lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Forcemod 2 Beta Feedback
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-04-2003, 02:38 AM   #41
Azymn

Azmier - I'm not sure i'm going to be leaving the model cap fix in...it may be causing unseen problems elsewhere (like limiting the # of maps that can load). It will require more extensive testing before it can be decidedly released.
I'll knock a few points off of ForceSpeed costs for beta 2 and see what everyone thinks.

Quote:
1. Make saber style (stances) bind-able, instead of forcing us to cycle through them
Hmm...the biggest problem with that is how many binds there are already. It could be done, but taking up 5 more buttons might not be agreeable to others. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Quote:
2. Make Force Jump's initial accent really, really fast like the movies (perhaps with the same motion-blur fx as Force Speed)
I'll look into it.

Quote:
3. Un-cheat protect cg_thirdpersonrange (okay I know that's my own personal pet project, but it's really really cool - trust me! )
I've seen the effect...but it's better left cheat protected b/c it gives a huge advantage to your vision if you zoom out.

Quote:
4. Alter the included tckmodel.cfg so that Yoda's height is more accurate to the movies ("yoda" 0.40 0.34)
Hehe, i wish i could tell you how many people complained about the last forcemod where i released yoda at 0.37 height (which is accurate according to starwars.com) and asked to make him bigger: 0.55 if i remember right. I figure 0.47 is a good compromise, no? And you can actually hit him once or twice at that height

Azymn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2003, 02:43 AM   #42
Littleman206

One annoying thing....

Whats with all the saber colours? I cant stand desann with that purple and tavion with the aqua-thing! And why's he got double bladed saber!? Maul doesnt even have the "remove line fr normal saber crap" why the hell does some retarded dinosaur? Again, reborn with green shadow trooper with aqua-turquoise ****! Sith's should have red's oranges etc, jedi have the green's and purple's! Sorry about that i just get really, really worked up by small things.
Awesome mod though and i reckonm that idea for Saber defence replacing throw is really good! It just makes sense! What kinda tool throws his defense at the enemy? How many cops tak off there kevlar and throw it? Because its the same thing, well more or less anyway.
Quick idea, how about you make it so you can ONLY use your favourite weapon(double, dual or single), or to be a little less cruel animations are slowed down when using something other than it. So your favourite gets an added bonus of damage AND speed.
Finally the exmoves mod i got rules! Looks cool when Jedi are doin cartwheels and flips, unfotunately mercs look like tools. IF you could some how get it so mercs do normal rolls where as Jedi do flips it would be great. By the way it also changes idle stances to look cooler.
Littleman206 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2003, 04:47 AM   #43
KaiaSowapit

Quote:
Hmm...the biggest problem with that is how many binds there are already. It could be done, but taking up 5 more buttons might not be agreeable to others. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Well you don't have to remove the ability to cycle, just add the option of being able to bind a stance. No one would have to assign them to a bind if they didn't want to. Personally I only use a couple stances (sometimes just one), so it's a real pain to have to cycle through them just to get to my favorites.
Quote:
I'll look into it.
I don't know if or how it would affect gameplay, but for coolness factor alone... wow, you know it would look cool!
Quote:
I've seen the effect...but it's better left cheat protected b/c it gives a huge advantage to your vision if you zoom out.
It does increase your range of vision, but somewhat at the expense of accuracy. Is it still an advantage if everyone can do it? I guess I'm fond of a more distant setting because it's the closest thing to giving the player periphial vision - it also gives the game a more "cinematic" feel. Just like timescale, IMHO it seems like a lil bit of overkill to have to resort to devmap in order to alter this. I mean it's not like evoking "god" mode.
Quote:
Hehe, i wish i could tell you how many people complained about the last forcemod where i released yoda at 0.37 height (which is accurate according to starwars.com) and asked to make him bigger: 0.55 if i remember right. I figure 0.47 is a good compromise, no? And you can actually hit him once or twice at that height
Hehee, I suppose you're right! He is a heck of a lil bugger to hit even at 0.55. (Although the bots still somehow seem to manage quite well.) Usually live opponents will either change into a Yoda skin themselves or ask you to switch to a larger model. (BTW, on most servers I've been to, somehow Jawas are even smaller... go figure?!) I guess I'm a lil hung up on continuity - it bugs me to see people jetpacking who aren't using Fett skins too.

