try and post something more useful on here this afternoon.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:16 AM   #6
Hoowl

OK, by now you should have the sunstone and the moonstone. You have to arrange them as suggested in the section of the dialogue that mentions the greater colonie. I'm not sure if this is the same as the section you have written up.

"... was required as well with the rising sun breaking night's grip above the fiery peak."

The passage you have quoted i think is the one about approaching atlantis itself. It suggests a rising sun on the sunstone, a waning moon (i think) on the moonstone and a volcano on the worldstone.
Old 08-25-2002, 02:36 PM   #7
StaticHR

I have all three stones. I'm in a room with a model of atlantis (or some colony). What I said earlier is correct (quote). I think I have already entered greater colony. Now I'm about to enter Atlantis. Now what???
Old 08-25-2002, 02:38 PM   #8
StaticHR

Oh and i forgot- i did set volcano, rising sun and waning moon. No good. What was that thing about rotation. I said where am I so what to do?
Old 08-25-2002, 04:33 PM   #9
Hoowl

From the quote it seems that the volcano and rising sun must be correct. Therefore, set the rising sun and volcano to the top and the try the four different moon positions and see if any of them come off.

The thing about the rotation is later on when you reach atlantis intself. You use this final arrangement but rotated through 180 degrees, see the contrary (opposite) minds section in the dialogue.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:19 AM   #10
StaticHR

Hey man I tried that but I didn't work. I'm really helpless. Can you give me your e-mail and I'll send you my savegame so you can try?
Old 08-27-2002, 03:02 AM   #11
StaticHR

Oh c'mon guys I wanna pass this game. Please help me out.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:14 AM   #12
Hoowl

I think you'll find that if you check your private messages i've already given you my e-mail address.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > IndyJones.net > General Discussion > Strategy / Hints Discussion > indiana jones and the fate of atlantis