lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Forcemod 2 Beta Feedback
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-11-2003, 06:43 PM   #121
bliv

In the screens the flamethrower is accessed using the 'next force power' & 'use force power' hotkeys. It's not actually a weapon. In beta one it wasn't bound to any keys.
bliv is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2003, 09:20 PM   #122
Wamprat013

First, in responce to Syrup, it's the new Tck mod I am using, that came with beta 2, it gets overruled by the standard saber color. If it do it from the main menu, the Tck sabers notice dosn't appear in place of the standard color menu, and if I set my tck sabers to green and blue, and the standard one is red, my sabers are red.

Next, it's not that saber throw is too strong, it's that mercs are more defenceless than jedi. Jedi have a Really good passive way of defence, their saber, and the only way of penetrateing it is like a rocket or hitting them in back, etc. Mercs should have somthing like this to defray their use of shield regen, becuase its just kinda slow. I suggest a Merc gaget thats somthing like the shield gun from Unreal Tournament 2003, it projcts a shield in front of you (that you can aim w/ crosshairs) for as long as your battery holds up, or until you let off the key. It should be large enough to protect your torso and head, but not too big. You should be able to aim it in any direction around you, up, down, left, and right, like you aim lightning or flamethrower. The problem is that Lucas arts designed the game so lightsaber would be best weapon by far, I am just trying to get the mercs a good fighting chance aganst powerful jedi. See the balance really is based upon if your have the force rank set low or high. "One with the force" is Really fun but mercs have a slim chance aganst a bunch of good players with Yoda-level powers. Another reason the shield is good is rapid fire weapons like the repeater or the Blast rifle shoot a spread of shots that are hard to dodge especially with a Jango bot or sombody with good aim, the jedi ned not worry too much about this becuase of their saber defence, all they have to do is use their lightsaber specialty, and aim at the person, and their saber defence blocks all that punishment, the Merc shield should be about 5 secconds to drain a whole battery, long enough for a merc to run away, that way a merc dosn't have to be taking damage all the time and rechargeing. Mabie if you would replace the current shield wall pickup with the merc tool sheild it would be more balanced? I am just trying to make my point. Mabie you only give this gaget to heavy mercs? I think it will be a good addition to the game, balanceing not only Jedi v Merc combat, but Merc v Merc combat.

Finally, can you make the view in the optic goggles a little less dark? So you can see the terrain a little better; and estimate where wour target is, even if you dont know the map well. It would also help to know if they were behind a wall or not. Right now there just a little too dark to be very practical.

Once the grappleing hook is completely finished, the other merc gagets are optimized, the mercs should be able to hold their own aganst even the most powerful jedi.

(This is a long post, mabie I ramble too much? Anyway, I think the current title is good: "Force Mod II: The Mercs Strike Back". It's poetic and has a major Starwars Tie-in.)

"There are only 2 rules you need to know to have a good life:
1) Be excellent to eachother.
2) Party on, dudes!!"
Wamprat013 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2003, 10:05 PM   #123
darthmaul_541

Yea i agree with wamprat the mercs are WAY too defensless and i mean common they do have alot of amour but whenever someone is shooting at me and i run away they still have a good lock on me and even when i am flying they still shoot at me and my life drains like hell. I think the mercs shields should be alot bigger and last longer cuz they do have amour and lots pretty much covering thier whole body. Well anyway i need to go and watch LOTR:The fellowship of the ring exstended DVD with my bro so ttyl

"Pelko...Pelko on liittolaiseni"
- Darth Maul
Know what that says? Prove it!

Leijo Hoox is my star wars name

GO STRONGBAD! Check out StrongBad E-mail http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html
darthmaul_541 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2003, 10:14 PM   #124
Mace_Windu21

Suggestions

Posted by me earlier:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mace_Windu21
I think the following:
1. Have the mercs be able to jump a little higher, so they can at least get up a 2-foot wall. (even I can jump even higher, like 3-feet in the air)
2. Fix the grapple's look when it is attached to something, and have it pull you straight towords your target, not drag you on the ground until you jump, ect.
3. Mercs need some way, other than the jetpack, to get the jedi away from them. Add like a simple 1-button push that does like a kick or add a force power that stuns, or blinds the jedi for like 6 seconds so he/she can get away.
There you have it.
I still think those are good suggestions, but I also noticed that when you lock on to someone with the rocket launcher and fire, it never locks, it just fires straight. I also think you should be able to use the original saber colors, when you choose you thickness, you can turn that off, and use the standard ones.
Mace_Windu21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2003, 12:24 AM   #125
KaiaSowapit