Littleman206, I don't think Azymn is responsible for the color choices in the config - I think they were set up long ago by the maker of JediMod or perhaps even Tchouky himself. Either way, it just takes a little editing in your favorite text editor to fix (private message me if you need any help).

I gotta agree with you and Master_Payne though... I always thought Saber Throw was kinda a cheap move. It's especially a pain when sabers keep getting stuck in mid-air. Rather silly I think.

Well I have a boat load more of ideas (some of them are even good too ), but I'm trying to hold back a lil before overwhelming Syrup.

Keep up the great work! This mod is shaping up to be the very best ever!

And thanks again for the opportunity to beta test! You're the bomb!
KaiaSowapit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2003, 04:55 AM   #44
Littleman206

Yeah i know, but....

Yeah i know i can edit the sabre colours and such, but as far as i know i have to edit the pk3 meaning i cant play online then because mine is different. And yeah i know that he didnt set it but considering how easy it is to change, why not change it? FYI I'm pretty sure its been like that since jedimod v1.1.
and yeah sorry about putting all these ideas in this thread, just I tend to ramble on alot.
By the way this mod is AWESOME and i reckon your idea to add in two more powers ROCKS! Great work again and thank you for getting me back into this game!, p.s may aswell have it come with ep2 weapons just so we get jango usin his OWN guns sorry rambling again.
Littleman206 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2003, 06:03 AM   #45
KaiaSowapit

Quote:
as i know i have to edit the pk3 meaning i cant play online then because mine is different.
I've changed it and I've never had a problem playing online.

I think it's only an issue with "pure" servers anyways, which in my experience are pretty rare when it comes to anything but vanilla JK2. But your mileage may vary. Try it and see what happens - just keep a backup.

BTW (as you prolly already know) the ep2 weapons are already available as a mod (and work just fine with ForceMod). I'd rather Azymn didn't include them, if for no other reason just to keep the download size reasonable. OmniMod does this with about a zillion useless hilt models and bulks up the file with +6mb of cr@p. That's a major pain if you ask me - especially if you already have all those mods in the first place.

I said I wouldn't do this, but just to stay on topic...

More suggestions (okay, these are some big ones):

Jedi/Sith...

1. Force Heal
a. allow it for both sides, light & dark
b. make it a passive power, slowly regenerating health over time (rate determined by cvar) - does not drain Force points
c. make it also an active power - allow players to evoke it to immediately raise health by 50% or more, but at the expense of nearly their entire Force Meter (75%) - this could double for (replace) Team Heal as well

2. Force Grip (choke), Drain, Lightning, Speed, Saber Throw, Push, & Pull
a. limit effective range/duration (determined by cvar)
b. make them powerful but grossly expensive in Force points; e.g.: a single Force Push nearly completely drains the Force Meter (75%)

3. Force Jump
a. completely free - does not drain Force points (create cvar to determine maximum jump height)

4. Mind Trick
a. massively drains Force Meter, yet remains effective indefinitely until the player attacks/extends saber
b. the Force Meter does not regenerate while in effect

5. Saber skills
a. limit 2 "styles" or "stances" per type of saber use (single saber, dual saber & double bladed saber - pick the most aesthetically pleasing animation for the type of saber use)
c. define the two "styles" as "defensive" and "offensive"
i. "Defensive" - the quickest, most acrobatic and most effective in blocking, parrying and blaster deflection - less effective in overt attacking (though still potentially quite lethal)
ii. "Offensive" - extremely lethal - should kill in one or two successful hits, yet slower and less effective in blocking, parrying and blaster deflection (perhaps only against targets immediately in crosshairs) - also each click of the attack button drains the Force Meter & attacks while in this stance are dependent on having available Force points (amount of drain determined by cvar) - make this bind-able and it could be a real kick @ss replacement for alt-fire

6. Limit class to sabers only and no "power ups" such as health or shields.

7. Find a better animation for Force Sight - maybe the "glow" from Force Boon or Force Enlightenment (that yellow mess is an eyesore) - I'm not very fond of the treatments for Force Protect or Force Absorb either (maybe they could "glow" too or just simply be turned off?)

8. A saber/blaster shot to the noggin should always be fatal - end of story

Whew, almost 5am... geesh time for bed already!
Old 03-04-2003, 06:57 PM   #46
mariners2001

oh by the way, i found out the map limit was around 55 - it's always been like that though. i do not think your fixing the model limit had any effect. you should definitely leave the model fix on. it's soo much better now. also, is it possible to block the lightning/drain without absorb on?

also, any chance of ledge grabbing? hehe...this feature would make the mod for me.

