lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Reference
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-27-2003, 11:58 AM   #1
QueZTone
mind il creativo

Reference

When Manny is about to enter the greenhouse again after he sproutella-ed the pipelines and Hector dies. The doors open a little. Then you see the shot of Manny, from a low camera, throwing down his gun and turning around/walking away.

This looks extremely simular to Marshal James Anderson's same move after he kills the Sawmill's endboss in Outlaws.

I'll get some screenshots later today. First gonna take a shower.

QueZTone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2003, 03:34 PM   #2
Sanspoof

I kinda thought that was from a movie too. But then, Lucasarts always have their in-jokes.
Sanspoof is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2003, 06:40 PM   #3
GendoTheGreat
What a crock

Actually, it's quite a common dramtic effect in movies. I just saw it this morning in fact, in a B-grade made-for-TV action flick. One guy caps another guy, throws the gun away. A move usually executed by a character that doesn't carry a gun of his own.

Jolly good.
GendoTheGreat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2003, 04:54 PM   #4
elTee
beatnik

The International House of Mojo Staff LFN Staff Member 
Or by people like Neo, who just have too many damned guns. No time to reload, just drop the gun and grab another! Jackass... totally irresponsable. I mean, the baddies in Die Hard with a Vengeance, at least they were responsiable: "suppose a kid finds it??"

LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently
elTee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Land of the Dead > Reference