Quote:
Does everyone else agree that saberThrow is too strong?
Personally I've never been a fan of saber throw. I think it's more a gimmick than anything - a cheap move. There's perhaps one brief moment in either ROTJ or ESB where Vader does something kinda like it, but not quite what we have in the game. That said, if you removed it from the mod, I'm sure there would be more people upset than when you made Yoda accurate in height. (How's that for irony? )

What if every time a saber was thrown it fell to the ground and deactivated after it collided with something or reached the apex of its flight - with a couple seconds delay (f_saberdroptime) before the Sith/Jedi could recall the hilt? In other words, take out the "boomerang" effect. Also, what about removing the ability to "steer" a thrown saber? I think players would be less likely to abuse saber throw if changes like these were made. But if nothing else, you could simply boost the drain on the Force meter.

Wamprat, although the feature you describe from Unreal Tournament 2003 sounds cool, it ain't Star Wars.

Quote:
3. Mercs need some way, other than the jetpack, to get the jedi away from them.
You can grapple, fly, run & cloak... honestly isn't that enough already? Mercs still have one huge advantage over sabers - ranged attack. Exploit it. Don't let the Jedi get near you. Don't stand still in one place.

I believe Mercs played appropriately are quite formidable, especially given all the goodies thrown in. I think they're hardly defenseless, but that's just my opinion.

This is blasphemy, but I'll dare mentioning one feature I like from OmniMod (ugh, OmniMod)...

Realism. Yeah nobody ever uses it, but it's really cool and goes a long way to improve game balance. Basically the old cvar from JediMod was revamped. This is from the readme.txt:
[SIZE=.5]
Code:
- skillmode changes

mod_skillmode 1 -- locational gun damage, Shield negates locational bonuses.

mod_skillmode 2 -- locational gun damage, with target falling if hit in leg. Shield negates locational bonuses.

- Realism Mode with Skillmode 1 or 2

mod_realism 1 -- instant death if hit in torso, head or back. Shield negates this to normal damage. Guns Only.

mod_realism 2 -- same as #1, with sabers doing the same.

mod_realism 3 -- same as #2, except shields dont stop sabers.
[/SIZE]
Essentially, one well-placed blaster shot to the noggin will take down a Jedi (or anyone for that matter), which is how I think it should be. Sabers are lethal, guns are lethal. It really raises the stakes of combat. Blindly rushing opponents is foolhardy - forcing players to use tactics. This, to me, makes more sense in relatively small battles among 8-16 players online.

Lastly, Force powers. I have a radical suggestion... drop the point system. In its place, allow players to choose 1-3 "primary" Force power(s) and several "secondary" ones from an in-game menu. For example:

Jedi Joe joins a server that allows him to pick 2 "primary" powers. He decides he wants to excel at Force Lightning and Force Grip. He is now a master of both. He also gets to choose 3 "secondary" powers. Joe goes with Force Jump, Saber Attack and Saber Throw. He's capable of using those powers, but by no means as proficient at them as his primary ones.

Just an idea to simplify the game and add a little more balance.

Last edited by KaiaSowapit; 03-12-2003 at 12:34 AM.
KaiaSowapit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2003, 12:55 AM   #126
Blue_Lightsaber

Okay I haven't played the mod long just noticed it in my mailbox, but I have noticed some bugs.

===BUGS===

The ever obvious grappling hook problem. Shoots an XYZ cord and doesn't work until you jump or move forward.

I've only played for a short time and this is all I have noticed so far. Ill report back once I gather more feedback and bugs.

- Some guy
Blue_Lightsaber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2003, 01:50 AM   #127
Azymn

Quote:
Could you make it so we could download different kinds of blades (flame, super, Jk1, etc.) and be able to select them like that?
You wouldn't just be able to cycle thru new ones, but if you renamed the new ones you could easily swap a new one in for one of the old ones. There will be more to pick from in the final beta.

Deathride - the classes will pretty much stay as is for this release.

Wamprat013 - make sure that the tck_saber cvar is 1 to use tck sabers. I'll change the battery regen rate on higher forceRank levels to try to compensate for the boost the jedi get, but remember that "One with the Force" is more of a cheat as it gives all forcepowers from both sides, stripping all jedi of their class and identity.