Skin Projects: (click on the links provided to download the files or view the current progress)
Emperor Palpatine: Completed
Jerec: Completed
Raas Avlow: Completed, but being redone
Mara Jade: Completed, but being redone which is nearly complete, New Mara WIP
Anakin Skywalker: Completed
Count Dooku: Done, not released
Ibtisam (Mon Calamari model) normal and rogue flight suit: Pending release
Talon Karrde: Completed
Rock Fisto (Kit Fisto model): Never released

E-mail me if you'd like to see or try one of these skins that I've not yet released.
Also, if you have an idea for a skin for me to make (Star Wars based preferably), please e-mail me with that idea and I'll take it under consideration for a future project.
mariners2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2003, 08:20 AM   #47
KaiaSowapit

Somewhat off topic, but that silly Force Grip hand... is that a shader or code? I've been looking for the darn thing in assets and can't find it (thought I'd try to make some cosmetic changes to the Force Powers myself).

BTW, RenegadeOfPhunk is working on a mod for adding a "last man standing" mode to JK2 - could be awesome if it works with ForceMod! Maybe you two could collaborate?
Old 03-05-2003, 08:26 AM   #48
RenegadeOfPhunk

I personally would be very interested in making a combined mod - specifically with ForceMod. (I would be willing to merge all the code changes myself...)

But I think the idea might be more viable once I actually release my first version - so people can actually see it in action...

/* RenegadeOfPhunk */

OJP forums
OJP website - WIP

Movie Battles!
RenegadeOfPhunk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2003, 12:11 PM   #49
Master_Payne

I'd love to see a fusion between ForceMod and LMS classes, specially for the saber code of the last one maybe for ForceMod 3.0 so we can play both Mods first an you may call it "Best Mod Ever Done" :P
Well thats all, now back to the shadows.
Master_Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2003, 01:00 PM   #50
Bogus

Lightbulb testing and stuff

LOOKS GREAT

i take it your fed up with testing requests so ill just wait until you release the public beta. unless it is gonne take like 12 days

as for multiplayer. will any feature work in single player like the dual pistols because i see great modding posibilitys. like bounty hunter the jk2 mod. you get to be a merc and hunt people in coruscant and stuff. as well it would just be fun to shoot troopers with dual blaster and fly and stuff.

when can we expect another test run or a public beat?

Bogus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2003, 06:11 PM   #51
Azymn

Quote:
oh by the way, i found out the map limit was around 55 - it's always been like that though. i do not think your fixing the model limit had any effect. you should definitely leave the model fix on. it's soo much better now. also, is it possible to block the lightning/drain without absorb on?

also, any chance of ledge grabbing? hehe...this feature would make the mod for me.
I'll leave the model limit cap off until i hear of further problems.
You should be able to block lightning right now (if i remember which code is in beta 1), but for sure in beta 2 - pure saber users block with their lightsaber.

Quote:
that silly Force Grip hand... is that a shader or code?
Code using generic shaders. Copies the arm model, applies shaders to it. Even adds hilts/gun models in left hand to the graphic.

Quote:
will any feature work in single player
Nay, no singleplayer modification available.

Quote:
BTW, RenegadeOfPhunk is working on a mod for adding a "last man standing" mode to JK2 - could be awesome if it works with ForceMod! Maybe you two could collaborate?
Renegade and i have been discussing possibilities.

Quote:
when can we expect another test run or a public beta?
I'm planning on releasing closed beta 2 this Saturday, if all goes well. The first public release will hopefully be bug-free, so no public betas.
The beta has helped immensely with bug-finding and such.
Thanks again everybody.

Old 03-05-2003, 08:25 PM   #52
KaiaSowapit

Okay, last suggestion for awhile...

Implement an in-game function for servers/admins to designate which clients/bots/skins have access to Merc/Jedi features such as jetpack, dual guns, sabers, and force powers. Also hook it to a cfg file, either a new or existing one (like tckmodel.cfg), to allow off-line editing.

Thus, anal-retentive people like me can control who has access to what, online and offline.

Quote:
Code using generic shaders. Copies the arm model, applies shaders to it.
Argh, it figures. I swear that's one of the silliest things Raven added to the game. Reason enough to use ForceMod alone!

