lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A question
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-06-2003, 12:37 PM   #1
SCUMMinator2k

A question

I'm relatively new to this forum but it has something none of the other forums I'm subscribed to has - a Credit System. Can someone please explain to me what this is all about?

Forgive my newbieness.

Terry: My boss is always sexually harrassing me. | Guv: But Terry, you're self-employed.
SCUMMinator2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2003, 03:55 PM   #2
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Meh, don't beat yourself about for being a newbie, we all were once.

The point system works like this, every post you make gives you two points, if someone rates you, you get more points. And also, people can donate points to you as can you to others.

Now why do you need credits, I hear you ask (you might be asking it). Well it's simple, go here, and you'll find a whole wealth of things you can buy with your credits (most of which need a whole loada them, sorry).

Of course, this isn't a reason to spam (and don't be fooled with the "add glow to username" thing, I didn't like it, but then again, you might).

So have fun.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2003, 07:16 PM   #3
SCUMMinator2k

Alrighty. That helps. Thanks.

I "beat myself up" regarding my newbieness because the peopleon some of the other forums I've been on, well, they're not quite as friendly as yourself.

Thanks again.

Terry: My boss is always sexually harrassing me. | Guv: But Terry, you're self-employed.
SCUMMinator2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2003, 11:59 AM   #4
Yufster
Insane Psychonaut

Yeah! Jeeze, ever tried going on to Penny Arcade forums? they're the most unfriendly bunch! No matter what a newbie says they bite into you.

You might recognise me.
Yufster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2003, 04:39 PM   #5
Amantis

Quote:
Originally posted by Yufster
Yeah! Jeeze, ever tried going on to Penny Arcade forums? they're the most unfriendly bunch! No matter what a newbie says they bite into you.
There was one gaming forum where everybody (including moderators and administrators) flamed newbies. Rather discouraging and unfair.

- Amantis

There is no job so simple that it could not go wrong.
Amantis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > Feedback > Feedback Center > A question