Everyone else think the goggles are too dark?

Mace_Windu21 - Keep trying with the rocket launcher. And the regular sabers won't get the thickness treatment because i'd have to do ~18 saberblade reskins (3 for each color), which probably isn't going to happen.

Quote:
...if you removed it from the mod, I'm sure there would be more people upset than when you made Yoda accurate in height. (How's that for irony? )
Too true.

KaiaSowapit - For now, I'll add more settings for mod_skillmode that boosts the damage taken to each area. The force power idea is good, but is a bit radical.

Azymn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2003, 03:01 AM   #128
lionknight

Thumbs up great mod

Excellent job on fixing those previous bugs, the most annoying things now in my opinion is the grapple, which I see is headed in the right direction with the new swing effect, and the bots need to be able to use the jetpack better. Is there a setting which makes the bots use the jetpack more often? and is jango the only one scripted to use it? Great job, really enjoying testing.
lionknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2003, 03:13 AM   #129
darthmaul_541

Well i just played it again and i saw that whenever I died by lightsaber (death by lightsaber lol) i ALWAYS got chopped up and dismemberd but whenever i killed someone else they would die in one piece whats up with that? I was also thinking how Jango Fett is alot like Micheal Sulivan (watch Road To Perdition if you dont know what im talking about) or also known as The Black Angel Of Death i think jango it alot like him cuz he is the baddest badass bounty hunter and he has boba that he treats like his own son so he has a kind side but then again he has a very dark side...anyway i cant attach files on lucasforums (dont know why) so i am posting a pic i made of jango at this address > http://forums.filesnetwork.com/showt...threadid=65519 <

- Darth Maul

Old 03-12-2003, 11:00 AM   #130
Bogus

time

seeing as dropping an email could work

here goes nothing: Floor_it@hotmail.com

If you dont mind you could send it to me because its seems like this is the thing to play (test)

I would love to help out and give constructive ideas

Cya

Bogus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2003, 12:49 PM   #131
Padawan_7

Quote:
Originally posted by KaiaSowapit
[B]Personally I've never been a fan of saber throw. I think it's more a gimmick than anything - a cheap move. There's perhaps one brief moment in either ROTJ or ESB where Vader does something kinda like it, but not quite what we have in the game.
Just for the sake of knowing, Vader does something similar to the saber throw in ROTJ and Dooku in AOTC actually throws his saber with more of a JKII style.

Dooku's saber throw is hard to see, but it's his saber throw that actually connects with his sail ship right after Yoda jumps on it (near the very end of their duel). I have the widescreen DVD version so I don't know if this is visible in the other versions.

To see it look at the very bottom right of the screen in that particular shot (and zoom in if you have the DVD ). Watching frame by frame you'll see (if I can remember it correctly) that the first part of the saber that enters the screen is Dooku's saber hilt with absolutely no hand gripping it! Then as you progress in the following frames you can see that the saber possesses a similar JKII 'boomerang' type spin as the blade spins around to hit the sail ship. Interesting huh?

My brother discovered that one as he watched the fight scenes in slow motion.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
- John 3:16
Padawan_7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2003, 03:03 PM   #132
darthmaul_541

well well well that sounds interesting....i think im gonna check it out later tonight.

- Darth Maul

Old 03-12-2003, 07:41 PM   #133
KaiaSowapit

Padawan_7, hehee I couldn't resist looking at my DVD also. I thought I knew the shot you were talking about during the duel with Yoda, but I was ready to eat my words.

Sorry, on closer inspection, Dooku's hand never leaves his saber - it's there, just very motion-blurred. You've got to watch frame-by-frame on a computer or high-def tv to see it, but it's there. The swiveling or "boomerang" type spin is just his natural style; he does it consistently throughout the fight.

On another note, watch Yoda's eyes - you can see Dooku's reflection in them. Very cool stuff!

Syrup, too radical to code or too radical for the fans to accept? Hehee.
(I'm not married to the idea, just curious.)
Old 03-12-2003, 08:07 PM   #134
Flamehart
The Commander

OK, just tried some more, got some more bugs.

1. Messed with the grapple for a bit, I found this weird error at the top of the screen when trying to walk or something when the grapple anchors.