Quote:
Renegade and i have been discussing possibilities.
Woohoo!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 10:07 PM   #53
Mace_Windu21

Beta tester

I was wondering if I could be a beta tester? Before you answer
that, I will tell you how obsessed I am with Forcemod. I love Forcemod 1.0 so much I played only that mod since the day it came out! I haven't even d/l any other mods, because Forcemod is the Ultamate! I have prayed for the day 2.0 would come out, I even tried to make my own V2.0, though it ended in disaster, I would do pretty much anything to even beta test it! So please consider me for a beta tester! Thank you.

My E-mail: Bit_Cloud21@yahoo.com
Mace_Windu21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2003, 10:58 PM   #54
boinga1
Pimpin' ain't easy

you're too late, man...way too late.
boinga1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2003, 10:25 AM   #55
Deathride

The only problems i had when beta testing were...

my comp crashes

and for some odd reason in nar sharrda streets yoda and boba fett had a everlasting battle on the the bottom of the map(where if u fall their you die)

good work otherwise but was wondering if it it possible if u could make it so u can zoom in on the sniper rifle when wearing the goggles.
Deathride is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2003, 10:55 AM   #56
Mace_Windu21

Forcemod 2.0

I don't care if I am too late to be a beta tester, could you at least send me the beta version so I can try it out? Forcemod is awsome; I don't care if i'm not an official beta tester, I just want to try it.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:33 AM   #57
Bogus

okay

Cool, You answered my questions

THUS, I have more,Only one though

when will the first public release come?

please be soon

and again my applause for doing such a great job

Bogus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2003, 12:02 PM   #58
Azmier

Alrighty I got one more suggestion.

I was wondering if it is possible to add more emotes to the game. Kinda like the ones they have in Xmod, Adminmod, and JA mod. Anyways I just thaught it would be cool. Anyways keep up the great work. Mod is looking great.
Azmier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2003, 12:34 PM   #59
Deathride

One more thing I forgot to mention,

When creating a dedicated server Isearched for the server threw the forcemod filter it only picked up forcemod beta 1 not the current one. My server wasn t on the list, yet i found it because i knew the name of the server to make sure it was a forcemod v2.0 beta and it was. You should check on this Azymn.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 PM   #60
Mace_Windu21

Forcemod

I was wondering if in Forcemod 2.0, if you could be a bounty hunter and a jedi at the same time (use force powers and bounty hunter items at the same time)? If you can't you should be able to, for skins that apply to both (like my custom skin, not released to the public) I like being a person that is an ex-jedi, that is now a bounty hunter. If you can't be both please make it possible. Thnaks. Also can you e-mail me the most recient beta, just to see what it's like. Thanks!
My E-mail is: Bit_Cloud21@yahoo.com
Old 03-06-2003, 06:44 PM   #61
bliv

It's possible that Azymn will include a cvar for this but it is rather unlikely. Merc equipment should be viewed as an alternative to Force powers.

When choosing your model/saber hilt you also choose your class. Jedi or Merc (if the cvar is enabled). So no you can't be both.
bliv is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2003, 08:44 PM   #62
Mace_Windu21

Forcemod

Isn't anyone going to send me the beta? (probobly not :-( ) Please someone, anyone send me the beta, and you will be the ULTIMATE HERO OF THE 21st CENTURY! Thank you! My E-mail is: Bit_Cloud21@yahoo.com
Old 03-06-2003, 09:49 PM   #63
Azymn

Deathride - The Yoda vs Boba battle at the bottom should be fixed, and hopefully your computer won't crash with this next release either. The goggles aren't suppose to work with the scope, that will stay the same. And beta will be able to find other forcemod 2 betas online (though there shouldn't be more than about 40 total).

Bogus - Umm...dunno yet. We'll see after beta 2 has been out for a while.

Azmier - adding more emotes is unlikely, sorry

Mace_Windu21 - bliv is right: the mercs are a separate class and will remain as such. Someone else was developing a jedi bounty hunter mod, you'll have more luck there. Oh...and i added you to the list to test beta 2 when you first posted, so keep your pants on.

Old 03-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #64
KaiaSowapit

(slips pants back on and does best Yoda laugh...)

Hoo hoo hee hee ha ha!

Old 03-07-2003, 04:27 AM   #65
mariners2001

Quote:
(slips pants back on and does best Yoda laugh...)
um....

oh and by the way, i found the code for f_saberlockmod and f_mercdismember ....what do these do? does saberlock do that sticky thing I talked about earlier? i put it on 2 and i saw a bit of a difference...