2. Body is in weird position after releasing grapple, and walks that way for a few seconds before resuming normal posture.

3. Desann has a tendancy for throwing his purple doubleblade at me, but it freezes in the air after he throws it, not to mention Desann constantly has one of those floating drones around his head.

4. When using the Ep2Weapons mod that came with Omnimod2 (ugh), the Sniper rifle didnt seem to cloak fully when using it along with Cloaking on the Mercs.

That's all for now. Btw, pics from my last report are gone now because I had to take them off my family server so i could have space for these pics.
Flamehart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2003, 08:50 PM   #135
lionknight

Bot jetpack not responding

The bots seemed to use the jetpack in beta 1 but not in beta 2. Is this everyone or just me? Is there a different setting in the console for the bots to use the jetpack. I tried the menu option and I still can't get them to use the jetpack like in beta 1.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:01 PM   #136
Azymn

Quote:
Syrup, too radical to code or too radical for the fans to accept?
The fans man, the fans.

AOTJ_Craig - Thanks for the pics...they help. I'll get workin on those.

Quote:
The bots seemed to use the jetpack in beta 1 but not in beta 2. Is this everyone or just me?
I took out the botfiles that made all the bots mercs b/c they were causing crashes on a few people's systems. So only Jango Fett and Han Solo mercbots remain...you could add the other botfiles back in and see if it fixes what you're dealing with. Also, you should be able to just give a jetpack to all the mercbots thru the menus. Lemme know if this doesn't work.

Old 03-12-2003, 09:18 PM   #137
Flamehart
The Commander

Your welcome for the pics, Azymn, I'll see if I can find some more bugs, I'll continue posting pictures, but you might want to save them onto ur HD if you need them, because when i get a new batch of pictures they're going to be deleted from my server.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:05 PM   #138
darthmaul_541

Well i was playing against TK421's and they would use the jetpack. Also how the heck can i choose how many fire thrusts i want? Cuz i want 3 but i can never pick

- Darth Maul

Old 03-12-2003, 11:18 PM   #139
Azymn

Quote:
Also how the heck can i choose how many fire thrusts i want?
Jetpack menu or cf_jetpacktype cvar.

BTW - If any of you find ANY problems (misspellings/not working/looks funny) with the menus lemme know, because they're the final version now.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:58 AM   #140
lionknight

Smile It works now

I had to completly remove all the old mod files, I had removed all the old files in Jedioutcast/gamedata, but there are still some left in base folder (This will really screw up your day!). I removed those to and I reinstalled beta 2 and jango is kicking much ass with the jetpack now. I am going to test giving bobba fett a jetpack in the script to see what happens? This mod really blows all other mods out, the merc options give this game such a great depth. Darth_syrup do you think that the grapple will be able to be fixed? I see what you are trying to do with it, if it would function without bugs it would be a great addition. Is there any one running a server for beta 2? I don't know if it is a bug but I sometimes have a problem joining a game when the bots are already in place. It tells me I cannot switch teams within 5 seconds and it does not let me join, I have to kick the bots of and then restart and then add the bots again. I don't know if it has something to do with changeing from jedi to merc within the same game? Thanks
Old 03-13-2003, 01:41 PM   #141
Bogus

Thumbs up WOO!

I must say, after trying it out it is by far the best mod EVER for jk2

Having said that, there are a few MINOR details:

1) i cant seem to get the dual blasters to come up ( i havent tried the cvar yet so that may be it) but I was the right class

2) some teeny animation issues. the dual pistols are frozen (im guessing that cant be fixed) and while holding them in 3rd Person his arms look funny

3) my Merc menu has no descrtiptions it gives me ??? under all the icons (is it supposed to do that?)

4) MINOR MINOR detail: the flamethrower sounds funny

other that that I really am impressed

GOOD work.

Bogus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2003, 03:19 PM   #142
Darth Pablix

Post test

hi!

im still testing the beta and i found some things like following:

- it happens again! i was wielding dual blasters, jetpack was on (no airborn, just stand in floor whit jetpack activated).
My battery was half filled, and recovering power. Then I activate the ammo charger (ammo level was in middle) -near 140
i think- and this ammo level begins to increase, but battery, instead to reduce its charge, just stopped its regeneration.
This is great for me!! but i think doesnt must work like that. am i wrong? hehe, whatever, when the ammo chargeing ends,
battery begins to recharge itself again normally, but never, NEVER reduced its charge. An important thing: in a beginning,
this happens only in certain cases, and it seems to be randomly (Exist this word?) But now it happens ALWAYS. i dont have
any other mods, (just models like jango boba and others) "jedi vs merc = mercmod", "supermerc= 1"
"forceregenerate= 1" under these settings happens in first time, but i tested it in different sets and it still happens.
Maybe i have a problem with cvars, i dont know. Reply if someone have this bug. I repeat this bug is great for me...

- i got to tell the grappleig hook is still missing... i read some people was using it, but i got still the XYZ coord of the
previous beta, and the cord line is like a trip mine sensor ray... is necesary to activate it in some way? this is what i
mean when i asked how to use it. Understand now? Im afraid im not an excelent english speaker or writter u know.

- i made tests in a pentium 3 600mh w/voodoo3 16mb 128ram; and a pentium 3 700mh w/tnt2 32mb

- and, hehe... i know this is not the topic but... someone knows if is possible to fix the visual annoyance in jk2 using
voodoo3 videocard?

bye

Darth Pablix
Darth Pablix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2003, 04:08 PM   #143
Master_Payne

I was reading the last 2 pages and I find someone (sorry, dont remember who) said something of ading "realism".
Personally I think is a useless code, never understand why mod_realism if its the same that type g_saberDamageScale that comes in with the base JK2 (or maybe no1 nows...)

edit. and forgot to mention... saberthrow may be disabled if U R the server or an admin, just the same of disabling any specific force power (i.e. lightning) or was that in omnimod? if not maybe add a feature to turn sabertrhow on and off, cause yes, even without mods is too effective (can imagine if cannot be bloqued)
In this way if people gets upset for dont having saberthrow will be "fault" of the server and not the mod itself.
Master_Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2003, 04:44 PM   #144
Azymn

lionknight - the only files that would conflict are the files in base from some other mod. Other files in gamedata are fine as long as they are in their own mod folder.
And i sure hope i can fix the grapple.
I'll check out the join server with bots bug.

Bogus - 1) - Check the menus for the dualgun settings and then if you're a heavy soldier and you have dualguns bound to the right key, it should work.
2) - I don't have a lot of room to work with no new animations. But if they're not pointing forward or they don't transition smoothly somewhere, lemme know.
3) - Do you have assets_forceMod.pk3 in your \base directory?
4) - If you have another sound file, i'll check it out.

Darth Pablix - lookin into that stuff, as in the email i sent you.

Master_Payne - Good point on saberThrow. But the realism stuff is not just for sabers, it's for guns too...and it's body part specific.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:50 PM   #145
darthmaul_541

Yea i was looking for a jetpack menu but i couldnt find one anywhere all there is is the TCK saber thing and under controls there is a forcemod control menu but its not there either i cant find it please help! Where is the jetpack menu at? Thanx for the help sofar and i think its going very well.

- Darth Maul

Old 03-13-2003, 04:52 PM   #146
Azymn

The jetpack menu is under the forcemod menu on the main screen at startup...should be easy to find when you start the game.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:03 PM   #147
darthmaul_541

it was a little hard to find it was under the Rules menu but i did find it and i dont like the tri thrusts i think it looks weird cuz there are only 2 emiters (think i spelt that right) on all the jetpack models there are isnt a third or just one letalone so i am sticking with the 2 thrusts. But can someone make a mando model that you can pick how many emiters you want? Cuz even if someone makes one with 3 then there will be the other 2 emty if you want 1 thrust so a model with 1 2 or 3 would be cool

- Darth Maul

Old 03-13-2003, 08:09 PM   #148
KaiaSowapit

Quote:
I was reading the last 2 pages and I find someone (sorry, dont remember who) said something of ading "realism". Personally I think is a useless code, never understand why mod_realism if its the same that type g_saberDamageScale that comes in with the base JK2 (or maybe no1 nows...)
Quote:
...the realism stuff is not just for sabers, it's for guns too...and it's body part specific.
Yup!

"Realism" is much more (ideally) than just increasing the overall damage a saber or blaster can do. It's the difference between getting shot in the foot and shot in the face. "Realistically" getting shot in the foot shouldn't kill you - getting shot in the face however... well you do the math.