Skin Projects: (click on the links provided to download the files or view the current progress)

E-mail me if you'd like to see or try one of these skins that I've not yet released.
Also, if you have an idea for a skin for me to make (Star Wars based preferably), please e-mail me with that idea and I'll take it under consideration for a future project.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:54 PM   #66
bliv

I think mercdismember gives the merc a chance to shoot an arm off an opponent or something like that.
bliv is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2003, 07:46 PM   #67
Azymn

bliv's right about f_mercdismember: you have to be using the disruptor and do quite a bit of damage, but you'll shoot through limbs if it's on.

There are a number (probably a dozen or so) of cvars for features i had planned on adding, but have not due to time. f_saberlockmod is one of them.

Old 03-07-2003, 09:10 PM   #68
Mace_Windu21

Beta test question

(Slips pants back on and sighs)
Thank for putting me on the beta test list, Azymn! But when is the beta going to be released for me to test? And where and/or how do I get it? .....
Please post back soon...
Old 03-07-2003, 09:31 PM   #69
mariners2001

he said earlier it'd probably be tomorrow (saturday). the first beta was received through e-mail and with a link.

Old 03-08-2003, 12:57 AM   #70
Deathride

if anyone feals like playing online the beta if you have the beta i ll try to run a server for this version for a couple hours... also if you want check out this link to a band peace

http://www.crossbreedmusic.com/redir...?sn=gogozombie
Old 03-08-2003, 01:01 AM   #71
Deathride

Its called Forcemod 2 beta
Old 03-08-2003, 01:04 AM   #72
Deathride

the name is Forcemod 2 testing
Old 03-08-2003, 01:17 AM   #73
Deathride

also....
Azymn in the next update can u set the amount of ammo per gun up to about 500 instead of 300.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:49 AM   #74
Azymn

Deathride, don't feel bad if noone joins. You shouldn't be able to make public servers until you have beta 2 - i added the ability to find other beta2 servers in it.

I'll boost the ammo limit, but lemme know if this skews the balance.

Mace_Windu21 - Didn't you just put 'em back on?

Old 03-08-2003, 12:24 PM   #75
Mace_Windu21

Beta

No, Azymn, that was KaiaSowapit that put his pants back on.
And the beta should be released sometime today, according to
mariners2001, so that is sweet! Hope it's soon!
(Sitting, tapping fingers, waiting for it to come.)
Old 03-08-2003, 01:44 PM   #76
Wamprat013

Great mod my friend, i feel honored to be chosen to test it.

the only bug i experienced is that bots were indestructable for some reason in some games even if they fell off a cliff
As for improvements
First off, i dont like the gappleing hook, i know its unfinished but it needs to be more practical.
Next, holding down jump to use jet pack isnt as good as origonal way. just pressing jump was better. also, the old takeoff and landing sound was cool too.
make flame thrower cost less, same with lightning, especially lev 4.
speed in its upper levels is almost worthless due to lack of control. so i suggest for speed to work like max payne bullett time. its makes everything look slow to you but to everyone else your moveing really fast.

otherwise this is the single best mod for jk2 so far, hands down. thank you for your wonderful contribution to the community!

"Be excellent to eachother, and Party on, Dudes!"

"There are only 2 rules you need to know to have a good life:
1) Be excellent to eachother.
2) Party on, dudes!!"
Wamprat013 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2003, 02:30 PM   #77
Deathride

for the ammo limit you should boost the ammo for mainly the blasters
Old 03-08-2003, 04:02 PM   #78
Wamprat013

i like the more ammo idea
another bug i found is sometime you spontansously become invunerable, often, actually, u dont even die if you fall into a pit, bots do it too, i think it happens moer often when ur a merc, thats y merc bots get more kills

"There are only 2 rules you need to know to have a good life:
1) Be excellent to eachother.
2) Party on, dudes!!"
Wamprat013 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2003, 04:09 PM   #79
mariners2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Azymn
I'm planning on releasing closed beta 2 this Saturday, if all goes well. The first public release will hopefully be bug-free, so no public betas.
The beta has helped immensely with bug-finding and such.
Thanks again everybody.

Old 03-08-2003, 10:27 PM   #80
mariners2001

Two things I noticed about Beta 2:
*Grapple is messed up with cord going in wrong directions and still no hook, retracting, detracting.
*Scope stays on after changing weapons

Looks great otherwise though! It looks greatly improved!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Beta Testing > Forcemod 2 Beta Feedback