And speaking of getting shot in the foot... I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think one really cool realism feature of that other mod (*cough, cough*) is that if you get shot in the leg, you fall down for a brief moment (similar to losing a saber lock). More than just eye candy, it can completely turn around a battle. Fun stuff. Would be a great addition to damaged weapons/jetpack. Hope you're considering adding a similiar feature Syrup.

Regardless, this mod is rocking... keep up the great work!

P.S. I just remembered a form of "laming" you might want to take into consideration too. Currently, players can kick while under Mind Trick without becoming visible. This can be very abused. Perhaps you could adjust this?
Old 03-14-2003, 06:09 PM   #149
Darth Pablix

Exclamation hey

hi guys

-Syrup, all right with the flamethrower, in fact is one of the most beautiful graphic effects in
the game, very nice graphically. And I think its sound is right, not wonderful, but right.
In some cases, the flamethrower do thesame sound as the lightning do. Usually when battery
is very very low.

-I thing the grapple must be launched from right arm, maybe u can use the animation of saberthrow.

-waddaya think bout the ammo regen problem? if nobody mentioned it, maybe the problem is mine.

-idont like when the grapple hits a fixed objective its retracts automatically, draggin the owner
to the hooking point.

-the battery charge now is more adjusted, well done.

-good work with menus. Very clear, accessable, and useful.

c-u

Darth Pablix
Old 03-14-2003, 10:02 PM   #150
Flamehart
The Commander

Just messed with it real quick, I noticed a few things, sorry, no pics this time.

1. The options/controls never seem to save themselves when u launch promod, causing me to have to go and fix all the Merc options, etc.

2. Even when set to lightsaber block Lightning and Drain, it blocks Lightning, but not Drain.

3. Desann makes a weird sound, as if switching weapons several times fast, when you get near him.

[Edit: Also, don't know if this was mentioned, but, if I start a game say with 4 slots, and I put 3 bots in the game, only one bot shows up, both bots wont be in the game at the same time, weird eh?]
Old 03-14-2003, 10:25 PM   #151
Littleman206

Just some feedback

THIS MOD ROCKS! however....

1) bugs:

Okay, firstly, when ever I play as a merc I'm stuck as espionage
It says I'm bounty hunter, heavy soldier hat ever, but i get espionage equipment and abilities. This is annoying coz i really wanna try out the other classes.
And secondly i get the same problem as i think lionking said it, that when i try to join it says i can't change teams more then once every 5 seconds, then wont let me join until i boot every one.
Thirdly, espionage starts with no blaster ammo with me.

2)likes/dislikes:

I love basically everything you've done, merc and jedi classes are cool and the menu's are done excellently(that even a word?).
HOWEVER, I'm sure some other people have mentioned it, the saber cores are just to FAT. thin is larger then the original size, and if you ask me, it should be thinner(call me crazy).
I got that line flaoting next to the blade with a thin core aswell.
Are you able to give the grappling hook textures? Because I think it'd be nice if it looked like a steel cable(nothin fancy, basically just a grey cord), also I like someones idea(sorry cant remember who) to make it use the saber throw animation, because it would look great coming from the hand.
Also how about lightning being able to zap explosives outta the air, It'd be a nice secondary use for it.

Finally whats the tazer mentioned in the readme? i got no idea what it is. Could someone enlighten me?
Littleman206 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2003, 01:36 AM   #152
darthmaul_541

there are differnt equipment and abilities? Well...anyway i was just thinking that i saw a 2 gun pic on the website and it was 2 storm trooper blasters how i get those? Also i dont know how it happend but the game thought i had 2 pistols and it fired as if i had 2 pistols too (just normal shots nothing like rockets) BUT (i swear i even have a pic of it but cant post it) i had 1 pistol and 1 rocket launcher! IT WAS SO MESSED UP! Has this ever happend to anyone else? Well anyway like i said i cant attach files on here so i cant post them but i swear i have pics of it! If anyone has any idea's of how to post it tell me cuz this was really funny.

- Darth Maul

Old 03-15-2003, 04:36 AM   #153
Azymn

Crap...my connection just lost my reply to each of you individually. :S

Just know that i'm workin on almost everything you guys mentioned....i'll reply again later.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:00 AM   #154
Darth Pablix

i got the problem to join the game too, when i tried to join from the player configuration menu. I got to join from the "join" menu to start the match.

c-u

Darth Pablix
Old 03-15-2003, 04:29 PM   #155
darthmaul_541

hey isnt the only way to post a pic on here is a web address? Well...i dont have a website so...can someone please take my pic and post it on thier site just to show the proplem?

- Darth Maul

Old 03-15-2003, 09:09 PM   #156
Mace_Windu21

Exclamation To Azymn:

I have put together all of my suggestions and things-that-need-to-be-fixed into one picture, so please Azymn take a look and fix them. Thanks!
Crap I can't attach a picture, because it isn't a internet picture. So please go the JK2files forums and go to JK2 general. I will have a new thread named: To Azymn. Please take a look. Thanks!
Mace_Windu21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2003, 01:05 AM   #157
darthmaul_541

Ok sorry bout this mace but i posted a pic on your thred To Azymn (the same reason you did cuz lucas forums wont let you) and i just needed to post it so take a look. Here is the address > http://forums.filesnetwork.com/showt...021#post476021 < Thanx

- Darth Maul

Old 03-16-2003, 03:55 AM   #158
KaiaSowapit

Update: Interesting Bot discoveries
  • Bots using a setting of Merc 4 won't use sabers (or most of the Merc goodies), however they start with 0 ammo, thus usually only use the stun stick.

Non-Merc bots, with a tck_doublesaber setting of 1 or higher are considered "pure" Jedi/Sith - they won't use any weapons besides sabers and aren't allowed most item pickups such as health or sentries.

Non-Merc bots, without a tck_doublesaber setting or with a setting of 0 will use weapons besides sabers and are allowed to pick up all items.

Personally, I'd like more control to specifically limit bots' access to certain weapons, as well as what weapons they spawn with and with how much ammo. In certain situations, I wouldn't be opposed to allowing bots unlimited ammo.

Also, this has been on my wish list for some time; I'd still like player-friendly or at least neutral bots. The Emotional Attachments setting is useful but quite limited. Perhaps bot hostility could be expanded to use the light/dark side force flag (including human players)?

Lastly, the most frequently "spammed" Force powers by bots are: Force Lighting, Force Grip, and Mind Trick. ForceMod does seem to cut down on the amount of spamming, but these three are still the most common Force powers bots will use. My bots never seem to use "Force Heal" - no matter how I adjust their bot file. This was true to JK2 vanilla as well, so I don't think it's a ForceMod issue - maybe just a weakness in Raven's bot code?
Old 03-16-2003, 04:04 PM   #159
mariners2001

the ability to grab onto a ledge would help mercs reach higher places without utilities and would be an outstanding addition and counter against the push-whores.

imagine dueling with another jedi and then suddenly in the midst of the duel he throws you off the ledge - how great would it be to be able to grab the ledge on the way down and spring back up and kick his ass.

i've brought this up a lot but i really think it would a HUGE addition to the game. this would also solve some issues about jumping heigts. what are the prospects of this being added.

Skin Projects: (click on the links provided to download the files or view the current progress)
Emperor Palpatine: Completed
Jerec: Completed
Raas Avlow: Completed, but being redone
Mara Jade: Completed, but being redone which is nearly complete, New Mara WIP
Anakin Skywalker: Completed
Count Dooku: Done, not released
Ibtisam (Mon Calamari model) normal and rogue flight suit: Pending release
Talon Karrde: Completed
Rock Fisto (Kit Fisto model): Never released

E-mail me if you'd like to see or try one of these skins that I've not yet released.
Also, if you have an idea for a skin for me to make (Star Wars based preferably), please e-mail me with that idea and I'll take it under consideration for a future project.
mariners2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2003, 01:07 PM   #160
lionknight

Question Getting join error.

How many are getting the join error, It said cannot switch teams within 5 seconds? I have to kick all the bots and restart and ad new bots. Are some maps not supported for botjetpack? I tryed the counsel map and the jetpack works for the bots but they never run out of fuel, the meter runs out (I checked this by spectating the bot) but they continue to fly, this does not happen on other maps for example, the temple map. And I do have f_botpackfuel set to 1 (burn while in air). Thanks again Darth_syrup for such a great mod.

On another note. Is any one running a server for this beta 2 Force mod? If so, please leave your Ip address or name and what time you are running it and from were. Thank you

Last edited by lionknight; 03-17-2003 at 01:23 PM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Beta Testing > Forcemod 2 Beta Feedback